Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Lots of nervous post this morning! All we can do is wait and see !

Posted
1 minute ago, Speedbird said:

Indeed, a rather confusing post. Has a swipe at 'experts' and their wishful thinking, yet seems consigned for a downgrade which has been lauded by the 'suicidal' people from the mod page.

I see no downgrades at all, and remain of the opinion that the models are not yet getting to grips with the system at the end of the week - until MOGREPS backtracks, which it has not shown signs of doing, then I would rather place in my trust in the good folk at Exeter . . .

Ok, fair point reading it back. Maybe I am alittle confused and slightly downbeat after looking in the MOD thread earlier.

the 'swipe' as you called it, is really directed at the experienced eyes, who can look at a chart and say, 'if this comes off we will all be buried in deep snow' which I have seen everyday this week. Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight, as I'm far to inexperienced to even make a comment on the charts. Im sitting here waiting as well, it's like Xmas eve in terms of excitement lol. I hope you are all correct, no downgrades, heavy snow = happy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

The pressure is 1018 and been rising for the last 24 hours. Temps at -1c. But will rise above freezing soon with this lovely sunshine. Read areport that temps are some 20 degrees above normal in the artic.

Good health to you all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Mixed emotions this week. I've been snow watching for many years and I've really been encouraged by the models, showing such rare synoptics.

On the flip side I'm hoping to got my dad home Wednesday after 4 months in hospital.

I could see this being delayed by the snow which would really be frustrsting.(But I still want loads of snow!)

Posted
1 hour ago, snowblizzard said:

BBC Weather not really giving any indication or warnings of disruptive snow in SE?

Phil Avery saying today and tomorrow not really a problem but after that bitterly cold with high wind chill and a few wintry showers! 

I'm worried that we might not see much from this stunning set-up?

They are a joke,last night said disruptive snow showers now wintry shower Showers?

wtf they smoking this metogroup,Avery must be tearing his hair out.

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

cloud deck hitting norfolk next hour or so

Steve, are you still of the opinion that precipitation for this region could hit later tonight and into tomorrow and beyond, or do you think that timings have accelerated forward maybe bringing grains/flurries from this afternoon ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
6 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

084BD54B-F616-4D5B-9D05-C51389B0BB0F.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, fatyido said:

Ok, fair point reading it back. Maybe I am alittle confused and slightly downbeat after looking in the MOD thread earlier.

the 'swipe' as you called it, is really directed at the experienced eyes, who can look at a chart and say, 'if this comes off we will all be buried in deep snow' which I have seen everyday this week. Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight, as I'm far to inexperienced to even make a comment on the charts. Im sitting here waiting as well, it's like Xmas eve in terms of excitement lol. I hope you are all correct, no downgrades, heavy snow = happy.

To be fair, at least wait till after the event, if nothing happens, then fair play then you can swipe away.

Its like moaning that your football team is going to do badly and lose before they have even stepped onto the pitch!

PS, John Hammonds post looks spot on, I think right now most likely evolution is snow-freezing rain (on coasts just rain) but we are at such fine margins that we won't know till it is actually here I suspect.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 minute ago, fatyido said:

I understand where your coming from, correct the model forum always want the best chart to come off in reality that never happens, to me next few days I can wait !!!! Now they are now not happy with the weekend outlook 

Posted
2 minutes ago, fatyido said:

The seasoned amongst us have the ability to disconnect from the rambling, sit back and take a subjective and reasoned approach to model reading. I've learnt a lot over the years, especially in identifying trouble makers, wishcasters and more importantly, the many who provide a great insight.

Experience, in the current climate, conquers all - enjoy :)

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, craigore said:

Whats happening Fiday guys. Just got up.

Are we further norh or south wth the low ???. Rain or Snow ??

Snow in coming bizzards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

The charts are not as bad as feared this morning, the Icon at least keeps us under wintery ppn well into Sunday

Fridays ppn is all snow

icon-10-129.png?25-00

Friday eve

icon-10-138.png?25-00

Note the increased ppn (snow) in the Thames/N.Sea as the low wraps around and tightens the isobars ? 

Still way too early to be calling Fri yet. So much to look forward to until then

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

They are a joke,last night said disruptive snow showers now wintry shower Showers?

wtf they smoking this metogroup,Avery must be tearing his hair out.

Hugging the global models too much.

Lets look at what this airmass is actually doing in real life again inN.Germany:

https://weather.us/radar-hd/germany#play

As can be seen, plentyof snow. NO logical reason why the N.Sea won't look like that from top to bottom, maybe less into the far south east. The usual streamer locations will train and develop stronger as well.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Live cam in Hamburg where snow showers are just hitting

www.hamburg.de/webcams-speicherstadt/

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Guys

Surely a few inchs of snow from showers this week & a good old Blizzard on Friday coupled wth a few ice days will be enough to quench our thirst for another winter season. 

Winter cant & wont go on forever so lets just keep our fingers crossed for a decent wintery week and be happy.

For us that work outdoors nxt week will be testing...

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

To be fair, at least wait till after the event, if nothing happens, then fair play then you can swipe away.

Its like moaning that your football team is going to do badly and lose before they have even stepped onto the pitch!

If people had watched bbc  news 24  weather at  955 for the week it was more like the day after tomorrow with in coming blizzards forcasted

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Wowozer 30 hours snow (some heavy) Thursday night through  to Saturday  morning. Breakdown  or not that's some forecast.

Very mixed feelings about snow this year, can't even go out in it as I have been in a wheelchair  for most of the last 5 months. Feels different  some how?   I have 2 really important  medical  appointments, one Tuesday  and one Thursday, assuming we aren't snowed  in. Wonder what the week  will bring to us.

Kx

Edited by Katiewombat

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex Chelle said:

that's a great cam - especially full page where you can actually see the flakes falling ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
Just now, Speedbird said:

that's a great cam - especially full page where you can actually see the flakes falling ;-)

I zoomed in ??

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex Chelle said:

Thanks for the link, I like to look at cams where snow is falling, its very relaxing. Looking forward to lamppost watching late tonight/early tomorrow. Baby bird is doing well and is quite big now.

• Like 1