Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
26 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

oh my seagull is an adult, the baby is a pigeon.

how did a seagull make a pigeon:cc_confused:

26 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

Awww.  I have 12 year old cats, I still call them my babies.  

12, i have one and can just about cope lol, do you have a three legged cat with a bounty bar stuck to its head by any chance.

• Like 1

Pottential there for snow showers to start hitting us from Friday. 

I wonder if the Met Office will change their forcast tomorrow. 

Oh my days what a drama. I need to get some sleep tonight I think  look forward to continuing the rollercoaster ride tomorrow. 

All the best everyone stay safe and hey heads up game is still there for now, 

take care night night 

????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
3 hours ago, Sidsnake said:

I've panic bought hay!!!!! 

Lol me too!! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Paul what if it isn’t actually drunk and giving us some sober runs!!!!!!!

For the time of year if correct it could be record breaking, even the Dec 62 to March 63 winter was waning towards the end of February.

We shall see the next 4-5 days are going to be compelling viewing!

Posted
34 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

GFS absolutely hammered tonight - I reckon its drunk the bar dry with that run

Not at all so many stonkers in GEFS in fact it’s a little slow in getting cold looking at mean and I thought it was progressive. If GFS is hammered then the whole suite is too. :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes
1 hour ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Paul what if it isn’t actually drunk and giving us some sober runs!!!!!!!

The 18z is always drunk

Edited by Chris D

Posted
14 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Awesome looking runs for us lot this morning ,the gem would have much of our region buried in snow 

So would GFS it’s increadible, persistent snowfall starts in our region on Sunday. :yahoo::oops:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

So would GFS it’s increadible, persistent snowfall starts in our region on Sunday. :yahoo::oops:

It would be fantastic- something we'd talk about for years to come - it would go down in snowlore!

Incredible charts this morning, I don't think I have ever seen such cold charts churned out with consistency like we are seeing. The building blocks for our cold are actually getting going right this minute... 

By Wednesday we begin to drawn in am easterly wind, that is well within the reliable now. Although slack and not very cold we should start to see the odd snow flurry etc in the run up to the weekend. 

By Sunday (some models vary on this bit) very cold air is marching in over us, and this will probably mark the start of the much heavier snow and real cold. 

This bit though is up for debate, if we are still seeing the charts we are seeing now Thursday morning, then we really will be in the money 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

yep from about 150 -350 hr just seen the weather on bbc still not going past friday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
35 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Awesome looking runs for us lot this morning ,the gem would have much of our region buried in snow 

Indeed, although pure eye candy at the moment.

If the charts still show the same come Thursday/Friday then I shall definitely dust of the sledge. 

As the GEFS show a southward shift sees the core of snowy weather head into France. We don’t want that. 

To add a touch of realism - if anyone needs reminding/shown how we still have plenty of time for this to go belly up. Then breath and say “February 2012” Lol 

Fingers & toes crossed these stunning charts are still there come Friday. Until then... it’s all fun :)

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Indeed, although pure eye candy at the moment.

If the charts still show the same come Thursday/Friday then I shall definitely dust of the sledge. 

As the GEFS show a southward shift sees the core of snowy weather head into France. We don’t want that. 

To add a touch of realism - if anyone needs reminding/shown how we still have plenty of time for this to go belly up. Then breath and say “February 2012” Lol 

Fingers & toes crossed these stunning charts are still there come Friday. Until then... it’s all fun :)

You didn’t check it really did you? Going by CC? :p 

Fab mean for our region, very snowy and notably cold.

B795C19B-75FE-4FA7-A545-84690287258B.thumb.png.f42c49ee73d68356b9ad7ce5cfa8a076.png 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

You didn’t check it really did you? Going by CC? :p 

Fab mean for our region, very snowy and notably cold.

B795C19B-75FE-4FA7-A545-84690287258B.thumb.png.f42c49ee73d68356b9ad7ce5cfa8a076.png 

Lovely chart - 8 days away. 

Well I checked it through CC. It’s irrelevant how I checked it, it shows a push south. 

It’s also good to highlight the possibilities  of how this could go wrong as well as keep posting Narnia charts in fantasy land, to keep the balance. As well as prevent ones sanity from losing it... lol 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Just for fun I just ran the gfs snow risk for the South East and as from next Sunday it shows a week of snow. If that were true the South East will be crippled transport wise which could also mean supplies to shops and supermarkets being compromised. Could this be true?

• Like 1

Posted

Ben i agree witg your caution and realism and i hsve been doing the same believe me and yes its been at fantasy island for what seems like an age. This however has a different feel to it. All the near misses before didnt have an ssw of record breaking preportions. Now i dont kid to know what i am talking about. But the speed and reversal of winds has never been seen before. 

I will hold my breath for one more day but i do believe we are on the cusp of something monumental. 

• Like 3

Posted

ECM delays cold. Cold uppers way out east on this run come Sunday. 

Days 9 onwards will be good no doubt. Surprise surprise....  

• Like 1

Posted

I would agree with you but its not thr form horse on this one the ssw has been interpreted better by exeter. Ukmo has been out on its own for days. 

Posted

I’m doing list of things I need to do before the freeze arrives,all weather related of course :)

Going to wait another 24 hours just in case the ECM is on the correct path,even though it’s been performing rubbish this winter.

Met are still onboard so fingers crossed:)

P.S where  is SM thought he going ballistic with what the models are showing,but he seems to have stopped posting,strange.

Posted
15 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

I’m doing list of things I need to do before the freeze arrives,all weather related of course :)

Going to wait another 24 hours just in case the ECM is on the correct path,even though it’s been performing rubbish this winter.

Met are still onboard so fingers crossed:)

P.S where  is SM thought he going ballistic with what the models are showing,but he seems to have stopped posting,strange.

He’s on a boozy break out of the country.  He still posts on the Mod thread in between rounds. Back on Saturday subject to snow conditions at Gatwick!

mind you, he might be back earlier, he mentioned something about his wallet was getting lighter.

Edited by Sharpedge