Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I’m watching bbc news and it said there is an Amber warning out??? 

Edit it was an amber alert sorry 

Edited by EJA

Posted
1 minute ago, EJA said:

Amber health warning for the severity of the cold. No Amber weather warnings yet, but some are to be expected in the coming days. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

Beautiful day today here in West london, sun felt quite warm. Up to 7c at one point. Could be the last bit of warmth for a while!

• Like 1

Posted

They we’re talking about the amber alert sorry peeps (hopefully soon though) 

Edited by EJA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

The cat found a spot in the sun this morning and came in feeling toasty.

Shows the power returning for Spring, which is why I'm not bothered if the cold spell ends after a week. 

Posted

To put things into perspective, upper air temperatures are hovering around 0c today and we’re maxing out at 6c thanks to the easterly feed off the continent.

Next week upper air will be down to -15c.....epic!

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Just briefly touched 6c here ?

Maybe the BBC new suppliers not so off the mark

To be fair the uppers are milder today as there is a brief warm up aloft with the developing high pressure nearby is warming the air up...soon going to change though. Worth noting as well the GFS ended up being closer to the mark than the ECM with the timings, cold air will arrive onthe 25th, the eCM was pretty keen on the morning of the 26th...

Amber warning probably will come out tomorrow once the high resolution models have Monday in their sights!

• Like 1

Posted

I know Sunday onwards is when the colder uppers spread over us Shotski.........................But Maxes were shown as 2-3c today so maybe the 4-5c for tomorrow is not going to be laughable, that was my point. The sun out of the wind is really quite warm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Chris101 said:

Morning all, temp 3c dp 3c

Sat 24 looking dreamy this morning,behind the weak front in the North sea. Clear  to see the cold air  already working a treat off the West coast of Estonia and Latvia making some wonderful looking shower trains spreading towards Germany and Netherlands. This is the same effect we want to see off the coast of the Netherlands over the next 48hours.

https://en.sat24.com/en/scan/visual

Wow, they are exactly the sort of shower trains, as you say, that I was expecting to show up by now, looking fabulous there on the radar as they hit Southern Denmark. And it would seem to me that they are heading direct trajectory towards out shores in the SE!:yahoo:

Not long to wait now for the action to start, this time tomorrow will be kick off for the start of lamp post watch and the first flurries. Hope everyone has stocked up on their snow supplies, treats and nibbles, chocolate, bounties, and flakes. I got 12 bottles of wine this morning, should keep me going at least until Weds!:drunk-emoji:

frozen14.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

I know Sunday onwards is when the colder uppers spread over us Shotski.........................But Maxes were shown as 2-3c today so maybe the 4-5c for tomorrow is not going to be laughable, that was my point. The sun out of the wind is really quite warm

What is interesting is that the further inland you go your back down to 3-4C range. Looks like the North Sea is moderating things somewhat (as you'd expect). Anyway temps are going to be well over 10C colder at 850hpa within 48hrs.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

BBC on the Friday news at 1.30pm said Friday 4-5c, Saturday 5-6c and Sunday 3-4c for this region and 2-3c for Monday (all maxes).

Here on the Essex Riviera (Burnham) max of 4c yesterday and so far a max of 5.5c today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

ENE

1stdec2010.gif

That was perfection for here, the showers effecting the Thames Estuary and moving well inland but keeping to the south of London mainly. On the other hand some places in NW London were wondering what all the fuss was about.

Posted
34 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

everywhere sold out of sledges ,guess it have to be tin tray !!!!!

I have one - Yours for the right price :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, cobbett said:

Odd choice of word on the Meto warning

Heavy snow showers are expected on Wednesday. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers,

and passengers ?  Well I suppose you could have a stranded vehicle without passengers after they've left before being stranded or.maybe it means that the passengers can't walk after being left stranded due to their car being stranded - hmm i must be bored - need to get outside  :cc_confused:

Maybe the would be passengers are waiting for a lift but the vehicle gets stranded so the would be passengers waiting, get stranded too, leaving a stranded vehicle and passengers who didn't actual get a chance to be stranded vehicle passengers.:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, EJA said:

Edit it was an amber alert sorry 

Lev3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

That was perfection for here, the showers effecting the Thames Estuary and moving well inland but keeping to the south of London mainly. On the other hand some places in NW London were wondering what all the fuss was about.

Got plenty of snow from that in NE London, perhaps not as much in NW.

15 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

The cat found a spot in the sun this morning and came in feeling toasty.

Shows the power returning for Spring, which is why I'm not bothered if the cold spell ends after a week. 

The sun is lovely actually could be a beautiful summer day ( just from looking out the window ) in the shade it’s very cold ... my flowers don’t know what to do ... the daffs that have half come out are wishing they hadn’t 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Definitely slightly milder today than yesterday. Latest BBC forecast showing highs of 0c in Norwich tomorrow and 4c in London. Obviously the colder air will reach Norwich first and spread west, so I expect that high of 4c in London will be achieved early and then the temperature will be on the way down in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

yes i noticed how warm the sun was too, almost mankini wearing warmth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
18 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

To put things into perspective, upper air temperatures are hovering around 0c today and we’re maxing out at 6c thanks to the easterly feed off the continent.

Next week upper air will be down to -15c.....epic!

Thanks for that was curious about the uppers here in Surrey we have managed a high of 4.5c do-4c it really feels cold in the wind

• Like 1