Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
42 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Looks like we are getting into possible Snow Streamer territory from early Tuesday morning

GFS

B29DCFBC-D18A-4D40-B386-737C1737BC2B.thumb.png.4c5f885394effe9a633ea3a4702e7155.png

ECM

84FB1A6D-E24B-4322-A9D6-ECD685EEF908.thumb.png.2276717034be777c9214b190f6651c94.png

Nice gap around the Norwich area ;) 

Goodmorning people ? It's Friday and yes the weekend is nearly here. I see the warnings are beginning to go up I am still not sure about my area Walthamstow n/e London but from what I can see it does come into the yellow. 

Bright crisp morning today plenty of frosts on the cars and the roofs. Hi I am a bit concerned I may miss out on the fun as I work in Milton Keynes so I don't know how that's going to pan out. Just hope I still see the white stuff falling on my return journeys back ?. 

I know we are are all wondering when the first flakes will start falling, I am taking a guess  (may be wrong) but I think Sunday after 3pm might see the first reports of Flakes falling in our region let's see how it pans out. At this range timing is hard to pinpoint I imagine.

Anyway all you lovely lot have a great Friday.

kind regards ????

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

But thats only up to Tuesday,,and they say lots of uncertainty regarding the timing and AMOUNT, of snow,just try and be a bit patient lol,and wait till the met office can firm up on the details nearer the time frame

most of the SE will get snow next week that certain.

I know what you're saying but as it's getting closer time seems to be slowing down....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just a shame it doesn't come in sat night into sunday bad,got my girls this weekend,and where im living now,always does well,70m asl helps and im the highest point around,would have been nice to get snowed in,then they could stay for longer,lol,seriously,is it happening,I've not allowed myself to get hyped up,after so many let down's,but im getting just a little excited now for all of us here in the southeast,bring on the beast

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
9 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

But thats only up to Tuesday,,and they say lots of uncertainty regarding the timing and AMOUNT, of snow,just try and be a bit patient lol,and wait till the met office can firm up on the details nearer the time frame

most of the SE will get snow next week that certain.

Yes looking at the week ahead, the Mon/Tues snow is just a little starter to the main meal towards the end of the week!!! Hopefully finishing with Arctic Roll for pud!:Dxx

Edited by weathergeek
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

I've bought some cheap bread for the sheep.  A personal favourite for Keith my Ram is Hovis Finger Rolls.  

Oh, I see, I had visions of you making miles and miles of sandwiches.

Posted
44 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

I don’t think anyone quite realised how bad this could be. The reaction of my work colleagues was “yea but it never happens does it” 

this isn’t helped by the management company that looks after the grounds warning “The MET Office warning of ice condition” every time it’s been frosty.

MET office,I know ?  

Possibly all to do with crying wolf on too many occasions. How many times on here are the prospects ramped up out of all proportion too far out? A lot of wishful blinkered thinking.

Seems likely this is a more certain prospect but the detail is far from confirmed other than it will be cold or very cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Oh happy days!! I have really enjoyed reading this and the mad thread over the last couple of weeks. Thank you to all. Let the snow begin to fall. I'm ready...... and waiting!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
6 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Metoffice removed snow icons for Brighton completely today ???

Don’t worry, they’ll be back, disappear again, then come back again several times before Monday! Seem to change constantly.

Posted
11 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Don't focus on the precipitation, most of which in this scenario will be forming as troughs come over the North Sea/Channel. Most models and the apps that use the data can't accurately forecast PPN until within 48h. Get the cold in first and then worry about the snow.

Edited by Ellozee
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

Wouldn't worry about it too much, we'll get chances... we'd be very unlucky not to see any snow at all during this spell. True we are not in the most favoured position of this region being pretty far west and we have a very short sea track over the North Sea in a direct easterly but things always crop up.

Also remember if we do get any systems trying to encroach from the south west we are very well positioned whereas some of the more north/eastern parts of the region may miss out, swings and roundabouts

One thing is for certain it's going to be brutally cold next week, it feels cold enough outside right now! I think they are so rare we often forget just how bitterly cold easterlies are

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
56 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Absolutely absolutely.  My husband will have none of it and due to his health he is part of the population that really should be taking notice of the weather.  Even without snow there is going to be unusually severe cold next week which impacts on the population.  I've just come out of our local shop.  Stacked right out with bread.  I'm carrying on regardless and making preparations for next week.  

My local shop was out of houmous this morning:shok: the last time that happened was in winter 1963, 1987, 1991 and 2010 and we all know what happened then

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Possibly all to do with crying wolf on too many occasions. How many times on here are the prospects ramped up out of all proportion too far out? A lot of wishful blinkered thinking.

Seems likely this is a more certain prospect but the detail is far from confirmed other than it will be cold or very cold. 

Very true. Unlikely cold/snow events are all too often ramped up on this site. Fair enough, it's a business and it helps to bring in the dosh, but we need to have the presence of mind to be sceptical until much nearer the event.

Posted
29 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Goodmorning people ? It's Friday and yes the weekend is nearly here. I see the warnings are beginning to go up I am still not sure about my area Walthamstow n/e London but from what I can see it does come into the yellow. 

Bright crisp morning today plenty of frosts on the cars and the roofs. Hi I am a bit concerned I may miss out on the fun as I work in Milton Keynes so I don't know how that's going to pan out. Just hope I still see the white stuff falling on my return journeys back ?. 

I know we are are all wondering when the first flakes will start falling, I am taking a guess  (may be wrong) but I think Sunday after 3pm might see the first reports of Flakes falling in our region let's see how it pans out. At this range timing is hard to pinpoint I imagine.

Anyway all you lovely lot have a great Friday.

kind regards ????

If you zoom into the map, sadly we are currently just out of the yellow band :(

Hopefully that will change in the next 24hrs...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Alert - Tesco extra in Raynes Park is extremely low on Bovril. 

Chilly up on the scaffolding this morning, but a beautiful clear day

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

My local shop was out of houmous this morning:shok: the last time that happened was in winter 1963, 1987, 1991 and 2010 and we all know what happened then

Whatever will I dip my crackers in:D

On a more serious note, i really hope local councils are going to do something about the homeless during this spell, in Brighton there is quite a homeless issue with many shop doorways being habited, something must be done as such is the severity of this incoming cold that there will be deaths should nothing be done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

95%!!!!!! chance of snow in Worthing on Tuesday.

Looking forward to this late winter coldwave!!! 

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 2

Posted

Wash Streamer appearing on the 0Z GFS.

GFSOPUK00_111_4.png

At this stage the streamer is likely to be more W based streamer moving into locations such as Leicestershire and the rest of the E Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
28 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

I wouldn't take the Met office as gospel 

Netweather is showing 95% chance of snow in Brighton on Monday AND Tuesday!

But I wouldn't take Netweather forecast as gospel either 

Edit: It was the wrong Brighton. The coastal Brighton shows 95% chance of snow for just Tuesday

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1