Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Had a snow and rain mix earlier. Honestly, I'm over winter. Either it hurries up and snows properly or it can wait until next year. Sick of freezing to death :cold:

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Sno' problem said:

I can vouch for the fact that Central London is undoubtedly the worst place! :D

I blame Central London for my snow woes all that hot air expelling out concrete jungle nearby even got it to my east :nonono:it’s time to build a wall folks, not sure what good it will do. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms

Anyone getting snow from the PPN round our region ? Dew points and other parameters are slightly less marginal than earlier, am I correct?

Edited by Justin123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
9 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The London ‘snow’ shield is working excellently again at least that’s one thing you can be sure of.

10B95670-85CF-48E2-8057-3BDA17E05674.thumb.jpeg.d3c415d5415f2fbec5276bfad567712a.jpeg

Oh so that's what I was out repairing today.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

What a lovely crisp day yesterday. As it’s half term we took the children to adventure island at Southend. It was bloody freezing but in the sunshine and out of the wind it was pleasant enough. Today though.... absolutely awful. Cold, wet and grey, my least favourite combination. To make it worse my eldest wanted to go and play footie over the park!!! We didn’t last long.

im really hoping for a final winter swan song and a big late February freeze, but if not, I’m actually tired of the cold and damp and the potential for snow, which has never materialised in my local.

one good thing I am starting to notice the extending daylight at the end of the day, and I’m thinking in a few months time I can hopefully get the bbq out of hibernation.

BUT one last winter blast and a shed load of snow from the east would really rock my boat!

Posted
9 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

Anyone getting snow from the PPN round our region ? Dew points and other parameters are slightly less marginal than earlier, am I correct?

You are. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
7 minutes ago, LeighD said:

What a lovely crisp day yesterday. As it’s half term we took the children to adventure island at Southend. It was bloody freezing but in the sunshine and out of the wind it was pleasant enough. Today though.... absolutely awful. Cold, wet and grey, my least favourite combination. To make it worse my eldest wanted to go and play footie over the park!!! We didn’t last long.

im really hoping for a final winter swan song and a big late February freeze, but if not, I’m actually tired of the cold and damp and the potential for snow, which has never materialised in my local.

one good thing I am starting to notice the extending daylight at the end of the day, and I’m thinking in a few months time I can hopefully get the bbq out of hibernation.

BUT one last winter blast and a shed load of snow from the east would really rock my boat!

Yup what he said !! It’s been the winter of cold rain if you live lowland southern England - would love some snow but thinking it might be time to call it a day ....? Model fatigue is common by middle of Feb I guess ...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Evening all,

I don’t know about anyone else but viewing the 12s and reading the MOD thread I just can’t get excited over an easterly that’s 10-14 days away. I just can’t. Been here time and time again. 

If it’s there T48 then I’ll eat my words. But I bet it’s not... 

Raining here currently and looking forward to things drying out slightly from Thursday, dog walks and running have been rank. Wet sodden ground and bogged fields. 

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Evening all,

I don’t know about anyone else but viewing the 12s and reading the MOD thread I just can’t get excited over an easterly that’s 10-14 days away. I just can’t. Been here time and time again. 

If it’s there T48 then I’ll eat my words. But I bet it’s not... 

Raining here currently and looking forward to things drying out slightly from Thursday, dog walks and running have been rank. Wet sodden ground and bogged fields. 

totally agree

Its being hyped up by many of the usual suspects, it will be chilly but vastly watered down against what is currently shown in some outputs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Only one way to describe todays weather here in St Leonards-on-Sea.....depressing.

Temperature hovering around 3-4c, winds gusting 40mph, grey sullen skies all day and frequent rain showers from late morning, ocassionally turning sleety.

Iv'e about had enough of this muck, roll on spring.:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
37 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Only one way to describe todays weather here in St Leonards-on-Sea.....depressing.

Temperature hovering around 3-4c, winds gusting 40mph, grey sullen skies all day and frequent rain showers from late morning, ocassionally turning sleety.

Iv'e about had enough of this muck, roll on spring.:angry:

Yep, I think it was one of the most uncomfortable days weather this year, made less enjoyable by feeling Baltic but non snowy.

A drive to Weston Supermare for work tomorrow not expecting conditions to be any different in another infamous English seaside resort! Incidentally someone told me to stay locked in my hotel room because it’s so rough and full of ‘druggy’s’, I didn’t like to remind them of Hastings statistics on that score (scuse the pun!). Anyhow I think every town has it’s good and bad bits, I’ll make it my mission to find the nice bits! ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Not bad views today if I do say so. Only -9 so a bit warmer than yesterday.

848FAE12-7AE0-4A70-97DE-41D79BA7C1C1.jpeg

Edited by shotski
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
Just now, shotski said:

Not bad views today if I don’t say so. Only -9 so a bit warmer than yesterday.

Alright show-off, only joking ?, looks beautiful; make the most of it, it’s important to commit views and moments like that to memory to reflect on when things aren’t so great! 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, shotski said:

Not bad views today if I do say so. Only -9 so a bit warmer than yesterday.

That’s cruel to share where are you? :) 

Today has been another one of those days cold but not cold enough grim and pneumonia inducing. I don’t know how the northerners complain about snow, they’ve had their fair share! 

We have every reason to moan, and steve nothings being hyped. There is the potential for a significant cold spell that is not questionable here. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

That’s cruel to share where are you? :) 

Today has been another one of those days cold but not cold enough grim and pneumonia inducing. I don’t know how the northerners complain about snow, they’ve had their fair share! 

We have every reason to moan, and steve nothings being hyped. There is the potential for a significant cold spell that is not questionable here. 

Hehe ? it’s Thollon in the French Alps, in the distance is lake Geneva. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Hope ur having a fab time 

It’s great but I do miss the english weather and the SE banter ?

Posted
4 minutes ago, shotski said:

Hehe ? it’s Thollon in the French Alps, in the distance is lake Geneva. 

Beats the murky Thames :D Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein part of setting was around lake Geneva I think hopefully no monsters about. :p 

F6682A0D-2220-479C-9854-44A13A340B96.thumb.jpeg.5e9c5e1fcd4dcfe886b0ee5834f57c70.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I blame Central London for my snow woes all that hot air expelling out concrete jungle nearby even got it to my east :nonono:it’s time to build a wall folks, not sure what good it will do. :laugh:

You might have to do a Steve M if you are going to get serious about your snow, or eventually it will drive you mad I tell you, completely crazy!:laugh:

I have already been looking at locations ideally in the 100-250m range.;)

Posted

I must tune in to the Beeb's Weather for the Week Ahead later.First time in ages.See what their take is on things though I dare say it ll be their usual incisive and analytical "Wettest in NW Driest in SE" affair.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, bluebell said:

Yep, I think it was one of the most uncomfortable days weather this year, made less enjoyable by feeling Baltic but non snowy.

A drive to Weston Supermare for work tomorrow not expecting conditions to be any different in another infamous English seaside resort! Incidentally someone told me to stay locked in my hotel room because it’s so rough and full of ‘druggy’s’, I didn’t like to remind them of Hastings statistics on that score (scuse the pun!). Anyhow I think every town has it’s good and bad bits, I’ll make it my mission to find the nice bits! ?

I would agree probably most horrible day of the year so far, I felt cold all day long today, that never happens.:cold: