Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Afternoon all,

i haven’t posted in a long time but I’ve been reading the mad thread for a while now and I’m super excited about what is in store for us (hopefully) next week! ❄️❄️❄️ We haven’t seen any snow on the ground since 2013 here in Sunny Faversham and even then, it was so poor I just about managed to scrape together a 6inch snowman with raisins for eyes and buttons ? before that it was 2010. So although some parts of Kent have indeed seen laying snow, some of us are starved! 1000000000% ready for lamppost watching and spending hours gazing out the window ? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
16 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm having a BBQ Tuesday afternoon, garden furniture is out ready and waiting, hoping for a mild, sunny day:good::drunk-emoji:

a98a16cf-fa7d-42cd-9cac-0f8ad1d98dfc_560

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

I’m officially excited! Massive shop done today and we are ready..... thank you to everyone here for all the explanations and deciphering of the charts the last few days. 

Bring on the snow!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, High Altitude said:

What are the chances of exceeding a forecast like this, one of my all time favourites.......

Just doesn't seem possible anymore after the past winters during past few years :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Ooooooooooh really, am I invited Lassie?:)

What are you going to be BBQing, anything nice?

pheasant with bounty for pudding :good: yes you're invited

3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

a98a16cf-fa7d-42cd-9cac-0f8ad1d98dfc_560

lol love it, spat my dinner out laughing at that:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Tilly said:

Afternoon all,

i haven’t posted in a long time but I’ve been reading the mad thread for a while now and I’m super excited about what is in store for us (hopefully) next week! ❄️❄️❄️ We haven’t seen any snow on the ground since 2013 here in Sunny Faversham and even then, it was so poor I just about managed to scrape together a 6inch snowman with raisins for eyes and buttons ? before that it was 2010. So although some parts of Kent have indeed seen laying snow, some of us are starved! 1000000000% ready for lamppost watching and spending hours gazing out the window ? 

welcome back tilly

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
8 minutes ago, High Altitude said:

What are the chances of exceeding a forecast like this, one of my all time favourites.......

I love that pause before”......it’s er all downhill from here. Classic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
17 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Is that an actual picture from today???

No thats a special picture of the future......this time next week!:rofl:

Posted

hi everone , im completely new to this but love snow just as i feel most people on this forum seem to , does anybody khow likely north kent in particular medway is to get at least some snow as we seem to miss out everytime 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

No thats a special picture of the future......this time next week!:rofl:

Oh thank goodness I need to do mine yet so I started to panic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Met Office really talking this up now:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
10 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

I love that pause before”......it’s er all downhill from here. Classic.

Yes, what a great forecaster he was/is.. I always watched his forecasts because he provided analysis in layman's terms - made it really interesting and was a catalyst for my interest in meteorology

• Like 4

Posted

I'm so excited about this cold spell i bought a weather station and linked it to the Met Office WOW site!!!!

Dew point already dropped to -2.9... guessing it will be spending a lot of time in negative figures over the next couple of weeks!

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/observations/details?site_id=ef30a420-c514-e811-90ce-0003ff59a722

:cold::yahoo:

Edited by snoangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
16 minutes ago, lovesnow said:

hi everone , im completely new to this but love snow just as i feel most people on this forum seem to , does anybody khow likely north kent in particular medway is to get at least some snow as we seem to miss out everytime 

Welcome.:)

Yes Medway and T. Wells will do well out of this......I think.:cc_confused:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I know I know. I shouldn't be looking at the forecasts atm but Bedford is Dry all week so I don't know to either do a little dance because I will have a snow free walk to school or wondering if i'm going to miss out on all the fun.

oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm just happy about having no mud for a few days - clean dogs hurrah! Tbh we've had E'lys. NE'lys. ESE'lys  and every other kind of 'ly historically, only one of which ever delivered what I would call "significant" snow. Yep, good old January 1987...our first winter in Norfolk and we thought good grief, is that what it's like every year? Never repeated... :nonono: The downside of significant snow is that the mud reappears pretty rapidly unless we have nice drying winds for a couple of weeks (and no rainfall)....

• Like 1

Posted

Even some of the global models are hinting at a streamer...at 96hrs away. Bare in mind the 09 streamer didn't really get noticed until about 36hrs out and even then only really by high resolution models.

The fact the globals are seeing this suggests the anything that does develop may well be very intense in nature. I've been reluctant to think of figures as much depends on the exact direction of the wind, but given the time and depth of cold, 6-12 inches quite widely seem possible, some could jackpot more...

If you are north of the thames then you need more of a ESE flow. Probably by Wednesday if the easterly is still going it will have destabilised to such an extent I'm guessing troughs and general spells of snow will emerge anyway.