Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I'd say the 'mean' is ENE, especially at 850-700mbs which is a better guide for winter convection and its direction,though sure there are spells of more pure easterly (Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon-evening seems to be the best time).

Yes, you’re probably right there after reviewing it. Either way, I just bloody hope I see something ?

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I'd say the 'mean' is ENE, especially at 850-700mbs which is a better guide for winter convection and its direction,though sure there are spells of more pure easterly (Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon-evening seems to be the best time).

ENE so that brings Herts in to the game with a streamer? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Run out of things to report ? Or are you lost for words at the charts lol 

Yup completely speechless for once. :snowman-emoji::diablo:8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Understandably lots of emphasis on this low moving up from France for end of week. 

From Wednesday with a very deep cold pool over us the models will flip with scenario’s... don’t get caught in the rage just yet - it’s 5 days away. Many many changes to come. 

Here is a pic of my garden in 2009 when I lived in St Albans, Hertfordshire when the charts & TV we’re predicting streamers and the heavy snow to go London southwards. 

I woke up to 7 inches, fear not... everybody in this region is at risk of deep snow Tuesday/Wednesday 

12F25D6B-F50B-4821-B927-41F037528E14.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Ben Lewis said:

Understandably lots of emphasis on this low moving up from France for end of week. 

From Wednesday with a very deep cold pool over us the models will flip with scenario’s... don’t get caught in the rage just yet - it’s 5 days away. Many many changes to come. 

Here is a pic of my garden in 2009 when I lived in St Albans, Hertfordshire when the charts & TV we’re predicting streamers and the heavy snow to go London southwards. 

I woke up to 7 inches, fear not... everybody in this region is at risk of deep snow Tuesday/Wednesday 

12F25D6B-F50B-4821-B927-41F037528E14.jpeg

I remember that one! Was a bit of a surprise but provided great snow here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 minutes ago, saint said:

I remember that one! Was a bit of a surprise but provided great snow here.

Yes @saint and midweek looks equal if not better - especially with a post 3 week strength of the sun 

Which is why the Meto have covered all of us Tuesday/Wednesday for their yellow warning 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted

Could the flurries across SE begin tomorrow evening? Latest met office forecast graphics are suggesting so. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Run out of things to report ? Or are you lost for words at the charts lol 

I thought it was a pic of his view out the window next week.:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Although I've lurked on these forums every winter for about 6yrs and have learnt a lot, I still class myself as a complete novice so could someone explain exactly what a streamer is? My thoughts are that it's something to do with convection from the water below or maybe involves evaporated cooling but is really appreciate a good (but simple!) explanation please?! Also if I'm near Epsom, am I in the firing line? Pretty sure we got tonnes of snow in the "famous years" so hoping for the same again this week!xx

• Like 1

Posted

Right just going to only look at the models in the short range as this low on Friday is doing my head in. I hope it does because of the ssw that the modes will dramatically change its track as it needs to for us to keep our snow for any amount of time. 

Edited by Tom Jarvis
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Right just going to only look at the models in the short range as this low on Friday is doing my head in. I hope it does because of the ssw that the modes will dramatically change its track as it needs to for us to keep our snow for any amount of time. 

Same...already it's like the hokey cokey in there and we're still 6 days away.

I think that the models were having similar issues with this timeframe 6 days ago?

• Like 1

Posted

I love snow, but not to worried about a break down Friday! We are having a few days of cold and snow at the end of the season, all of us would of taken that a month ago! So enjoy the next few days

• Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Yes @saint and midweek looks equal if not better - especially with a post 3 week strength of the sun 

Which is why the Meto have covered all of us Tuesday/Wednesday for their yellow warning 

Yep, it looks to me to be perfect conditions for convective snow showers being wide spread. 

Posted

Christ. I’m pretending I didn’t see that ECM run. That’s a real kick in the nethers. Long way to go but that sort of sh** can do one. Hopefully a massive outlier. Time to forget later next week for now, so much excitement before then. Remain calm ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Yes, enjoy the snow in the next few days, guys.. it's looking more likely to be over by next Friday.

They don't make cold spells like they used to:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

most models are following the gfs for a quick breakdown next week and thaw, is it only one run, or a trend to worry about, flug knows, but if it is, there wil be a lot of flugged off people in here, south west winds are such fluggers:angry: