Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Looks like the 06z EURO4 output was enough to justify an upgrade to amber (the warning zone and the higher precip line up near perfectly.) As others have said don't take the locations it shows too literaly BUT that would be the main zone for sure. I also think this would be the rough area any red alert may needto be issued down the line.

Come Tuesday I expect most of the yellow zone to be amber, and amber zone to be red.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Shower activity forming now North of Groningen  ( Nederlands ).  

http://weathernews.co.uk/radar/

Edited by Shunter
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fantastic!!

5a92b27a4177b_ScreenShot2018-02-25at12_56_10.thumb.png.ffcbccb1ad1b67af0d2811c1b6cecb99.png

kerrrrching

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!
4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fantastic!!

5a92b27a4177b_ScreenShot2018-02-25at12_56_10.thumb.png.ffcbccb1ad1b67af0d2811c1b6cecb99.png

Classic streamer territory. Wouldn't be surprised to see other streamers set up too, given all the instability and deep cold pool.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

BOOM! I’m not in it but was expecting it. First amber snow warning since 2013 issued for parts of Greater London and SE don’t take too literally the areas,

0819D31D-BD11-4B95-BC93-6E21D587460D.thumb.png.c67d8343465f13cf9eb16d882820024b.png

Bizarrely, I’m glad I’m not the Amber Zone , not that I don’t want loads of snow ( I do ) but on a personal note as a store manager of a supermarket it’s going to be a nightmare. So for me a gradual increase in snow without infrastructure issues etc will be perfect, although I’m fully aware these things don’t happen that way ?.

edit - in 2010 we got pummelled here by the Thames streamer so I still think the area may be extended.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, SLEETY said:

should be some excellent sliding conditions on the Downs behind my house as the snow will be so dry next week,can't wait,anyone else in the Worthing area want to meet up for a big slide next week:gathering:

Desperate times, GP! ?

Posted

Monday = snow :yahoo:

tues = snow :yahoo:

weds = snow :yahoo:

metoffice warnings :yahoo:

it' going to snow guys :yahoo:

ENJOY :rofl::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

id also think the whole of our region will be Amber by weds 

• Like 5

Posted

Good luck to those in the east of the region. After reviewing the latest output, I’m expecting very little here in Berkshire.

Things could change, but a few flakes in the wind just won’t cut it :( 

I think a shift to a more NE flow is killing the chances further west!

Posted

Thought the amber warnings would go up once the high res models come into play,Think most the region will get buried by either lake effect snow on the coast and streamers for others

We are nearly at the start line ,people:yahoo:

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Centre point of the orange zone as expected ?

20-30cm please.

I’m just inside it Steve so hopeing for a good dumping. Unfortunately my place of work is outside it so they might wonddr why I’m stuck lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Centre point of the orange zone as expected ?

20-30cm please.

There’s no reason why not. I’m hopeful up here near bluebell hill 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Great Norfolk and Suffolk between the two Ambers warnings just like Dec 2010 and Feb 2013 :wallbash:

Posted
13 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Met Office outlook for our patch is not great. After the potential snow event on Friday, they go on to mention near normal temperatures in the south. The midlands seem best placed for continued snow events.....what a surprise!!

Yep, that’s actually a change from their early hours update that I read in real-time. So following GFS and ECM trend more prominently and starting to gradually drop what I assume was the more MOGREPS driven idea. Well done GFS? We’ll see. All references to south and east beyond this Friday being at highest risk now shifted north in the medium to long term. So, volatile as models are, I would be looking to see this week as THE week for my location and then turn attention towards Spring warmth, although blocked and anti-cyclonic going forward screams bland and cool. Let’s hope we go out with a bang this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

I'm not betting on my chances of even getting to East Ham Tuesday evening....the trains will probably be screwed, ditto the roads and public transport, and i'm a 5 series owner ? It's not looking good......

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Bizarrely, I’m glad I’m not the Amber Zone , not that I don’t want loads of snow ( I do ) but on a personal note as a store manager of a supermarket it’s going to be a nightmare. So for me a gradual increase in snow without infrastructure issues etc will be perfect, although I’m fully aware these things don’t happen that way ?.

edit - in 2010 we got pummelled here by the Thames streamer so I still think the area may be extended.

I agree, I’m just outside of it too, but given what happened to us back then, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s extended nearer the time. 

• Like 1

Posted

Sadly the Meto updates are a significant downgrade for us in the some.  Gone is the bullish text for cold / snow to continue for next weekend with North /South developing in country with temp returning to near normal

lets hope this now cold snap goes with a bang rather than a whimper 

Posted

Thames streamer looks to be the reasoning behind the amber warning. I’d expect to see areas just west of that amber to be upgraded as we get down to that event. Remember 5+ years ago it dumped nigh on a foot of snow here in Morden.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
11 minutes ago, Essexgooner said:

Lovely  :)

Screenshot_20180225-125946.png

with such a long fetch, that could dump a serious amount of snow in this and surrounding areas and I imagine that's why the alert has gone out quite a way in advance . . . .

• Like 1