Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - Post SSW - Will it turn cold?

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

It is fair to say ECM looks a little bit isolated at t168 this morning

UKMO looks unsettled and not overly cold

ukm2.2018022300_168_lant.troplant_prp_fcst.gentracker.thumb.png.1606224ce04ac7da208fffab02a505b4.png

Not really every ukmo charts never seems to verify at That range ,and the met are dismissing their own model so it’s in the bin really

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Last two ecm runs going for cold last two meto runs going less cold,something’s got to give in next run surely

im not bothering with gfs its just junk how it just flips and flops every 6 hours

Very true it’s almost random, that’s why it has 4 goes a day ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

So...what we have is the Ecm 12z last night setting the stage for a mega cold shot from russia and excellent continuity with the 00z following through on that potential!..and the mean improving too..I'm happy!:D:cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Yes it’s happening frosty,the met office super computers have led the run up to this Mega cold Easterly starting towards the end of next week,they been rock solid for ages now 

wish we had access to them here (

• Like 3

so even though the evolutions end up very different the diversity is pretty simple & around T96

The mild solutions have the jet moving East through the scandi heights @96, where as ECM / Aperge has split energy going North & south @96 allowing blocking to build-

Middle ground = a UK high/ tame SE flow lets hope we dont go there!!!

• Like 1

Posted

icon-0-96.png

Icon @ day 4 

Atlantic makes more inroads further north, can the block fight back.

Noticed on the 00z run that the Atlantic does get over the top of the high later on, still leaves us in an easterly / south easterly flow

Edited by frosty ground

Posted

Well here we go , will we see another wild swing back cold on the 06z. Strangely these changes are at about day four so we’ll know in about 30 mins!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Wow , UK on a knife edge this morning. Cold feast not far away on the ECM run. Looking at the latest UKMO fax chart at 120h ,with a bit of tweaking is not to far off the ECM evolution at the same time. Think this one is still up in the air as so to speak. I think this latest fax is adjusted more to ECM thinking than their own model (UKMO) is showing at 144t. All adds to the uncertainty as to what happens just to the east of the British Isles over the weekend  regarding shortwave development and building of heights thereafter.  Great chart watching this. Must get out ! I have plenty of snow here but desperate you guys to share some soon.

C

fax120s.gif

ECMOPEU00_120_1.png

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, The Eagle said:

6z ICON has moved toward the 00z GFS at 120 hrs.

icon-0-117.png?16-06

Rubbish model, GFS will move towards ECM then ?

Posted

The current SSW still looks on course to bringing just that, (cold and snow for uk) given favourable background state, though we may have to wait until the very last few days of February or early days of March to experience deep cold and snow.

Quoting Nick here! Great read!

Edited by kingdogleash
Accuaracy
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

GFS moving toward ECM at 48 hours.

Jeez, can't believe I just said that. 48 hours? lol

At T54 the Atlantic profile is more vertical than the last run, Atlantic getting held back so hopefully ridge of HP has more chance of followings ECMs run

Posted
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

People are going to trust the ecm after the apparent over night data issues?! 

They wouldn't have put it out if the data issues were still present, it was simply a delay.That said, I'd not put trust in any model beyond 72 hours right now. 

• Like 7

Posted

UK High is the form horse in these situation thats were i think this will end up ECM correct itself slightly later on.

GFS has moved slightly to the ECM we will get the middle ground outcome.

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

well it shouldn’t be long before we see where we are headed.....for next 10-15 days .  Looking at all the models and for the U.K. t96 is the crux point.  Block to E / NE with little trough nudging continental E flow into SE U.K.....  ECM goes full on and for me worst is UKMO and it seems to discount any continental flow.  Others delay but with door of opportunity remaining open for down the line.....I say beginning of March....as the wrestling match continues.   I want to be with the ECM....but my instinct is telling me yes to t96 set up, as per most models but after that middle ground as the wrestling match continues for a wee while yet.  

I hope the ECM has played a blinder.....but each model that proposed to play that blinder this winter the Synoptics have failed to execute fully....and middle ground comes to fruition.

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST
  • Thanks 1