Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Paul,

And no polystyrene balls, this time!!:D

Regards,

Tom.

Yh

Unfortunately that was down to an Inversion over the Coast of Essex and Suffolk which thankfully this time surely cannot be there for 4-5 days. Remember that 2009 spell and Red Warning was only really for 36 hours. It was gut wrenching though seeing the Radar blips showing heavy snow and nothing but Polystyrene balls falling and blowing away. As the Cloud Tops moved West South West the Cb's gained even more height rising to 35,000ft over London and punching through the Inversion which was sitting at 15-20,000ft stunting the growth on the Coast.

Thats why we love the weather, fascinating things like that happening

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
11 minutes ago, EWS said:

I had an MRI at Sidcup, Tom - they gave me a folder with a list of music so that I could choose what I wanted to listen to inside the scanner! All the best for next Wed, as you say, I have  feeling your journey might take a lottle longer that it did this week. :unsure2:

Thanks for your kind words EWS but unusually it's on this Sunday morning, not Weds. My sister used to work for the company, that conduct these scans, when she worked at the Sloane hospital, in Beckenham. Evidently, it's quite common to have scans, on a Sunday now.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Mon into Tuesday mornings snow?

Pretty much yes, this looks to be the first organised band in this upcoming easterly. Hopefully the TV forecasts might begin to pick this up from tomorrow as it would be within forecasting range for them.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

What you thinking Paul. I like the look of Tues-Thu at the moment?....Nice flow, very good uppers, hopefully some nice convection firing up.

If I was being conservative.

Sat and Sun light flurries with nothing really to worry about accumalation wise. As you say Mon to Thursday should see the decent powder and with 1:3 ratios even showers dumping 2mm at a time will let 6cm of Snow fall in a small timeframe.

I really cant see streamers favouring spots this time with a real rash of showers marching westwards all over East Anglia and SE England

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

So as far as I can tell, according to the MAD thread over the last 24 hours . . .

It's going to get very cold, from the East, but maybe not as it heads to France, but it won't so it's ok, (but might not be)

Then it's going to cover the south east in "s of snow, but if you live up north then the Easterly looks dry for those down south and -8 uppers aren't good enough for snow, even with stupidly low DP's and a warm ocean track to aid convection, just won't happen.

The 2nd SSW is having an IMMEDIATE effect on the next few days actual weather, even though the initial (record breaking) SSW took a couple of weeks to deliver (even though it hasn't yet, but it will, or maybe not but it could etc)

Each model run is an upgrade/downgrade depending on your location and toys are ejected with immense force from prams if ANYONE dare say anything you don't like or point out that your 3' of snow is now 25 mins of drizzle with temps of +7 and hazy sunshine................... until the next run!

But I think we will get this

6ac22ad76644748ee8257615cb043d6c.thumb.jpg.d94adcf2fea30fb7272252c221fb15cf.jpgsnowmageddon_05.thumb.jpg.eb85424e53218c50bf7aee9249a51591.jpg

and then I will build this! castle-graygloo-1.thumb.jpg.a16d520b07a5431259987f64ddfbf81a.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, username home said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6058560

odd stuff going in there ^^^

snow tomorrow and Sunday starting off at 11c!!

I think the MAD thread have taken control of BBC Weather considering how up and down that forecast is. :D

Edited by saint

Posted

I’m so close to telling people about the possibility that maybe perhaps something might just potentially happen next week. Apart from it being freezing cold. I already told them that :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, username home said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6058560

odd stuff going in there ^^^

snow tomorrow and Sunday starting off at 11c!!

Good job its for London Ontario and not the Uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
1 hour ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m little ( short) so can I ask ? 

I am too!  My hubby say's I'm knee high to a fag butt!  (cheeky sod) xx

Posted
1 hour ago, warrenb said:

Just about to set off an Imby bomb in the MAD

No.. No..dont...in the olden days people who tried to forecast anything were seers or oracle's or wizards and witches.. Loved or condemned... Nothing changes really :diablo::cc_confused: :pardon:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

:)

fax120s.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Wow, what an ECM run that was. Really loving that t144 chart, for midday Tuesday, lots of kinky isobars!!

Agree with Steve M. if that run came to fruition, would expect snow showers, to start moving westward, later on Sunday and becoming heavier, overnight.

Hope any snow, holds off, until Sunday evening, as I have a hospital appt, at Queen Marys', Sidcup, for an MRI brain scan. This is to investigate, episodic neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Saw a Neurologist at the PRU (Bromley), she didn't seemed overly concerned. She thought it maybe nerve damage. a legacy of  a brain haemorrhage/stroke (Quite common, after this type of brain trauma, evidently), I suffered in Sept.2015, or scar tissue, after a surgeon tore the ventricle, on the left hand side of my brain, after surgery, to remove a drain. I'm not overly concerned, either!

The model runs, look pretty good for our area and from an IMBY viewpoint, if those 850s are correct and the flow can align, to the ENE, we must have a fair shout, at a Thames Streamer. Anyway, I'm getting ahead, of myself, now.

Whatever, comes to pass, it's certainly been a fascinating period, of model watching!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Nothing like a 'Kinky Isobar' :D Just hoping we have an epic event! Hope you are okay. x

Posted
8 minutes ago, TN9 said:

No.. No..dont...in the olden days people who tried to forecast anything were seers or oracle's or wizards and witches.. Loved or condemned... Nothing changes really :diablo::cc_confused: :pardon:

At least these days, we don't get burn't at the stake! :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, saint said:

I think the MAD thread have taken control of BBC Weather considering how up and down that forecast is. :D

tell me about watched our local BBC weather  to-night they were having nothing to do with it no mention of snow,and just a easterly , im utterly confused !! if the  BBC know something we  don't all are they doing the  mr  fish  thing just dare not get  it wrong  ,or not to say their is snow  coming to cause mass  panic  in the supermarkets  her indoors think im going daft then looks  at the weather  and say whats the  fuss nothing there!

• Like 1

Posted

Scanning the thread waiting or hoping to see a post from BFTP or Steve Murr. ! Everything else is ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I doubt there will be forecasted snow until the weekend because it can go wrong (with showers anyway) at such short notice. Maybe Sunday they will start mentioning it in the forecasts more.

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Thanks for your kind words EWS but unusually it's on this Sunday morning, not Weds. My sister used to work for the company, that conduct these scans, when she worked at the Sloane hospital, in Beckenham. Evidently, it's quite common to have scans, on a Sunday now.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

I think mine was on a Sunday come to think of it - it was at Queen Mary's but a private company were operating the MRIs. Yes, I completely mid-read your post, so luckily Sunday should be no probs weather-wise for you (only stupidly cold!). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Me, next week

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

i get in the morning and sea what the pub run is like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Every run that comes up shows hardly any snow for the SE but plenty further north....really starting to get on my nerves! Troughs, lows, convective activity the lot just not down here! Come on surely its those in the SE turn