Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

only occasionally heavy snow showers in our region Tuesday less frequent Wednesday.wtf is that from the met office afternoon update for our region,surely the E coasts of our region will see frequent snow showers at least moving well inland as the winds become stronger ? Now it's METS turn to act like metogroup ,flips sake

Exeter’s afternoon 15-30 day update still very promising for this week and marginally less disappointing than the overnighter going forward, though still miles away from a couple of days ago for us. Sounds to me like they’re sniffing the possibility of further battleground events, which of course always tend to favour midlands in these set-ups. But the option on the table, at least. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Definitely seems to be a more organised band of snow coming in off the North Sea for Tuesday. Possibly going across central England. 

Posted
Just now, shotski said:

Definitely seems to be a more organised band of snow coming in off the North Sea for Tuesday. Possibly going across central England. 

I believe that’s in association with a small disturbance moving into that area off the North Sea.

• Like 1

Posted

The Latest MetO Weather Forecast Update - A Very Interesting & Good Video

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted

current dewpoints across europe-

pointrosee.thumb.png.de4ac0a7eb56b0264b2c987fa2fa3fe0.png

dropping fast here, good luck to all those over in the east. my snow chances over the next few days seem to be dropping by the hour. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
Just now, CK1981 said:

I believe that’s in association with a small disturbance moving into that area off the North Sea.

Definitely one to whatch for the 3 counties. 

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lets have a check in around the region

Temp : 2.6c

Dewp : Minus 7.6C

Wind : Easterly

Temp 2.4c

Dewp -3c

Wind ENE

Posted
5 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

current dewpoints across europe-

pointrosee.thumb.png.de4ac0a7eb56b0264b2c987fa2fa3fe0.png

dropping fast here, good luck to all those over in the east. my snow chances over the next few days seem to be dropping by the hour. :sorry:

-22 ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales
4 minutes ago, yamkin said:

The Latest MetO Weather Forecast Update - A Very Interesting & Good Video

Makes me laugh when they waffle on about frost,who cares its going to snow that's the important bit :D

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Spending a nice day at home with the family today. Being a delivery driver I'm not sure how many days I will actually get home to them this week. ?

But you all enjoy your sledging though ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Eastbourne.

Temp: 3.3

D.p. -5.6

Wind: from the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer
4 minutes ago, LJS22 said:

Spending a nice day at home with the family today. Being a delivery driver I'm not sure how many days I will actually get home to them this week. ?

But you all enjoy your sledging though ?

ditto out at 5am for drive to swanley then delivering around surrey and kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Waiting in anticipation for the 1st few blobs to appear,little disappointed with the downgrades at the moment,but hey ho,much can change,just going to enjoy the next 3-4 days,hopefully a great little spell of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Nice graphic from Dan Holley (Weatherquest, Norwich) of their view of the potential snow accumulation in EA up to Weds lunchtime. If I can get the 10 - 15cms shown for just west of Ipswich I'll be very pleased. :smile:

5a92dcd86e73c_WeatherquestSnowAccum26-28Feb2018.thumb.jpg.ae63ec84d2816b6a2739a3f1d05a9922.jpg

Tweet: https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/967766917598629889

• Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

only occasionally heavy snow showers in our region Tuesday less frequent Wednesday.wtf is that from the met office afternoon update for our region,surely the E coasts of our region will see frequent snow showers at least moving well inland as the winds become stronger ? Now it's METS turn to act like metogroup ,flips sake

Yes,looking like a bit of a non event for most of the region now,amazing changes in forecast over the last day. Shame really. Maybe it was being too hyped for too long anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
7 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Makes me laugh when they waffle on about frost,who cares its going to snow that's the important bit :D

Not if you've got a garden or tender crops.. I've just spent most of the afternoon fleecing tree ferns and delicate plants that think it's spring :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters
1 minute ago, chelsea01 said:

ditto out at 5am for drive to swanley then delivering around surrey and kent

Stay safe mate. Don't think tomorrow will be too bad. Dreading Tuesday. I'm all around the highest parts of Kent. Bluebell Hill,  Wrotham,  Meopham,  New Ash Green. Great fun ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a beautiful day, I quickly got out in the garden to enjoy the sunshine but quickly went in when i froze me knackers off:good::vava:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!
35 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Lovely walk on the Ashdown Forest today.49D9AA33-C919-4C0F-8732-7B65D77EC4A2.thumb.jpeg.ecae1ed1eafb3bd5b0d2439368073914.jpeg

401C4826-658E-41AD-BFD1-11E5212BDCB8.thumb.jpeg.a1bdbae9fdae4b5412292f887f4d4090.jpeg

I’m optimistic we’ll all see something by the end of Tuesday. Then, if it is going to end come Friday, roll on Spring and Summer

It was bloody cold! But such stunning day for a walk and everyone we saw said hello, warmed my heart (shame the rest of me was frozen!)

With regards to the doom and gloom posts I can completely understand, we chase cold and snow so passionately, and even though we have full week with a potential epic ending the truth is 90% of the time the thaw is too quick, it would be nice to gold on to it got as long as possible, but as stated, if the low tracks South enough we could be in for the long haul . . . . . 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC going with some snow tonight early morning for south east, however they fancy norwich upto Scotland having the most this week! 5-10cm South East 15-20cm further north! So will they be right???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Is it all off then?? I’ve been away all weekend, just got home after leaving husband a list of preparations to make. He’s been out and got logs, candles, wrapped the outside taps up and now I’ve got to tell him it’s not happening??? I was looking forward to sitting down to watch the radar now and being snowed in in the morning??? Please tell me we are still getting some snow! My kids may never speak to me again. ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

That new METO video is brilliant! Snow tonight for Kent! Here we go!!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, smarklew said:

Is it all off then?? I’ve been away all weekend, just got home after leaving husband a list of preparations to make. He’s been out and got logs, candles, wrapped the outside taps up and now I’ve got to tell him it’s not happening??? I was looking forward to sitting down to watch the radar now and being snowed in in the morning??? Please tell me we are still getting some snow! My kids may never speak to me again. ??

The latest met office forecast has some snow showers arriving into SE corner from around 8pm.