Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
9 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Temp -2 Dew point -4. No frost.  I Love dry air!

Yep - not even ice on any cars. 

Snow will be proper powder!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

we had no ice on the cars and the bird bath has frozen over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful cold morning here (0C) with blue, cloudless skies and a keen breeze from the ENE. This week should be fun for many of us, be safe everyone and post your snow pics lol :):cold:

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

I noticed that earlier when I was out with the dogs, nothing on the roofs around here either.

Off to top up with petrol in a bit as I don't fancy getting stuck on the M20 later in the week with no fuel to keep the engine running. Not due back to work until Thursday so I'll have a few days of not worrying about whats happening on the roads.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
19 minutes ago, kentcloud said:

Very best of luck with the scan @TomSE12.

Ridiculously cold on the beach at Greatstone at sunrise this morning, wind chill factor was off the scale.

IMG_0013.JPG

What A stunning photo.

We live on such beautiful part of the globe.

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all. What a stunning morning! Dry, bright, sub zero. Managed to crack my phone screen yesterday, typically before a crucial period of radar watching! Sods law I guess. Wrap up warm, keep an eye on your neighbours and elderly relatives, stay safe and enjoy any wintery weather. Fingers crossed most people see a decent amount during this coming week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I wouldn't bother going in the model forum doom and gloom about Friday /weekend mild temps , Jesus are they are such a happy bunch aren't they! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

So, the downgrades have started, the charts are being watered down, and people in here will soon become almost suicidal. I look with interest and also humour at the emotional rollercoaster ride that a lot of people go through on here, and particularly the MOD site. As ALWAYS, with model watching, everyone is chasing the next event, and it's always days away. A week ago today we were looking at snow showers by this Friday, that came and went, then it was Sunday afternoon into the evening, not a flake in sight, then talk of very heavy snow showers from Monday getting heavier into Tuesday, hmm, not much evidence of that yet, and certainly not really supported by the BBC, and now we are chasing at Red alerts and blizzards on Friday, then rain on Saturday. Phew.

i am not a mild ramper,, in fact, quite the opposite, I almost pray for snow and I am glued to this site, and I will be addicted to this regional site all week in the hope snow is spreading my way.  My point is, these 'experts' on here that look at colourful chart pictures and can see blizzards, heavy snow, deep cold lasting 2 weeks etc etc, are really wishing these things, because they never materialise. I'm looking forward to seeing some snow this week (hopefully) but I think I'll put the snow plough away for another year. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, fatyido said:

So, the downgrades have started, the charts are being watered down, and people in here will soon become almost suicidal. I look with interest and also humour at the emotional rollercoaster ride that a lot of people go through on here, and particularly the MOD site. As ALWAYS, with model watching, everyone is chasing the next event, and it's always days away. A week ago today we were looking at snow showers by this Friday, that came and went, then it was Sunday afternoon into the evening, not a flake in sight, then talk of very heavy snow showers from Monday getting heavier into Tuesday, hmm, not much evidence of that yet, and certainly not really supported by the BBC, and now we are chasing at Red alerts and blizzards on Friday, then rain on Saturday. Phew.

i am not a mild ramper,, in fact, quite the opposite, I almost pray for snow and I am glued to this site, and I will be addicted to this regional site all week in the hope snow is spreading my way.  My point is, these 'experts' on here that look at colourful chart pictures and can see blizzards, heavy snow, deep cold lasting 2 weeks etc etc, are really wishing these things, because they never materialise. I'm looking forward to seeing some snow this week (hopefully) but I think I'll put the snow plough away for another year. Good luck everyone!

What do you think has downgraded? 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, fatyido said:

You can't say Never!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, slater said:

I wouldn't bother going in the model forum doom and gloom about Friday /weekend mild temps , Jesus are they are such a happy bunch aren't they! 

far better to stay in here if you are of a nervous disposition! 

Posted

Well today is the day we finally head into the the deep cold air, as others have said a really wonderful morning, kind of reminds me of a cold northerly as it happens!

Anyway colder 850hpa temps flooding eastwards, by this evening the -10C at850hpa temps start to come in and with it increasingly unstable air.High resolution models suggest snow showers kick in as early as 3-6am tomorrow with a Thames streamer setting up soon afterwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

The low is not going to be pinpointed until I would say Tuesday. Another ssw event occurring as we speak and to top that off a very cold met office update which indicates a continuation of the cold spell well into March everywhere. Any thoughts people??

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, snowblizzard said:

You can't say Never!

Exactly the coldest 850hpa temps for years are heading in within next 12hours plus snow on way . Always has been from Sunday night / Monday morning for the start hasn't it?

Posted

Well, really aiming that the snow amounts that were originally suggested. I'm hoping for a Wash streamer as I live in Cambridgeshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
Just now, Radiating Dendrite said:

Indeed, a rather confusing post. Has a swipe at 'experts' and their wishful thinking, yet seems consigned for a downgrade which has been lauded by the 'suicidal' people from the mod page.

I see no downgrades at all, and remain of the opinion that the models are not yet getting to grips with the system at the end of the week - until MOGREPS backtracks, which it has not shown signs of doing, then I would rather place in my trust in the good folk at Exeter . . .

• Like 3

Just now, snowspotter said:

Exactly the coldest 850hpa temps for years are heading in within next 12hours plus snow on way . Always has been from Sunday night / Monday morning for the start hasn't it?

Yes Sunday night is when the risk goes up into the week..

We did have a chance at a few wintry flurries from Friday to Sunday but to be honest, im glad we didn't and have enjoyed some beautiful weather just cold..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Any news on latest radar soundings or cloud buildups anyone?

temp 0.5c. DP -6.3c 

Posted

For those that doubt snow, take a look over N.Germany NOW:

https://weather.us/radar-hd/germany/#play

850hpa temps at -15C (so marginally colder) but SSTs are a good 3-4C colder, so we will have MORE unstable air. Expect the east coast and EA into the Esturary to look something like what N.Germany looks like now by 12z tomorrow. Probably will wax and wane over the coming days, but that gives an idea.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Some of the posts i am seeing downgrade wot the hell is wrong with people. Absolutely nothing has been watered down we are still about to emter the coldest winds of the winter rapidly approaching meteorological spring..... i woyld say anything at t96 plus is fi. For the newer posters thats fantasy island. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The charts are not as bad as feared this morning, the Icon at least keeps us under wintery ppn well into Sunday

Fridays ppn is all snow

icon-10-129.png?25-00

Friday eve

icon-10-138.png?25-00

• Like 9

Posted

Some of the posts i am seeing downgrade wot the hell is wrong with people. Absolutely nothing has been watered down we are still about to emter the coldest winds of the winter rapidly approaching meteorological spring..... i woyld say anything at t96 plus is fi. For the newer posters thats fantasy island. 

• Like 2

Posted

I keep looking at Friday's forecast and thinking wow! Please be true.

00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00
Light snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow
60% 60% 70% 80% 80% 60% 60% 50%
-1 ° -1 ° -1 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 0 ° 1 °
Show detail

Hope that comes out ok but basically snow all day with temps hovering around freezing. This is from the met office site for my location in north Essex.

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Whats happening Fiday guys. Just got up.

Are we further norh or south wth the low ???. Rain or Snow ??