Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Your in a prime location snowray good luck........:cold:

Thanks fss, Good luck to you too.:)

Its looking pretty good for around here, I saw the new weather warning earlier for tonight and at first I thought that I was just outside the warning area but it in fact goes all the way west to central London. I think this will be our first Thames Streamer so places further west should also see some snow showers, some models though are showing more of a NEly, anyway the fun is about to start. :cold:

DW4PWM1XkAAsPUG.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Seem bit of downgrade from latest  met update  for the region regarding snow amounts till wed,:closedeyes: 

What makes you think that?

Posted

When the East wind does blow will get snow. Stay safe and enjoy , it could be another five years before we can get this excited again in the southeast. Hope not 

• Like 1

Hi good peeps hope you are all having a great Sunday. 

I must admit a shadow of disheartens has overtaken me today. I live in Walthamstow N/E London and a few days ago I thought we were in for quite a lot of snow. Scrolling through some of the comments today seems to me that my area will be lucky to even get a dusting. 

Things could change as the showers pop up, but don't feel the excitement any more ???

Maybe it's just me being my mums second death anniversary as well today I thought at least looking forward to some decent snow may cheer me up. 

Anyway sorry to be bit downbeat guys fingers still crossed. 

Wishing you a lovely Sunday 

regards ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Current  temp. 3.2C, dew point -5.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp has hit 3.9 dew point -4.3 , not sure what if any amounts of snow we will get down here in Brighton , I was really excited but not feeling as excited this morning , but some of you guys look like you could get a pasting , good luck everyone , keeping everything crossed x

Posted

There's a new warning on the met office site for Monday morning in line with Dan Holly's tweet above. It's a bit difficult to make out from the warning map, especially on a phone, as it overlaps with the existing warning for Monday afternoon. So things look like kicking off a bit earlier than originally thought for the east of the region.

Edited by snowblind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

AMBER Alert issued for parts of the SE on Tuesday by the Met Office. 

Edited by Shunter
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Just to put the meto outlook for next weekend to bed, don’t look at it and concentrate on the next five days instead! 

Yes. With the deep cold forecast definitely not going to get upset or look at the weekend. Snowwatch is now going live on here......

• Like 4

Posted

hello all, i've decided to join everyone again for this cold spell as it could get quite interesting at times!

i'm just outside the orange warning for tuesday but within all the other yellow warnings so i'm feeling hopeful.. i'm expecting a dusting by the morning and maybe several cm's if i'm lucky by wednesday.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Amber update further north has been prompted by higher confidence as there is good modelling agreement, any streamer event is not going to be well picked up until near enough 00hrs out. Just hints which is what we are seeing at the moment.

I'm pretty confident that there will be more shower activity than forecasted at the moment.

Posted

Met Office outlook for our patch is not great. After the potential snow event on Friday, they go on to mention near normal temperatures in the south. The midlands seem best placed for continued snow events.....what a surprise!!

Posted

BOOM! I’m not in it but was expecting it. First amber snow warning since 2013 issued for parts of Greater London and SE don’t take too literally the areas,

0819D31D-BD11-4B95-BC93-6E21D587460D.thumb.png.c67d8343465f13cf9eb16d882820024b.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Here we go my lovely fellow SE'erners! It's time to start watching those radars and lamp posts! Going to be looking in here and commenting on here from now on in. The MOD thread is now just going into oblivion over that complex low come the end of the week! 

Lets enjoy this prospected cracking spell of winter weather :D 

• Like 3

Posted

F*#* sake. Great time for the shower to pack up. No hot water. But other taps are fine ?

• Like 1

Posted

I suspect the reason is the wind direction...strong winds from NNE giving convection along a long fetch of the North Sea.

45-314UK.gif