Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I would imagine there will be quite a divide in London early next week. My sense is that east and south-east London could benefit from a Thames streamer; north and west London may miss out a on the heaviest and most persistent snow. Similar to December 1, 2010, when places like Bromley were buried, while north of the river there was a dusting. If I lived in north Kent right now I would be wetting myself with excitement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Snow said:

I would imagine there will be quite a divide in London early next week. My sense is that east and south-east London could benefit from a Thames streamer; north and west London may miss out a on the heaviest and most persistent snow. Similar to December 1, 2010, when places like Bromley were buried, while north of the river there was a dusting. If I lived in north Kent right now I would be wetting myself with excitement.

Sounds about right - personally quite happy with that, a bit of snow is great but disruptive snow gets in the way of life, hopefully will stay out of the way of the bulk of the Thames Streamer 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Let's hope not! Hopefully the levels of cold and instability combined with the North Sea will allow showers to affect almost anywhere as the week goes on, and also little features etc pop up. We'll know more by Sunday I imagine. 

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

The trouble Steve Murrs posts are they are very informative but keeping thinking we are getting all this information from Kenneth Williams think he should start posting in character something like, "Ohh er...what lovely pair of models!" or "Is that a snowball in your pocket? are are you just pleased to see me?" :D

Edited by Rinse The Raindrops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feeling very chilly today, it was sunny this morning but more cloudy now. A strong breeze from the E and 4C currently. 

Looking very wintry indeed from Sunday, with multiple ice days and increasingly snowy! Look after any vulnerable family or neighbours and animals. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, k66yla said:

Just come back from the shops after stocking up on cold weather supplies and the wind has picked up here now and the sky has turned grey.

According to my friends I am now officially mad after buying a snow shovel and salt for the car. For myself I've got thermal base layers, gloves,socks, some spikies for my shoes, bovril, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows. Just ordered some handwarmers so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. I hate working outdoors when the weather hits extremes. I'm going to look like a right idiot if this event doesn't show......lol

Could get really bad around rural Ashford in my opinion. Let them scoff, they will be the ones coming a cropper! :D

A lady friend emailed me this picture from deepest Kent, not that far away from you. She said she heard there was a blizzard on its way to Kent next week, I told her not to worry but that there will be some snow around.:whistling:

images-10.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

My visiting family want fish and chips at the beach on Saturday (recommendations for takeaways in North Norfolk, anyone??) before they depart from Heathrow Monday lunchtime.  They're used to cold weather but driving in snow is nobody's idea of a good time - well, not mine!  Snow later Monday please...

Posted
6 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

no mention of my back garden ................. in fact no mention of anyone's back garden !!!

It's well known that garden's in St Albans are immune to cold, snow and frost. :wink:

• Like 1

Posted

So I’ve finally got round to gathering my snow supplies....

last time it snowed enough to use a sledge properly it was March 2013 my son was two and used the little baby blue sledge.

He spotted the red sledge this morning and his excact words were ‘Mummy there’s this large red circle thing in the shed what is it!...

Hopefully next week he will get to enjoy it. The snow shovel has never been used and the cobwebs I have just removed were a testimony to that. The same with the grit, my mum gave them to me when she moved back is 2014!.

4F6B090B-ACAB-4F41-85FC-703754EA99A4.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, twiglet98 said:

My visiting family want fish and chips at the beach on Saturday (recommendations for takeaways in North Norfolk, anyone??) before they depart from Heathrow Monday lunchtime.  They're used to cold weather but driving in snow is nobody's idea of a good time - well, not mine!  Snow later Monday please...

Docking very good.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, twiglet98 said:

Ha!?I live in sheringham which is on the North n Norfolk coast, can highly recommend No1's at Cromer, just 5 miles away from me.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, sarahjhd said:

Docking very good.

1 minute ago, North Norfolk coast said:

Ha!?I live in sheringham which is on the North n Norfolk coast, can highly recommend No1's at Cromer, just 5 miles away from me.

Thanks guys, we usually go for walks at Holkham but it's a long way from a takeaway!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
10 minutes ago, snowray said:

Could get really bad around rural Ashford in my opinion. Let them scoff, they will be the ones coming a cropper! :D

A lady friend emailed me this picture from deepest Kent, not that far away from you. She said she heard there was a blizzard on its way to Kent next week, I told her not to worry but that there will be some snow around.:whistling:

images-10.jpg

Yes but have they got an restrictions on Bovril?  

Clouded over here and breeze has picked up. I need my long johns on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, twiglet98 said:

Thanks guys, we usually go for walks at Holkham but it's a long way from a takeaway!

Probably somewhere in Wells? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, fluid dynamic said:

Yes but have they got an restrictions on Bovril?  

Clouded over here and breeze has picked up. I need my long johns on

I've got my Bovril :D

winter18.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.
18 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

no mention of my back garden ................. in fact no mention of anyone's back garden !!!

I'm sure they will mention your back garden in their next bulletin BA, when they are 100% confident of you personally receiving a massive dumping of snow.... 

Posted
30 minutes ago, saint said:

Let's hope not! Hopefully the levels of cold and instability combined with the North Sea will allow showers to affect almost anywhere as the week goes on, and also little features etc pop up. We'll know more by Sunday I imagine. 

Absolutely, I don't doubt most of us will see snow at some point, but always the heaviest to the east and south-east of central London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme warmth And Extreme blizzards.
14 minutes ago, twiglet98 said:

Frenchs  Chippy. Wells Next The Sea. Supafry Hunstanton. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
20 minutes ago, twiglet98 said:

Dont go to Snetisham Beach for Fish and Chips whatever you do , give me the threpenny bits everytime. Taste nice though :)

Edited by Sparky68
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Absolutely, I don't doubt most of us will see snow at some point, but always the heaviest to the east and south-east of central London.

I would also include SW of London as well would do well. Less than by the mouth but should still get tasty totals.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Trying to convince people that the forecast isn't rubbish is proving an uphill struggle -  "I'll believe it when I see it"; "a load of hot air" ; "all a fuss about nothing" :nonono: