Wondering if it' snowing back home in Hadfield

No I'm in ulverston 80 miles away :nonono:

2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Can you see me just passing the Midland hotel on tram

Lol , meant to quote this :rofl:

7 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Can you see me just passing the Midland hotel on tram

I waved at you!

Had a heavy shower of wet snow about half an hour ago. Now back to cold,wet 'orrible rain!

The sun is making a brief appearance here, rain has stopped

6 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

Heavy rain here now. It’s wet and it’s cold. If it were snow it would be getting deep!

Well it’s turned to heavy snow now and is settling on the grass 

Had some snow for 5 mins but now back to rain. Shortest spell of snow ever. :rofl:

Finally after light-rain all morning it's beginning to turn to heavy snow, slowly beginning to stick and dropping the visibility to about 1/2 mile.

Short but sweet, there was a slight dusting of snow across the fields here from that band of snow, but its quickly melted away as the precip turns back to light rain again.

30 mimutes ago I was at the top of Monks Road, Charlesworth, a beautiful scene.

20180213_134201.jpg

If the SSW brought in cold winds from the East, would there be any chance of snow in the west or would it be confined to the east?

14 minutes ago, CameronWS said:

If the SSW brought in cold winds from the East, would there be any chance of snow in the west or would it be confined to the east?

Heavy snow showers would make there way over the Pennines and get as far as Manchester before fizzling. If any fronts encroach friom the West, we would possible see an undercut and a 1991 style snowmagedon.

depends upon a few things really, the pennines do act as a barrier, but the uppers will be cold it's whether there's is any troughs in the easterly flow, a few showers may make it over if the wind is strong enough, our best bet is some form of under cut or if we can get any NE vector winds winds pushing small systems in the flow to us, best would be undercuts

Ive lived over here 20 years and it'll be cold but bone dry unless it really is a major event then I'll bow to others for historic info

Edited by cheshire cat

11 minutes ago, cheshire cat said:

depends upon a few things really, the pennines do act as a barrier, but the uppers will be cold it's whether there's is any troughs in the easterly flow, a few showers may make it over if the wind is strong enough, our best bet is some form of under cut or if we can get any NE vector winds winds pushing small systems in the flow to us, best would be undercuts

Ive lived over here 20 years and it'll be cold but bone dry unless it really is a major event then I'll bow to others for historic info

Only a week last Monday, there were flurries of snow and that was a very weak affair and we were under high pressure. 

I find that forecasts at least past ones underestimated snow prospects at least for Greater Manchester in an easterly flow.

Edited by Weather-history

It’s been an odd winter for it snowing and then melting almost immediately. Or more accurately, an odd week. I’ve had 5 snowfalls in the last 7 days, and they have all landed on bare ground. 

15 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Only a week last Monday, there were flurries of snow and that was a very weak affair and we were under high pressure. 

I find that forecasts at least past ones underestimated snow prospects at least for Greater Manchester in an easterly flow.

From your excellent knowledge of the historic weather, does the later part of next week, (which may not happen) have any similarities to 91?  Do you have a link to the archives please? 

16 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Lovely summers day here

Jan's talking to you in status update .

Bone dry and sunny here :yahoo:

Love it........Not really!! :wallbash:

Edited by pip22