Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
28 minutes ago, Thinon said:

Does anyone else miss those days where we could only check the forecast on tv/teletext, at which point it was more or less certain to happen?

8279512798_2d7f975dc8_b.jpg

lol the cfs ceefax forecasting system and ceefax output disscussion, no arguments i bet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Huge great splodgy snowflakes in amongst the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

sleet here, only rain was forecast, so quite surprising.

1 hour ago, Thinon said:

Does anyone else miss those days where we could only check the forecast on tv/teletext, at which point it was more or less certain to happen?

401 was the maps

402 was ???

403 was the next 2 days forecast in detail

405 was the 5 day max min temps for around the UK

sad :( I know !!

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

401 was the maps

402 was ???

403 was the next 2 days forecast in detail

405 was the 5 day max min temps for around the UK

sad :( I know !!

Oh those were the days     Look at those Temps !   i remember watching the Football on Teletext    Brilliant

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Oh those were the days     Look at those Temps !   i remember watching the Football on Teletext    Brilliant

I remember every morning first thing putting on the teletext for the news, that's where I was very early one Sunday morning, watching the teletext update when it came across that Princess Diana was dead.I went out very early to the paper shop hoping to get an edition of Saturdays paper as she had been on the cover and that's how I ended up with what must be quite a rare first edition of the Sunday paper which was immediately withdrawn, headline "Diana and Dodi Crash - Dodi dead, Diana breaks arm".

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

so was up early cos having boiler replaced. I don't normally care much for frost but with the icy blue sky, the lines of pink cloud and the white ground it was quite pretty. 

Also got a new spring dress and 12 roses. The man who came to do it put a sign on the door, I don't remember ever cooking for him :

badcooking.jpg

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Well, I've just mould treated the bedroom walls, for some reason there's a huge problem in there so it needs doing every 4 months or so, feeling a bit iffy from the chemicals so I've sat down with some water to watch the 12z models roll out. 

Horrible, miserable day out there.

Posted

402 was local wasn't it. I remember the great forecast for burns day storm as the phone wire was hanging on by a thread in 1990. trying to get home when they had cancelled all the buses because a bus blew over in croydone. not to mention the snow forecasts. But yes in the early years of www we had snow watch. which morphd into......... the MAD Thread

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi Steve what is your current view on our region next week. 

Would love to hear where we stand at present. 

Kind regards ?

50:50 at the mo as in cold early doors. Im desperate for it to hold off until sat -

The best ENS are the ones that land the deep cold Fri / Sat -- The early ones are nit so good for prolonged snow - however the GEM lands great all the way through-

My gut feeling UKMO / GEFS slow progression with Thurs onwards being the optimal time...

S

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

50:50 at the mo as in cold early doors. Im desperate for it to hold off until sat -

The best ENS are the ones that land the deep cold Fri / Sat -- The early ones are nit so good for prolonged snow - however the GEM lands great all the way through-

My gut feeling UKMO / GEFS slow progression with Thurs onwards being the optimal time...

S

Thanks for that update let's keep our fingers crossed hoping for ECM to jump on board. I still think caution is required the 18th should give us a better idea I reckon. 

Here in Walthamstow have only seen lying snow once in December. The metoffice update looks good for now. 

Lets hope this time next week we are jumping in excitement I hope. 

All the best 

kind regards ????

Posted
16 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

S

Just re-read Steve's post, initial reaction to the 50/50 was a bit worrying until I realised he was referring to next week, so assume that week after next will be better odds than 50/50?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Awful night. Wind howling rain smashing against the windows. Happy valentines night :friends::give_rose::air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

My word, how vile is it out there? Freezing, blowing a hoolie and chucking it down, again. Roll on Spring!!

• Like 2

Posted

That wind is crazy!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
On 13/02/2018 at 18:51, Ben Lewis said:

Evening all,

I don’t know about anyone else but viewing the 12s and reading the MOD thread I just can’t get excited over an easterly that’s 10-14 days away. I just can’t. Been here time and time again. 

If it’s there T48 then I’ll eat my words. But I bet it’s not... 

Raining here currently and looking forward to things drying out slightly from Thursday, dog walks and running have been rank. Wet sodden ground and bogged fields. 

And there we are one day on.. ECM/UKMO say no... let’s bring out the GEM and ramp that.... lol 

Quite astonishing the ramping and OTT posts on an potential easterly 14 days away... Only the MAD thread. 

Roll on spring..... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 hours ago, Thinon said:

Or good afternoon and welcome to weathercall, my parents had some nasty phone bills . I got barred from the weather phone lines.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
15 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

And there we are one day on.. ECM/UKMO say no... let’s bring out the GEM and ramp that.... lol 

Quite astonishing the ramping and OTT posts on an potential easterly 14 days away... Only the MAD thread. 

Roll on spring..... 

TBQH I'm going to take a punt and declare winter over, at least south of the Pennines.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Or good afternoon and welcome to weathercall, my parents had some nasty phone bills . I got barred from the weather phone lines.

I remember the weathercall times as well. Those were the days. We are now spoilt with so much technology advancement

• Like 1

Posted

41 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I got a disciplinary at work as I used to call it from there all the time. They started off by accusing me of calling sex lines ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
13 minutes ago, c00ps said:

I got a disciplinary at work as I used to call it from there all the time. They started off by accusing me of calling sex lines ?

??, my parents were asking me the same and even remember my mother even asking my dad if he was making some dodgy phone calls ?. I then owned up , however my mother still got the bill itemised.

Edit - OMG they still have it , 60p a minute too , surely no one still rings it in this day and age .

http://www.weathercall.co.uk/

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2