Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Someone tell me when is says for example -12 uppers what does the "uppers" mean. I'e been telling people it' going to be minus 15 degrees ???

Those are the temps way up high Chelle. On the ground we are looking at around 0c or below during the day. Subject to change and snow cover etc

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

What do you think of the chances of that 12z GFS coming to fruition (shortwave in the North sea) cutting the real cold off?

I think it will roll through as a shallow feature - minimal development -!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
5 minutes ago, Southender said:

Those are the temps way up high Chelle. On the ground we are looking at around 0c or below during the day. Subject to change and snow cover etc

Thank you for explaining that I better start calming down lol - as it is no one at work believes me ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Quick question, what wind direction do I need here in NW London for some nice snow showers to blow in? Everytime there have been streamers they seem to be either in South London or Hertfordshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!

If I were a little person, I would ask...."Are we there yet?".........  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Evening Mr Murr

Me and the boys and girls at this end of the Estuary are usually the first to taste the Powder when these Synoptics come around so we will be reporting in when the first flakes fall and send them on their merry way towards the Smoke with love from the East Coast

• Like 5

Posted
27 minutes ago, jright35 said:

Milder by next Friday lol

F8179F28-CB4A-47E1-9DE7-B7CC11DEA85B.png

Full of thumb is to go up to 144h which is just about within a reliable time frame. After this, it's FI (Fantasy Island) :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Based on today’s MO Outlook, which I know could easily change, my take is that they currently favour the slightly more southerly track.

I say this based on the fact they seem to think the cold is locked in for longer ie well beyond the end of next week and that most of the “action” when it comes to snow is focussed on central, southern and eastern areas.

I would not of course dream of saying this in the MAD thread in case it upset anyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Wow, what an ECM run that was. Really loving that t144 chart, for midday Tuesday, lots of kinky isobars!!

Agree with Steve M. if that run came to fruition, would expect snow showers, to start moving westward, later on Sunday and becoming heavier, overnight.

Hope any snow, holds off, until Sunday evening, as I have a hospital appt, at Queen Marys', Sidcup, for an MRI brain scan. This is to investigate, episodic neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Saw a Neurologist at the PRU (Bromley), she didn't seemed overly concerned. She thought it maybe nerve damage. a legacy of  a brain haemorrhage/stroke (Quite common, after this type of brain trauma, evidently), I suffered in Sept.2015, or scar tissue, after a surgeon tore the ventricle, on the left hand side of my brain, after surgery, to remove a drain. I'm not overly concerned, either!

The model runs, look pretty good for our area and from an IMBY viewpoint, if those 850s are correct and the flow can align, to the ENE, we must have a fair shout, at a Thames Streamer. Anyway, I'm getting ahead, of myself, now.

Whatever, comes to pass, it's certainly been a fascinating period, of model watching!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Good luck for the weekend Tom.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
25 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Evening Mr Murr

Me and the boys and girls at this end of the Estuary are usually the first to taste the Powder when these Synoptics come around so we will be reporting in when the first flakes fall and send them on their merry way towards the Smoke with love from the East Coast

Hi Paul,

And no polystyrene balls, this time!!:D

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There was forecasts for snow in the Chilterns on the Netweather Seven Day Forecast all week....all gone now ,..as usual  :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
26 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Evening Mr Murr

I will be standing top of canvey heights saying "come to mumma" . 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Paul,

And no polystyrene balls, this time!!:D

Regards,

Tom.

Don't, just don't Tom....still gives me nightmares  :wallbash:

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Ravendane said:

There was forecasts for snow in the Chilterns on the Netweather Seven Day Forecast all week....all gone now ,..as usual  :-(

I wouldn't worry about forecasts like that, the snow if it comes will be very much 24 hour forecasting (Maybe even less). 

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
16 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Wow, what an ECM run that was. Really loving that t144 chart, for midday Tuesday, lots of kinky isobars!!

Agree with Steve M. if that run came to fruition, would expect snow showers, to start moving westward, later on Sunday and becoming heavier, overnight.

Hope any snow, holds off, until Sunday evening, as I have a hospital appt, at Queen Marys', Sidcup, for an MRI brain scan. This is to investigate, episodic neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Saw a Neurologist at the PRU (Bromley), she didn't seemed overly concerned. She thought it maybe nerve damage. a legacy of  a brain haemorrhage/stroke (Quite common, after this type of brain trauma, evidently), I suffered in Sept.2015, or scar tissue, after a surgeon tore the ventricle, on the left hand side of my brain, after surgery, to remove a drain. I'm not overly concerned, either!

The model runs, look pretty good for our area and from an IMBY viewpoint, if those 850s are correct and the flow can align, to the ENE, we must have a fair shout, at a Thames Streamer. Anyway, I'm getting ahead, of myself, now.

Whatever, comes to pass, it's certainly been a fascinating period, of model watching!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

I had an MRI at Sidcup, Tom - they gave me a folder with a list of music so that I could choose what I wanted to listen to inside the scanner! All the best for the scan, I have  feeling your journey might take a little longer that it did this week. :unsure2:

Edited by EWS
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

We only have the FAX charts up to 72 hours so far, but a large change has taken place as we now have a clear frontal system shown to our north east which will head towards the British Isles in the coming days.

fax72s.gif

• Like 6

Posted
32 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Evening Mr Murr

What you thinking Paul. I like the look of Tues-Thu at the moment?....Nice flow, very good uppers, hopefully some nice convection firing up.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

We only have the FAX charts up to 72 hours so far, but a large change has taken place as we now have a clear frontal system shown to our north east which will head towards the British Isles in the coming days.

fax72s.gif

Mon into Tuesday mornings snow?