Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 hours ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Congratulations sir thank god Robin Red breast:D (i do have answers to every clue if anyone is interested lol)

Lovely sunrise here, frosty morning.....Hoping to see a bit of snow falling later on tonight.

:yahoo::yahoo:

I have to give a big shout out to alexis who assisted me in getting the answer:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely day here, wind finally calmed down, wall to wall no snow sunshine.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We'll one bonus is yesterday's hail has stayed around longer than the snow last week in sheltered areas out the sun:rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like springs comin' early after all going by direction of the last few runs !! 

To be honest, we've had a couple of minor dumps this year which is better than last year, so bring on spring I say! Up to 15 degrees by early-mid next week :D 

Still possible for a few short sharp shocks until April but chances of a major icy grip are diminishing/almost completely gone now I'd say. 

• Like 4

Posted
36 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Looks like springs comin' early after all going by direction of the last few runs !! 

To be honest, we've had a couple of minor dumps this year which is better than last year, so bring on spring I say! Up to 15 degrees by early-mid next week :D 

Still possible for a few short sharp shocks until April but chances of a major icy grip are diminishing/almost completely gone now I'd say.

I don’t know what planet you’re on but it’s not earth. :D 

The NWP is showing no sign of a spring burst of warmth. A very off post I must say. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still cold here with ice still evident in shady puddles.

Only 4.7 with dp of -0.7

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
3 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Would be surprised to see 15 degree but wouldn't rule out 10-12 degree in London perhaps.

?

i assume you’re going by this subject to change - it’s not mild. Nights probably frosty.

134EAEFC-5259-46CA-BD0C-1A7A960B9E30.thumb.png.dbf5c275bd3335d67c727a985936951f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

?

i assume you’re going by this subject to change - it’s not mild. Nights probably frosty.

134EAEFC-5259-46CA-BD0C-1A7A960B9E30.thumb.png.dbf5c275bd3335d67c727a985936951f.png

Looks like freezing fog at night with cold days if fog lingers. Doesn't look like a cloudy high, but if it is temps will hold above freezing but will still be chilly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

5.4c with a DP of 0c here in Cobham Surrey - have to say it felt like spring walking across Esher Common birds singing lots of gardeners out tidying up etc . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Looks like freezing fog at night with cold days if fog lingers. Doesn't look like a cloudy high, but if it is temps will hold above freezing but will still be chilly.

A nice clear UK high can be good this time of year harsh frosts at night and sunny days...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Very nice day here, ice lingering in the shade, -2C when I woke up.

Posted
4 hours ago, E17boy said:

Since then I have not seen what has happened overnight and I am determined not to look in case I spoil my Monday morning

That's what happens to me too... Does your head in.. I think do I look at the charts.. Look through the thread...if you look through the thread.,people you know like cold either hang on every" could be this or that"the other is its gone pear shaped.."knew it was pointless.." so you look your self anyway to see if what you think matches either one.. So always look first you will know yourself if it's a lost cause..but I agree it changes your mood.. Simple as that :-) 

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

?

I like that chart, nice early spring weather probably in the range 7 to 12c, the upper end if cloudless, the sunshine is much stronger beyond the middle of February. Often how you perceive a charts depends on what you're looking for, to me that says pleasant and usable early spring day. :)  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I don’t know what planet you’re on but it’s not earth. :D 

The NWP is showing no sign of a spring burst of warmth. A very off post I must say. 

I must say, your style of posting comes across as quite offensive at times...

I doubt you're even aware though.

• Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, Steve C said:

I must say, your style of posting comes across as quite offensive at times...

I doubt you're even aware though.

Maybe a little dicey at times so yes I am self aware, I’ve been on this forum for quite a long time as have you Steve.. I’d hope by now some would not what I’m like it’s all light hearted however there are many who have not been on this forum for that long. The ignore option is there if you wish to use it. I’m uncomfortable with letting some things slide which ought to be corrected for the benefit of all, the post itself was not a truthful reflection. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
7 hours ago, craigore said:

-1.6 here last nite.

Models keep pushing bck the Ssw inpacts now till March.

Sorry but not interested in cold & snow in march especially here in the S.E.

Wrk outdoors as a landscape gardener and March is when things get busy for me or should do.

So towel been thrown by me. See you nxt year for more fun & games 

Why not stay for the Spanish Plumes during the summer?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Daniel, I don't ignore anybody (unless they were stalking me for some God only knows reason) I think ignoring is a bit childish.

My analogy would be something like, say you were sitting at a bar, or in a cafe and strangers were talking about a subject you were interested in but said something you disagreed with. Fine to introduce yourself and state why you disagreed. They'd probably enjoy the debate. Would you really introduce yourself with "What planet are you on?" though. Really?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
26 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Why not stay for the Spanish Plumes during the summer?

Sure thing as long as there are some nice juicy storms to go wrh. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

?

Useable weather conditions though which would be nice.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, craigore said:

Useable weather conditions though which would be nice.

Yes much rather that than have long drawn southwesterlies /shudders.

Tomorrow still has snow interest for me even in SE of England I know only GFS is interested in some snow on backedge. An interesting set up, we do have winds off northern France which has been cold and snow covered I assume this has all thawed. A cold night ahead here too? I think if it doesn’t steam through and heavy precip has not cleared, some snow too will be possible. But probably a lot of rain before that will be interesting, some elevation too will be of help marginal as always.

4A666813-5EFF-403F-B803-8202E700A005.thumb.jpeg.1ccad56174bfee591faf96981a2e497e.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Yes much rather that than have long drawn southwesterlies /shudders.

Tomorrow still has snow interest for me even in SE of England I know only GFS is interested in some snow on backedge. An interesting set up, we do have winds off northern France which has been cold and snow covered I assume this has all thawed. A cold night ahead here too? I think if it doesn’t steam through and heavy precip has not cleared, some snow too will be possible. But probably a lot of rain before that will be interesting, some elevation too will be of help marginal as always.

4A666813-5EFF-403F-B803-8202E700A005.thumb.jpeg.1ccad56174bfee591faf96981a2e497e.jpeg

Hi Daniel, I would say that is a horrible chart, cold rain, windy, slow moving front maybe a little sleet with elevation in the south-east. Yuk!