Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Big showers starting to form north of the Netherlands now with our name on them.

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wonder if it’ll be this bad?

164FCA2E-A636-4456-9758-922DF80E3AA2.jpeg

That will be the a12 tommorow morning I live right next to it so will have a walk down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Hey all. Good luck for tonight- tomorrow etc.. I'll be popping in to see how we are getting on.  Hopefully north west Kent will be a white-out by the morning ? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Dbarb said:

Big showers starting to form north of the Netherlands now with our name on them.

do you have a radar link, i'm not seeing any showers in The Netherlands at the moment on the Dutch radar . . . plenty coming through W Germany though

Posted
1 minute ago, CI Weather said:

Just 9 hours until the truely cold air arrives! Snow showers starting in Ernest tomorrow, going to be some of the best snow for several years across the southeast Mon-Weds even before the potencail for disruptive snow Friday. Enjoy!!

8EA066E0-0A63-4022-8061-323008DBDCCD.png

Oh hello. That'll cause all sorts of fun up Dover Hill...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
1 minute ago, Speedbird said:

do you have a radar link, i'm not seeing any showers in The Netherlands at the moment on the Dutch radar . . . plenty coming through W Germany though

https://www.buienradar.nl

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

http://meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-snowfall#

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

That will be the a12 tommorow morning I live right next to it so will have a walk down.

Hopefully it won’t look more like this:

http://theweeklynabe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/img_0274.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Lazarus42 said:

that's what i'm viewing - those showers are over Germany which was mentioned previously.

Posted
18 minutes ago, yamkin said:

the  one we need  to worry about is fri/sat with the in coming blzzards  due

Posted

I'm in Stansted, Essex. How might we do on the snow front. We've got a bit of elevation here. I'm commuting by car down M11 to East London tomorrow morning.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Morning from the Costa Del Folky.

I jest, but I do wonder whether we're going to be as affected down here in South Kent as some of our northern and western cousins?

Looking at the charts for tonight thru to Wednesday - seems to me that its going to be a bun fight to see any significant accumulations south-east of say Ashford and Canterbury.

Agree. 

Any opinion @Steve Murr

Posted
4 minutes ago, exodus said:

I'm in Stansted, Essex. How might we do on the snow front. We've got a bit of elevation here. I'm commuting by car down M11 to East London tomorrow morning.

i think the airport will be shut  by friday

Posted

Afternoon all.

Well the time is finally here, when the neighbours walk by and see you staring gormlessly at the sky or lampost.

To be honest i think we all stand a good chance of seeing snow in the region at some point, especially after viewing the GFS precip charts yesterday showing nothing getting inland over Northern Germany and yet there were 2 nice shower trains sending snow well inland.

Don't forget to keep watching how the North Sea on Sat 24 this can be a great tool for watching snow showers as the radar does'nt go that far East, you can see now showers already heading the right direction, all eyes down to see what that curve of moisture does when it heads towards land.

Good luck to all:cold::good:

• Like 3

Posted

Everyone getting jumpy looking at radars already enjoy your sunday any showers will be light tonight only giving dusting think and the air so dry a lot of laying snow will evaporate on the ground,fun starts monday afternoon rekcon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

The below has been added to the warning for Tuesday into Wednesday on the Meto site so looks like we will be seeing some amber warnings soon if not today then definitely tomorrow..

Separate Amber warnings are being issued to cover those areas which currently look most likely to see impacts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I’m seriously starting to think Medway could see a decent layer overnight now. I think we will wake up to at least an inch.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!
Just now, Chris101 said:

Afternoon all.

Well the time is finally here, when the neighbours walk by and see you staring gormlessly at the sky or lampost.

To be honest i think we all stand a good chance of seeing snow in the region at some point, especially after viewing the GFS precip charts yesterday showing nothing getting inland over Northern Germany and yet there were 2 nice shower trains sending snow well inland.

Don't forget to keep watching how the North Sea on Sat 24 this can be a great tool for watching snow showers as the radar does'nt go that far East, you can see now showers already heading the right direction, all eyes down to see what that curve of moisture does when it heads towards land.

Good luck to all:cold::good:

Latest warnings from the MO suggest there could even be a couple of cms overnight tonight in coastal areas but the main action will still be later tomorrow and through Tuesday. Looks like it will all be showers (EA and SE won't get hit by the more persistent band which move NE-SW across areas further to the North) so perhaps a bit hit and miss but I'm sure we will see streamers setting up in places.

Appears that the showers will start dying out on Wednesday pm as the winds swing more the SE and Thursday looks dry but bitterly cold.

Then the huge question mark over Friday; currently suggests a period of snow maybe turning to sleet and rain later but this is really on a knife edge and won't be resolved for some days yet.

All far more interesting than the usual Atlantic dross we get most of the time!

• Like 1

Posted

Also is it true that powder snow produces more depths than our traditional wet snow or is that a myth? 

• Like 1