Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
35 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Didn't even get the frost ? it's 7degrees now too

Lol was going to say that before. Not far away though, minimum 1.1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

So very shortly we will have the first TAF from Liverpool to midday tomorrow. Let’s see what it shows. 

Posted

While I’m waiting for that; Manchester has the possibility of snow showers from 06:00 with cb. 

Posted

Weather warnings galore over Cumbria next 3 days, and all for snow. Tonight possible low level snow more in the north of the county, then tomorrow heavy snow showers again widespread down to relatively low levels, and Monday morning- afternoon perhaps longer outbreaks of heavy snow - showers banding together.

Tuesday sees chance of widespread band of low level snowfall as well.

The fells are going to see significant snowfall - perfect for half term and anyone wanting some winter walking, but conditions will be hard going with the strong winds. 

Today though is drab and grey and wet - very uninspiring, can't see any of the fells, low cloud - yuck!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Loosing track of all the Met O warnings now, especially as they all show a variance on the same theme.

As it stands i know i’m not in today’s, I am in Sunday’s and frustratingly i’m just to far south of Monday’s which is a shame because that one looks the most potent and likely to deliver.

lets hope that the southerly correction that seems to have been the default all winter does the same again.

Not being greedy, another 80 miles or so and all of the region would join in the fun.

• Like 1

Posted

Right then. Latest Liverpool TAF shows sleet showers and graupel showers with cb between 04:00 and 08:00, then snow showers and graupel showers with cb after 08:00. Manchester is the same. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Loosing track of all the Met O warnings now, especially as they all show a variance on the same theme.

As it stands i know i’m not in today’s, I am in Sunday’s and frustratingly i’m just to far south of Monday’s which is a shame because that one looks the most potent and likely to deliver.

lets hope that the southerly correction that seems to have been the default all winter does the same again.

Not being greedy, another 80 miles or so and all of the region would join in the fun.

I hope so, not too much to ask is it? 

Btw good luck with your Swansea game today; it would be great if you could overtake Arsenal and show them up some more. :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Right then. Latest Liverpool TAF shows sleet showers and graupel showers with cb between 04:00 and 08:00, then snow showers and graupel showers with cb after 08:00. Manchester is the same. 

Sunday Met Office :good:

Between 00:05 Sun 11th and 23:55 Sun 11th

Frequent, heavy hail and snow showers are expected through Sunday and will lead to snow accumulating on many surfaces. Longer journey times by road, bus and train services are likely while some vehicles could become stranded. Ice is likely to form on untreated pavements, cycle paths and roads leading to some injuries from slips and falls. Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A very cold westerly airstream will bring frequent snow showers to many western and central areas on Sunday. 2-5 cm of snow may accumulate above 150 m with some snow to low levels too, particularly across Northern Ireland and Scotland. 10 cm or more is possible above 300 m in western Scotland, with drifting in the strong westerly winds. Ice will also be a hazard overnight into Sunday morning and then is expected to return in the evening.

Edited by Day 10

Posted
Just now, Day 10 said:

Sunday Met Office :good:

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A very cold westerly airstream will bring frequent snow showers to many western and central areas on Sunday. 2-5 cm of snow may accumulate above 150 m with some snow to low levels too, particularly across Northern Ireland and Scotland. 10 cm or more is possible above 300 m in western Scotland, with drifting in the strong westerly winds. Ice will also be a hazard overnight into Sunday morning and then is expected to return in the evening.

That’s good, but they’ve just basically copied the one from the other day;  some of the wording in the first bit is almost the same. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Thursday looking interesting:

image.thumb.png.1e2619f78c245c49b8b191cd89c0a441.png

image.thumb.png.3db7cd1ecc57f8169317d69194b99630.png

image.thumb.png.61f875da8f22ee735309c2a16fa524ab.png

Significant snow in places

• Like 2

Posted

Tuesday morning looking a bit better on GFS 06Z as well, dews negative most of the time. 

Posted

It’s quiet in here this afternoon.

Oh no...Tottenham have scored!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Only drizzle here. But in the next few hours the rain should get heavier.

Posted

Clouds are clearing a bit, and surprised to see snow cover at a modest 200-250 metres, there must have been quite a bit first thing this morning. Fells are plastered white. Expecting lots more in the days to come.

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Yes quiet in here think everybody is feeling a bit deflated 

Well I am as tottenham have one. Weather does not bother me anymore though.  

Posted
26 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

Warnings are absolutely pointless this year as in my area not one as been warranted and from people across our region on here that's a common theme. 

Also two amber warnings for no snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
10 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

GFS 12z op run has increased back edge snow chances, Tuesday. 

@WillinGlossop

He'll be doing a dance at this.

Posted

Very wet and soggy Saturday, even after the heavy rain earlier... a persistent heavy drizzle has taken the interim period until more very wet weather arrives later in the afternoon/evening.  Ground will be sodden after today.  Fingers crossed for some wintry showers tomorrow, but as with every wintry forecast this year I'll keep my hopes very much in check and at a low-level.

Edited by dodgeredee

5 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Very wet and soggy Saturday, even after the heavy rain earlier... a persistent heavy drizzle has taken the interim period until more very wet weather arrives later in the afternoon/evening.  Ground will be sodden after today.  Fingers crossed for some wintry showers tomorrow, but as with every wintry forecast this year I'll keep my hopes very much in check and at a low-level.

More incoming , ithink snow at  sea level  chance is over for another year  .