Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, bbtablet said:

News to me - re breakdown services - AA certainly takes registered person and all passengers - the registered member does not even have to be driving, nor own, the car.

I was joking. re passengers being stranded. :cold:

Posted

Seems that with the models possibly showing the winds shifting about this week, particularity Wednesday as other more experienced members have hinted at, almost anywhere could see some decent snow.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Hellboy said:

Nice to see you still on the forums kold. I remember you posting back in 2005 etc. How time has flown! I'm mostly a lurker.

Yeah someone will be very lucky I guess.

Interesting to note, this chart gave me 6 Inches with 8/9 towards Dartford.

Rrea00120030108.gif

Yep, I have been mainly a lurker for a while as work keeps me too busy these days, but just for one week lets go back in time!

I remember that one well, I was in school and it started some point inthe morning, we ended up getting sent home from school as it really did start getting deep (I lived in Thurrock at the time). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days

When I read here i feel hopeful but when I check my metoffice app it’s disappointing. Again they just show little bit snow on Wednesday and that’s it. Air is getting milder by Friday ?

Posted

Could someone please tell me how to click onto the met office warnings I can view the map don’t know how to view the text. Probably being really stupid.... thanks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW
Just now, EJA said:

Could someone please tell me how to click onto the met office warnings I can view the map don’t know how to view the text. Probably being really stupid.... thanks 

Click on the warning at the bottom i.e Yellow warning of snow it will then display the text.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, EJA said:

If you have an iPhone you are better viewing in safari as google currently does not show the days to click into on the bottom. So essentially you can’t see the text in google.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

When I read here i feel hopeful but when I check my metoffice app it’s disappointing. Again they just show little bit snow on Wednesday and that’s it. Air is getting milder by Friday ?

myself and a few others have said it already but IGNORE THE APP SYMBOLS. they change every hour. when you read the text it almost contradicts the symbols. 

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

And i will wager a £1000

That is an incredibly bold statement/prediction to make seeing as pretty much every north easterly has cripped SE Essex over my 45 years on this planet

Music to my ears that Paul. I remember 87 and 91 vividly and we had copious amounts here just outside Romford. Taking my eldest to his football tomorrow near Barleylands so hoping that's on and not frosted off - keep telling him next week's game may be called off due to snow but he thinks I'm mad! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

I agree places in south Essex and coastal areas will get a lot of snow but further north up into north Essex and Suffolk im not so sure, but who knows it will all come down to the day and the direction of the streamer.

If you get it coming NE then a wash streamer will set up. As it has a larger body of water to pick up convective showers merging into long spells of snow 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
32 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

I wager you a virtual tenner that you will be proved very wrong. East Suffolk and Essex are in for a pasting. 

Yeah but what about Norfolk :rofl:

Posted

Thank you. I downloaded the app ?

13 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

If you have an iPhone you are better viewing in safari as google currently does not show the days to click into on the bottom. So essentially you can’t see the text in google.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm about four miles inland from Southend sea front, I understand its impossible to really predict anything but going by the current set up is this a good location for any snow or not as close to the coast?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

I'm about four miles inland from Southend sea front, I understand its impossible to really predict anything but going by the current set up is this a good location for any snow or not as close to the coast?

Yep. Fingers crossed we should do ok ?? 

• Like 1

Posted

I think there will be some interesting developments early next week, and not just for the usual locations in the east.

I believe we’ll see larger areas of snowing moving east to west (all the way across to Bristol) in response to the huge temperature differential between sea surface and upper air.

@Surrey, what’s your thought on this?

Edited by CK1981
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
29 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

I never pay too much attention to posts proclaiming we’re going to get buried in snow etc. 

Check the MO website Sunday evening for a better reflection for next week. 

• Like 3

Posted

Its nearly time to stop all the talking and radar watch,around late afternoon sunday the -10uppers roll in then its game on,cant wait to see the snow shower clouds that sometimes have that pink ish look about them,just hope most of the streamers dont stay offshore miss north essex and then roll into kent as sometimes happerns

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly with a stronger sun and unusually low T850 temp / low DAM it’s slightly unchartered terroirity exactly what convection kicks off . Im a extreme weather person so that low pressure track end of the week really caught the eye. With the updated MET update we may hit the jackpot although experience say those tracks aren’t locked in even at T6 . 

Remember it was a low tracking up from France that was the initial focus for 1/2 Feb 2009 but it the Thames steamer that gave me 10 inches 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Just briefly touched 6c here ?

Maybe the BBC new suppliers not so off the mark

LOL

cold hasn’t got here yet. 

• Like 1