Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - Post SSW - Will it turn cold?

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow
13 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

The cold pool is back building...

gfs-1-198.png?18

Yes and signs of retrogression Eddie

image.thumb.png.921e62d1580d51ecb5fb997d7b8dd4fa.png

image.thumb.png.f4dd7f175a93d395ad6c9971d365e975.png

renewed Arctic plunge waiting to top up...

Edited by Purga

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS

Oh nooooo we're running out of cold air in Europe ???

IMG_1583.PNG

Edited by ICE COLD

Posted

Oh my days. Sat in respectful silence while visiting my bro this weekend but I cannot stay zipped any longer. This run is breathtaking. Reloading AGAIN! Genuinely the best run I have ever seen in my lifetime and I am not hyperbolosing 

Edited by ITSY
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

The charts are beginning to hint on agreement now. I believe we are on the cusp of seeing a monster Easterly incursion that will give the British Isles sub zero temperatures not seen since 1987 with high probability of deep snowfall especially across Eastern and South Eastern areas. Exciting times ahead for chart watchers.

Edited by Polar Walker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Now I know that this is not the ramp thread , but jeez what a run. Mr Murr may be *very drunk* abroad somewhere, but when he sobers up he may just think he dreamed it. Well he hasn't. This is now the best run ever seen in the internet age - it has surpassed the last few days and that is saying something. Enjoy the synoptics folks!

Please can you guys suspended ramping rules for one night. I'll post the rest of this in a hope we get a yes.

"If it verifies" That is quite simply peak cold, an event that would go down with the winters of 1963 and 1947 in the history books, constantly reloading and perishing. It could even surpass them in that it's unexpectedly late in the winter and so far removed from surrounding weather; it's incredible.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Holy schmoley!  If this happened I'd wet myself, but it would freeze!  GFS T264:

gfs-0-264.png?18

I think we may be starting to get sick of the cold and snow by then. I’d like to find out though....#BRINGITON 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

Please can you guys suspended ramping rules for one night. I'll post the rest of this in a hope we get a yes.

"If it verifies" That is quite simply peak cold, an event that would go down with the winters of 1963 and 1947 in the history books, constantly reloading and perishing. It could even surpass them in that it's unexpectedly late in the winter and so far removed from surrounding weather; it's incredible.

I think forget cold - we'd be digging through drifts at least half a metre deep....

Posted

252-264hrs chart maybe two of the most outrageous charts I've seen for snow, 1010-1000mbs pressure, deep cold aloft.That screams instability and probably a shed load of convection. 

Anyway anything else is pretty much a downgrade, and even a big downgrade from this is STILL going to lead to a noteable cold spell! Could threaten some daily temp records with that run!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
Just now, bluearmy said:

I think it got so coñfused running reversed for so long that eventually the run has simply broken at T312

Just what i thought Blue The gfs couldnt cope with that amount of easterlyness.

Posted

The problem I see has already cropped up with the gfs on the 12z and on the 18z with the short wave. The ecm has already picked it up on it. So instead of bringing the easterly in early it will push it back. I think nick alluded to this either last night or today in one of his posts. 

Posted

GFS is a filthy run but I like it. :spiteful::cold:

if that’s not a classic in the making I don’t know what is... easterly gales drifting blow snow. It would go down as quite something what’s good is runs such as this but this goes extra mile is not ‘voiceless’. 

EF5A6519-22AF-4759-81F6-AD97363D9282.thumb.png.bae961990b72a0d43470e7dc4bb439d3.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Catacol said:

I think forget cold - we'd be digging through drifts at least half a metre deep....

Yup, lots of snow - although on my rather rudimentary reading not as much up north (in my back yard) the 06z - as well of course. It's an insane run - a pub run classic presumably, but fun to look at.

Edited by Deep Snow please