Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/datmdlout.aspx    72  hr

nice  to see the bbc  on board  now    the bbc tuesday   but the gfs  says  monday     if the models  are right   town, airports will be shut and cut off by the end of  the  next friday gets here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I think by day 8 most of us with jobs and social lives will welcome the milder breakdown 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I think by day 8 most of us with jobs and social lives will welcome the milder breakdown 

You're not wrong. I've got a funeral next Friday and a all night party on the Saturday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

-4c on the commute this morning , was -1 in Cambridgeshire but -4 by the time I got to Milton Keynes.

Posted

Is anyone else still worried that they will miss the snow? I know the setup leaves us in a perfect position but still...

Posted
14 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Highly likely that will be an Amber soon. Also once we get closer I strongly suspect the warnings will get pushed westwards when there is higher confidence on any streamers exact tracks.

Thanks for your insight kold, I always seem to be just on the cusp of the action. Fingers crossed the showers reach me here near Guildford. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
23 minutes ago, snoangel said:

Never seen a yellow warning saying rural locations could be cut off and cars stranded! That’s gonna be upgraded to a red warning surely?

:yahoo:

B165B6F7-44A9-43E6-8B64-BFB96B134544.png

I think the yellow warnings do always say that to be fair. But getting one so far in advance is unusual, I think, and suggests it could well be upgraded nearer the time.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kate1 said:

I think the yellow warnings do always say that to be fair. But getting one so far in advance is unusual, I think, and suggests it could well be upgraded nearer the time.

Taken from Met Office site:

What the colours mean

• Yellow:  Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.  
  • Amber: There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office
  • Red: Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
  • Like 4

Posted

So the weather warnings start on bbc site (from met office), but the weather on there graphics shows sunny and one snow flake.  It’s like there using two sources of information? Oh just a minute they are ! 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, stotm said:

So the weather warnings start on bbc site (from met office), but the weather on there graphics shows sunny and one snow flake.  It’s like there using two sources of information? Oh just a minute they are ! 

This could be a farcical situation and embarrassment for someone.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!
30 minutes ago, snoangel said:

Never seen a yellow warning saying rural locations could be cut off and cars stranded! That’s gonna be upgraded to a red warning surely?

The way they have worded that makes it seem like it should be at least Amber! Sounds like they are fearing the worst! ☺

Posted
35 minutes ago, snoangel said:

Look at poor Brighton ?

Posted

I'm not due back to work until next Thursday, got a feeling I'll be attending my local office rather than my own as I won't risk driving on the M20 after last weeks issue when a load of cars crashed due a dusting of snow.

I've warned everyone that I'm off to the supermarket to strip the shelves today and they think I'm mad and said the weather won't be a problem. Oh well the next couple of days will tell and hopefully I can say 'Told you so!'. :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Craig Smith said:

Is anyone else still worried that they will miss the snow? I know the setup leaves us in a perfect position but still...

Yep!

Posted

Had to screenshot this. Still had Reykjavik saved on my METO app from my recent trip. Puts next week in perspective 

664CD059-6F29-41C8-B829-88845D808835.png

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1

Posted

Never seen warnings issued for an event 4 days away. This will get upgraded to an amber before monday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Latest BBC forecast " possible snow showers next week"  Wish they would get together and jump on the snowmagedon bandwagon.

Posted
16 minutes ago, k66yla said:

I'm not due back to work until next Thursday, got a feeling I'll be attending my local office rather than my own as I won't risk driving on the M20 after last weeks issue when a load of cars crashed due a dusting of snow.

I've warned everyone that I'm off to the supermarket to strip the shelves today and they think I'm mad and said the weather won't be a problem. Oh well the next couple of days will tell and hopefully I can say 'Told you so!'. :rofl:

Tried editing my post but it weren't having it. Just thought I'd add that Argos have Travel Snow Shovels in their clearance section reduced to £4.99 and winter salt for £2.99. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
59 minutes ago, snoangel said:

That line that runs pretty vertically down from London to Brighton - I'm about 3miles west of it!!!!! Noooooo!!!! Lets hope the blob extends westwards and turns orange!!!!x