Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

everyone who is panicking check the met office update sticking to there guns still despite everything being thrown in the mad thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
50 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

I feel we really need a chance to dry out around here. Walks in the park with the dog continue to be a mud bath for walker and walkee, so days like today are very welcome. I am happy to have a beasterly (would love it in fact), but as others have said, if it turns into 2 degrees and raining, well, can we stick to what we have today instead as a very acceptable runner up, or perhaps even the outcome of choice. 

Totally agree with you. The ground here is waterlogged in many areas and very muddy. Could do with a dry week or two, weather like today would be lovely. We haven’t seen much high pressure influence for months now, it’s about time. A week long freeze with loads of snow would be acceptable too, of course:D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

The media is going crazy over the ssw, I’m sure if anything does happen it will be another beautiful pasting for up north again and rain and gales for us down here. On to today. Today has been beautiful probably one of the best days of winter, still on the chillyish side 10degrees. It’s not cold but you can still feel that bite in the air.My kids saw the sun and have been out playing nearly all day on bikes and with their balls. My kids aren’t your regular in door species they love the outside roaming the urban jungle :D

what are they saying in the media about the SSW, i've seen flies today......spring has sprung

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

everyone who is panicking check the met office update sticking to there guns still despite everything being thrown in the mad thread

Yes,could'nt agree more.Lets wait a day or two and see if Meto firms up on it.They seem confident though.

I ll always remember the mad thread in mid December 2010. It were about -3c outsde during the day,the SE was about to get a good dollop of snow( and we did for a cjange) and the rows and arguements in the mad thread were amazing.Quite sad imho.Hanging on every run,chart and 'background signal'!!Really?!?!!

Posted

Do yourselves a favour - just check the MetO summary 2-3 times a day and take it as gospel. Especially now with their new supercomputer, of which, most of the output is inaccessible to us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

if they can't guarantee snow a day before how do you believe it long range? I don't just get it. All the fuss over a computer output, which changes by the hour and by the day. 

Talking of the day its sunny and feels mild. It shall rain at 8:30am on Monday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

what are they saying in the media about the SSW, i've seen flies today......spring has sprung

I will see if I can find a few to post

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Dami said:

if they can't guarantee snow a day before how do you believe it long range? I don't just get it. All the fuss over a computer output, which changes by the hour and by the day. 

Talking of the day its sunny and feels mild. It shall rain at 8:30am on Monday.

How can you trust it’s going to rain at 8:30am as after all it’s a computer output that changes by the day and hour ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

If the high gets far enough then the beast will get unleashed on us. We pretty much have two options for next week now. Either the high doesn't get far enough north and we end up with a dry contimental feed, or it does and the deepest cold pool in years takes a direct hit for our region. There is a reason why disruptive snow has been mentioned for days.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

How can you trust it’s going to rain at 8:30am as after all it’s a computer output that changes by the day and hour ??

I never do. It's a guide. right? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

You found a few :rofl:

E16B064A-65E3-486E-B31D-7AA088DE5EA3.png

E08C756C-45B7-4BD3-817F-9A8546FA060D.png

93C7F89D-D9E7-4155-9731-FC3D593BAFF8.png

7D53D3B2-1504-4BF0-8352-F59E94B1FB2F.png

EB0665DE-DD95-4166-9543-E955B4D74A60.png

I love those headlines, so funny. Polar vortex lol. Will they ever try to learn.

Posted

And people will still believe it and still panic buy bread and milk or chips if you live here.

• Like 1

Posted

How does one brace oneself for a polar vortex?:D Is it like Sharknado? Snownado?

Smashing day at the allotment, half of it dug over, poly tunnel frame built, legs now hurt very much. Microlites and hot air balloons in the air above,  skylarks - wonderful sunny day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
Just now, Dami said:

And people will still believe it and still panic buy bread and milk or chips if you live here.

Yep and may be a good thing this time, however the facts would be better than sensationalist nonsense.

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep and may be a good thing this time, however the facts would be better than sensationalist nonsense.

yep. It's a knife edge i'm sure, but if it goes cold and even does snow, I haven't packed away the jumpers yet. 

Edited by Dami

Posted

The last week of Feb into March looks promising for snow :D

Will we be witnessing this soon :cold:

5a27c4947bbfb_SnowRamping.thumb.PNG.b23eab507d4d06f01bf59060b4c77a99.PNG

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I love those headlines, so funny. Polar vortex lol. Will they ever try to learn.

Usual suspects there. News orgs who cut journalists to the bone so knock out sensationalist stuff for clicks

Edited by SF-02

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
1 hour ago, Dami said:

It's a good time to buy shares in Salt..

For the chips that are going to be stockpiled:crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Right that's it. It's Friday, I've had a few glasses of wine and the ECM is saying -15 uppers in a week and a bits time. I am about to tell the family Narnia is on it's way.

Please feel feel free to blame me when it all goes t**s up.:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, lawrenk said:

Right that's it. It's Friday, I've had a few glasses of wine and the ECM is saying -15 uppers in a week and a bits time. I am about to tell the family Narnia is on it's way.

Please feel feel free to blame me when it all goes t**s up.:wallbash:

Go for it ?? this time its in the bag