Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes I would take many of the ENS as they slide the low

- bet those t'up north a little worried now...

Yes lol but they should really be hopeing it goes south as it then means the cold spell will be lasting a lot longer. Also we haven’t had snow for such a long time and is allot easier for them to get it 

Posted

I've only been looking at GFS ppn charts which show Kent as the bullseye zone but a lot more ropey for us north of the Thames with only the odd weak trough pushing through. Any other hi-res output people have seen which can give a bit more hope to us northerners?

Also, I don't understand how the upper flow at times looks very ESE, a lot like 09 in fact yet the streamers are still progged a direct NE.

Oh well. All fun and games. Good luck everyone.

Posted

Additional warning for snow just been issued valid from 4AM tonight to cover period until the already existing warning becomes effective.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I don't normally ask so before anyone says ofc I know any prediction can't be for certain, but I've seen nothing said regarding Bedfords chances in this set up. Got a very busy week and was wondering If anyone could give me a heads up what possibly my chances are, as all being well after today I might be collecting a cat :) .

Any input would be greatly received .

Many thanks in advance .

Edited by Dami

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

I've only been looking at GFS ppn charts which show Kent as the bullseye zone but a lot more ropey for us north of the Thames with only the odd weak trough pushing through. Any other hi-res output people have seen which can give a bit more hope to us northerners?

Also, I don't understand how the upper flow at times looks very ESE, a lot like 09 in fact yet the streamers are still progged a direct NE.

Oh well. All fun and games. Good luck everyone.

Check out this tweet from John Hammond - if anything, suggests north of the Thames may be the place to be on Tuesday. But not to be taken too literally.

https://twitter.com/weathertrending/status/967698634556018694

• Thanks 1

Posted

Met office have just issued a yellow for early hours on Monday. What worries me is that they haven't updated the yellows for Tuesday and Wednesday (yet). Lets see. I am not even bothered for Friday as it is long way ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Glorious day, outside in the sunshine training my dogs, the  wind is negligible and the sun is warm! Making the most of it...?

Posted

So many recent quotes of the meto further outlook from overnight (which is generally left the same as the noon update) 

give it 45 minutes and you can post the updated thoughts of the pros

the higher the chance of an end of week blizzard, the higher the chance of a breakdown. You can’t really have one without the other. 

I suspect this deeply cold pool headed into the Atlantic will play havoc with the algorithms in the modelling. they could well have this right and I will be quite impressed if they do given the unusual background. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
19 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes I would take many of the ENS as they slide the low

- bet those t'up north a little worried now...

Always value your input Steve.  

But we t'up North are not worried 

Posted

Sledge is ready...I.e) located at the end of the garage no-one dares go where all the spiders hang. Dusted off. It’s been so long since I used it, I forgot what colour it even was. 

Epsom Downs, I’m ready for you.:yahoo:

Posted

Morning from the Costa Del Folky.

I jest, but I do wonder whether we're going to be as affected down here in South Kent as some of our northern and western cousins?

Looking at the charts for tonight thru to Wednesday - seems to me that its going to be a bun fight to see any significant accumulations south-east of say Ashford and Canterbury.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, yamkin said:

I think there could be some nice surprises in the morning - the snow activity over Hamburg is starting to push steadily westwards

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
Just now, Steve Murr said:

Pistols @ dawn ? 

Hope you do well.. you deserve it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

A quick post from the coach to Andorra. I'll be missing all the excitement back home this week but will be dropping by to check up on things when WiFi allows. I'll miss that anticipation, watching the radar and lamppost for the first flakes, and the magic as everything turns white. Looks like the South East could be waking up to snow tomorrow, and with more to come, it'll be memorable for sure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
7 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Morning from the Costa Del Folky.

I jest, but I do wonder whether we're going to be as affected down here in South Kent as some of our northern and western cousins?

Looking at the charts for tonight thru to Wednesday - seems to me that its going to be a bun fight to see any significant accumulations south-east of say Ashford and Canterbury.

Have been having the same thoughts here in Lyminge. Although things look like they're starting to head our way!

https://www.buienradar.nl

Edited by Lazarus42
Added URL.

Posted

Best thing about the South Downs is you can sledge away from the crowds where you always have idiots ruining for others ,you know the crowd I mean,hate it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

A quick post from the coach to Andorra. I'll be missing all the excitement back home this week but will be dropping by to check up on things when WiFi allows. I'll miss that anticipation, watching the radar and lamppost for the first flakes, and the magic as everything turns white. Looks like the South East could be waking up to snow tomorrow, and with more to come, it'll be memorable for sure!

have a great time

i went to Arinsal with my dad- it was really good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Prospect of heavy snowfall or a summer evening thunder storm, any extreme!

Just 9 hours until the truely cold air arrives! Snow showers starting in Ernest tomorrow, going to be some of the best snow for several years across the southeast Mon-Weds even before the potencail for disruptive snow Friday. Enjoy!!

8EA066E0-0A63-4022-8061-323008DBDCCD.png