Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
46 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

no sign of it, hopefully it is okay

I know people will disagree, but who lets out a 3 legged cat out in the middle of London? We live near a busy road that already has claimed a neighbours cat and broke the leg of another.  I understand people think it's cruel to make them stay in doors, but honestly sometimes cruel to be kind? Poor thing I hope its ok too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Dami said:

I know people will disagree, but who lets out a 3 legged cat out in the middle of London? We live near a busy road that already has claimed a neighbours cat and broke the leg of another.  I understand people think it's cruel to make them stay in doors, but honestly sometimes cruel to be kind? Poor thing I hope its ok too.

I would keep the cat indoors too, it  was very jumpy and distressed, obviously new to the area.

Posted
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

Wowww when was that forcast !!! Is it today's ? I nearly fell off my chair when I just saw the picture look at the snow over us. 

Oh my days that looks good hope it is the latest chart. 

??

Today's long range on bbc. He did say not sure yet so don't take as gospel !! ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The latest GFS run is absolutely crap for our area.. Don't want cold weather in March if it doesn't produce snow:bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
Just now, lassie23 said:

I would keep the cat indoors too, it  was very jumpy and distressed, obviously new to the area.

Without wanting to sound controversial, I would keep all cats indoors period. Their a menace to our native wildlife and are a big factor in the decline in our bird population. That said I hope the cat is well and I’m sure it will be as their a hardy bunch. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Without wanting to sound controversial, I would keep all cats indoors period. Their a menace to our native wildlife and are a big factor in the decline in our bird population. That said I hope the cat is well and I’m sure it will be as their a hardy bunch. 

yes they do kill for fun, well my cat does, I try and keep my cat indoors as much as possible because of this.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, shotski said:

Yeah, they're good for getting rid of mice.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dami said:

i agree

7 minutes ago, Redmc13 said:

Today's long range on bbc. He did say not sure yet so don't take as gospel !! ???

They have been saying that nearly all week there is still so much uncertainty on this situation probably still many twists and turns to come. 

I am really feeling the exhaustion of model watching and cold chasing lol ?. Seems like itself cold keeps gets shunted further in time. Let's hope this winter will go out proving it can still do the good deeds. 

I have not been on The MOD thread all day today just promised myself I will stay on my regional thread and hope for the best, 

regards ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

yes they do kill for fun, well my cat does, I try and keep my cat indoors as much as possible because of this.

I’m not a cat person , don’t not like them but think they are very selfish animals ... dogs on the other hand are very loyal ... specially boxers and bulldogs ... and cats are just doing their job aren’t they by being wild and free to play cat n mouse :) 

Edited by Snowflake Queen
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m not a cat person , don’t not like them but think they are very selfish animals ... dogs on the other hand are very loyal ... specially boxers and bulldogs ... and cats are just doing their job aren’t they by being wild and free to play cat n mouse :) 

Maybe they can do their job in their native country ? 

why not let some tigers out for good measure. ?

Posted

I did not feel no earthquake today despite it being registered even in the SE much of England registered it! Great day on the Sussex coast, chilly and blue skies been very good for weather since Friday here.

Posted
36 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

The latest GFS run is absolutely crap for our area.. Don't want cold weather in March if it doesn't produce snow:bad:

Models are still getting to grips with the SSW influence

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Models are still getting to grips with the SSW influence

That's true completely agree I still think there is going to be a few twists and turns. The Metoffice are still broadcasting with uncertainty and they use super computers so I am not surprised at the models. 

This episode is far from solved yet and I am afraid it's just the waiting game, seems to be going on and on. Spring is round the corner so we will know sooner than later if this all pans out. 

Fingers still crossed stay together people 

regards ?

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I'm not an animal person, especially indoors. We grew up with several cats and 3 dogs and didn't enjoy picking up their s**t side of things - plus they smell. 

Posted
34 minutes ago, shotski said:

Maybe they can do their job in their native country ? 

why not let some tigers out for good measure. ?

that's a good idea to get rid of the drunks and chavs outside my local shops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, shotski said:

My late cat was a fabulous rat killer. He’d bring one in every few weeks as a ‘gift’, some were massive. Had to keep him in for 3 weeks after an op....no chance, within 4 days he was smashing the house up, knocking everything off shelves, bookcases, etc. So had to let him out. He came back though and was the most loyal, chatty and cuddly pet I’ve ever had. All my friends and family just loved him. I still miss him, 4 years on.

Hope the 3 legged cat is ok.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

My late cat was a fabulous rat killer. He’d bring one in every few weeks as a ‘gift’, some were massive. Had to keep him in for 3 weeks after an op....no chance, within 4 days he was smashing the house up, knocking everything off shelves, bookcases, etc. So had to let him out. He came back though and was the most loyal, chatty and cuddly pet I’ve ever had. Still miss him!

Each to their own mate ?

i prefer our indigenous wildlife. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

My late cat was a fabulous rat killer. He’d bring one in every few weeks as a ‘gift’, some were massive. Had to keep him in for 3 weeks after an op....no chance, within 4 days he was smashing the house up, knocking everything off shelves, bookcases, etc. So had to let him out. He came back though and was the most loyal, chatty and cuddly pet I’ve ever had. Still miss him!

That's how they behave if you don't castrate them..

I prefer cats (once they're castrated) My parents have a cat and she's quite touchy feely with me - as soon as I sit down, she'll jump on me rubbing up on me and start clawing my clothes.:blink2:

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Who do you support mate? Palace?

I used to.. I still do as it's my local, but my favourite team is Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1