Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm only going to say this once.

The SSW in the next 7-10 days is going to blow the Northern Hemisphere apart and we will have northern blocking galore and cold weather.  

Its going to take a bit more time to down well. 

Ignore the Mod thread for 7 days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Warm and pleasant -15 c with light sunshine.

I'd hate to see what dark sunshine looks like

Posted

The outlook for cold & snow with bitter winds based on just the last few hours models - GRIM!

Posted
40 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

The outlook for cold & snow with bitter winds based on just the last few hours models - GRIM!

Having said that I don't buy the output at present, still no consistency.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After all of the attempts at sustained cold and snow which ended up as wet sleet and barely a frost, i’m looking forward to a few dry days and, hopefully a couple of usable ones this weekend.

The setup of of the last few weeks might float someone’s boat but it’s certainly something i’ll be happy to see the back of.

• Like 3

Posted
55 minutes ago, iand61 said:

After all of the attempts at sustained cold and snow which ended up as wet sleet and barely a frost, i’m looking forward to a few dry days and, hopefully a couple of usable ones this weekend.

The setup of of the last few weeks might float someone’s boat but it’s certainly something i’ll be happy to see the back of.

To be honest I quite like the set up of the last few weeks - a decent snow event with good depth but it not hanging around so long as to become unpleasant or deep enough that the partial melts and then re-freeze turns the pavements and the roads into ice rinks. And most of the precip has been snow except the last few days.

Anyway, surely this chart; with the cold pool heading for us, would spell a few steps from snowmaggeden for us?

ECM0-240.gif.7178b50f2bfdf4806bffb5482e5da114.gif

1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

To be honest I quite like the set up of the last few weeks - a decent snow event with good depth but it not hanging around so long as to become unpleasant or deep enough that the partial melts and then re-freeze turns the pavements and the roads into ice rinks. And most of the precip has been snow except the last few days.

Anyway, surely this chart; with the cold pool heading for us, would spell a few steps from snowmaggeden for us?

Majority of which have been damp cold days , I'm with 61 on this ,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
43 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

I agree with the setup’s being ok, it’s the final delivery which has been disappointing but unfortunately being the wrong side of marginal seems to be the default setting of recent winters.

to quote the carol, I like my snow to be “deep and crisp and even” but my hillside has seen precious little of that since March 2013.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I'm so ready for Summer

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Won't someone fire up spring warmth .. this winter has had NW England written all over it. Yawn fest. 

I did appreciate the returning strength of the sun today though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Won't someone fire up spring warmth .. this winter has had NW England written all over it. Yawn fest. 

I did appreciate the returning strength of the sun today though.

I really wouldn't look at the latest model runs if it's warmth your after; all lining up for the gold-rush (and not a very warm one).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
14 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Tbh I don’t think anyone knows for sure what will happen beyond this weekend. I‘d love another cold spell but equally I wouldn’t mind an early spring. Can’t wait for the thunderstorm season either which isn’t too far away now. 

I love thunder storm season just unfortunate but 

I am in Spain at that time, mind you we do get corkers there too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
8 hours ago, Day 10 said:

And now Jan 87 is going to repeat itself and the Easterly is back on. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

By the time this Easterly actually arrives/verifies, it'll be hot air wafted across from Europe, not cold. Tick tock tick tock....lol!

• Like 1

Posted

Bbc regional weather just said the possibility of snow on the coast tomorrow morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
28 minutes ago, robbo88 said:

Bbc regional weather just said the possibility of snow on the coast tomorrow morning...

Can't see how they have arrived at this suggestion tbh.:cc_confused:  Metoffice mentions possibility of snow over Lakeland Fells and the Pennines tonight with a mild day to come tomorrow. 

Posted

Yes Fed up myself with this weather getting for the March winds and storms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

At 3 AM last night it was 4.5°C, then the wind moved off-shore and by 7 AM I had my 11th air frost of the winter just. Minimum -0.1°C. Never underestimate the  importance of the wind at the coast. 

Posted

Boring, boring, bored. Why can't we get a crazy easterly with -12 uppers? Preferably to last a whole week and then followed by northerlies, northwesterlies and northeasterlies till just after Easter. Then I can retire my weather interest till late October when the next interesting season appears on the horizon...

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at tonight, then the only chance of snow is evaporative cooling and heavy precipitation provided we get that. Freezing levels aren’t particularly high, but only very heavy PPN will do it.