Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

Yes the nhs is underfunded. And money is really needed. I’m under going cancer treatment. But I count myself lucky that I have a roof over my head and food whenever I feel hungry and the amenities to make a nice hot drink.  I think in so many years to come the nhs will no longer be an option with regards as free unless more funding goes into it. I was bought up to always consider others  that are worse off and it how I have taught my own children. I buy the big issue as it goes to the homeless every little bit helps here and there. I donate on a monthly dad to great ormand street for Children And magpas air ambulance. 

I agree with you. I hope you come out of your treatment cancer-free very soon, and you’re not suffering? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Hello folks, from the highlands. First walk out today, hard work loads of really soft wet snow above 800m which we all had to wade through at times up to our backsides! Lovely views though. Hoping the (almost definitely?!) incoming snow next week holds off until I’m back safe and sound next Saturday! 

370CBC02-C9DF-4AD3-81C0-A2D5850AC35B.jpeg

0057FD3F-B7FC-4EAB-A8BA-C475E5335DE0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluebell said:

Hello folks, from the highlands. First walk out today, hard work loads of really soft wet snow above 800m which we all had to wade through at times up to our backsides! Lovely views though. Hoping the (almost definitely?!) incoming snow next week holds off until I’m back safe and sound next Saturday! 

370CBC02-C9DF-4AD3-81C0-A2D5850AC35B.jpeg

0057FD3F-B7FC-4EAB-A8BA-C475E5335DE0.jpeg

Your there ! How is it all going pics look fab ! And will you be back in time for snowmageddon lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I wish people would stop taking apps/computer generated forecasts seriously, they're utterly useless

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

whats wrong with apps? i actually find some of them to be quite accurate. no weather forecast will be 100% look at the chopping and changing of the models, 

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

We're desperate for a loving Jeremy Corbyn government it's so overdue

Apologies for continuing off piste but it seems hypocritical to selfishly wish for a cold spell that will cause suffering to the homeless and those in fuel poverty whilst simultaneously extolling the virtues of JC on the basis he will do more for the have-nots....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

whats wrong with apps? i actually find some of them to be quite accurate. no weather forecast will be 100% look at the chopping and changing of the models, 

Couldn’t agree more ... so what do the pros use ? Hmmm don’t they look at charts on computers lol 

Posted

You're right, the Met Office are all sitting around their weather apps deciding what to forecast, silly me.

Weather apps use a single model, theres a biggg difference between looking at 1 model and going "yup that'll do" and looking at 5-6 different models and ensembles and then putting together a forecast based on all of them, human input is what makes the difference between "looking at a chart" and an app giving you predictions which change whenever the model updates.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
10 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Your there ! How is it all going pics look fab ! And will you be back in time for snowmageddon lol 

Thanks ?Loving it, totally tatered we left at 930 and got back at 530 just before it got dark! Recovering with a G&T. Hoping the temp drops to freeze the snow it’s a lot easier to tramp across the top of it then! 

• Like 1

Posted

ECM kicks us where it hurts -13C uppers reach SE and it is capped somewhat by high pressure and then slips south. I’m hoping this has minority support or I’ll hit the bottle. :D 

F3CDFF10-064A-41B6-BE5D-FEE6F9498AB2.thumb.png.4315f9c70f6875c9b4a217c18775817e.png250ABDB5-5DDB-4591-A7C9-7B0268C034B9.thumb.png.6f470419e6ca71e119af7a4916ec49a4.png

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

ECM kicks us where it hurts -13C uppers reach SE and it is capped somewhat by high pressure and then slips south. I’m hoping this has minority support or I’ll hit the bottle. :D 

F3CDFF10-064A-41B6-BE5D-FEE6F9498AB2.thumb.png.4315f9c70f6875c9b4a217c18775817e.png250ABDB5-5DDB-4591-A7C9-7B0268C034B9.thumb.png.6f470419e6ca71e119af7a4916ec49a4.png

I'll get the tequila in, we might need it if all the models suddenly flip to this idea..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
34 minutes ago, Dami said:

bring it on i just brought spring stuffs.

What’s ‘a la mode’ this Spring? Wouldn’t put the thermals away just yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

looks like the cold spell is over before it's began lol

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it's started going pear shaped in the MOD thread:shok:

No it’s just jealous northerners who can’t deal with the South and East being in the bullseye for once!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Awaiting Countryfile Weather with large glass in hand!!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I wish people would stop taking apps/computer generated forecasts seriously, they're utterly useless

A bit like the models then beyond 3 days? :)

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Quite plausible. Big shame if it happens! Though it’s just one run showing this.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're right, the Met Office are all sitting around their weather apps deciding what to forecast, silly me.

Weather apps use a single model, theres a biggg difference between looking at 1 model and going "yup that'll do" and looking at 5-6 different models and ensembles and then putting together a forecast based on all of them, human input is what makes the difference between "looking at a chart" and an app giving you predictions which change whenever the model updates.

Sarcasm aside .... your telling me

they don’t use computing systems? 

Us whom haven’t got to grips with the charts rely on our apps ... or the tv ... or come on here .. wouldn’t it have been better to explain to us ? Rather than just spout off that they are rubbish ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Sidsnake said:

Awaiting Countryfile Weather with large glass in hand!!!! 

yes always best to watch that forecast hissed

Posted
Just now, seb said:

No it’s just jealous northerners who can’t deal with the South and East being in the bullseye for once!

Agreed it was quite mystifying... I don’t know why you would begrudge us, we have seen little compared to up north we have seen bare minimum for five years now, in London and surrounding counties.   

• Like 1