Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, TN9 said:

No.. No..dont...in the olden days people who tried to forecast anything were seers or oracle's or wizards and witches.. Loved or condemned... Nothing changes really :diablo::cc_confused: :pardon:

I did this morning and receivrd a warning lol

Posted
11 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Every run that comes up shows hardly any snow for the SE but plenty further north....really starting to get on my nerves! Troughs, lows, convective activity the lot just not down here! Come on surely its those in the SE turn 

My friend do not worry will come diwn to now casting

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Think we all our own little input... be it big or small :( 

Always look forward to your input lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
13 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Every run that comes up shows hardly any snow for the SE but plenty further north....really starting to get on my nerves! Troughs, lows, convective activity the lot just not down here! Come on surely its those in the SE turn 

I don’t think it will become clearer if/where and how much it’s going to snow until Sunday say, in which case there’s another 30ish runs to go from the “big three” until then.

You can also be pretty sure each one will different from the last!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Wish me luck i am going into the imbyism thread

Was nice knowing you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

People worrying about the precip charts and looking at the radar right now is a perfect example of why not to bother with them. I'm sure they weren't showing anything for tonight. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lawrenk said:

Was nice knowing you.

I ducked out after seeing 2 pagrs of drivel.... oh thi that oh i am in mood to say oh go away.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
20 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Not sure where you are getting this from - the MetO forecast shows heavy snow on and off for my location (West Kent) from Monday evening onwards, and this appears to be supported by the model runs too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Nice chilly easterly wind today,hopefully we'll get buried sunday onwards,we deserve a good few snow days/events,all for us below the m4 corridor,and rain for those above it,see how they like it,ha ha ha

Posted

Notice tonight how instability is already coming of the north sea as evident with light flurries, just goes to show how much more we will get with a lot lower temperatures on the weekend and next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

This is a good read:

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/8752-the-beast-from-the-east-cometh

..watch out for those snow showers that develop as the cold passes over the english channel/north sea next week.. get the cold in and watch the convection

Also check Met office website: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/ + their facebook/twitter pages... so much better than the BBC since they went with seaweed inspired meteogrupels !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

OMG, I said I would not post until after Thursdays runs, are we were clear yet?:good:

I want scenes like these next week in SE London......am I dreaming?:yahoo::cold:

(Not sure about the sheep though, could do roast Lamb though I guess if one gets lost in the snow and ends up in my back yard:laugh:)

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

DRbtF2mWkAEfKPj.jpg

Posted

Confirmed.....Today's GFS 12z & 18z are outliers......With my trained eye I knew there was something wrong with both outputs....ECM Ensembles go for rigid cold & have ignored GFS on their graph :cold::D:yahoo:

Edited by yamkin

Posted

The BBC are still winding me up with their temperature predictions. The local forecast at 1040 had a max of 4 for Sunday and the national folowing on had 5 for London on Sunday. The met office is going for a full 2 degrees colder!!!!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Notice tonight how instability is already coming of the north sea as evident with light flurries, just goes to show how much more we will get with a lot lower temperatures on the weekend and next week.

Yep amazing really with the opposing deeply favourable ingredients from Sunday... :) 

2A6D9646-5DA3-4BC6-B097-9B05E741D165.thumb.png.7566221df2cfbf0c8a80ab7da4850997.png5E2447F4-ED1E-4AC3-8D8E-949325FABBB8.thumb.gif.987aa1320761f789e002d594c5da2823.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
10 minutes ago, snowblind said:

The BBC are still winding me up with their temperature predictions. The local forecast at 1040 had a max of 4 for Sunday and the national folowing on had 5 for London on Sunday. The met office is going for a full 2 degrees colder!!!!

Its their job to lie about everything these days though.......Isn't it?:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mrkipling said:

image.thumb.png.a516e6e5b83f3d136796743123d7645f.png

we have red on the map already and it's only wedneday!

Thats amazzziiinngggg!

:cold::cold::cold:

I'm getting all excited already!!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1