Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted

Heavy covering of hail when I left Worsley at 4.30, East Lancs was covered as far a Leigh, but fine all the way to Telford after that. Got caught in a real blizzard at 8pm last night coming back from Peaks, absolute white out at Foolow, 5 mph couldn't see a thing, 4wd was struggling like hell, hit a patch of ice covered in snow at about 5 mph and took a huge chunk out of rear alloy, just check on Merc webite.............gulp....................:fool: Stay safe out there people!! 

Edited by Alister

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well well well, just woke up and.....

Not a sausage!

• Like 2

Posted

No sausage for breakfast for me this morning, a few tiny specs of muesli (ps if you don't know what we're talking about check past pages but basically we put shapes of precipitation on the radar to food types) but last night really delivered for the first time this winter.

A real winter wonderland with fluffy white levels of snow and not waking up to slush and ice.  Yes it will eventually morph into that unwelcome trait but at least a few inches of snow to enjoy today before it goes through that transition.

Might get Pizza tonight... that really could be deliver toppings galore to most of the region.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Lovely wintry scene outside with around  1-2 inches of snow coating most surfaces. I'm just glad the North Westerly proved it could deliver after many let downs this winter. Hopes not high of snow away from high ground tomorrow, but we'll see. I'm setting off over the tops to t'other side at 06:00 in the morning. Looks like I will be ahead of any potential disruption given the arrival time for the precipitation which seems to have been slowly pushed back over the past couple of days. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Glad I've gone to bed at 10pm last night. No egg and sausage have been came through here. :(

Maybe one last hurrah for tomorrow before Winter's over.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No snow here but keep seeing cars go past with snow on top of them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another snow shower in progress here. Perfect flakes, nothing marginal about it. Lovely :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Winter wonderland and just starting to snow again

20180212_080600.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Definitely chose the right time to go to bed last night, doesn't appear to be much more.

Definitely the best event of the winter so far. Looks as though most of it will stick around though, giving us a surface for the expected snow  tonight into tomorrow though. Main danger is rain showers as temperatures rise washing it away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A good couple of inches out there, doesn't look like more fell in the night though, sun's trying to come out now which will probably melt some of it. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

aaaahhhhhh sighs

822E2CC1-BB22-4348-AC7C-9C14456CBD8B.thumb.jpeg.98332cf9ef7873e9b863573a9a4d7547.jpeg

if the blob and sausage were 2 miles further South i’d of had x2 inches. 

Instead a covering of hail ☹️

Posted

Showers building out of no where and I have grauple. Icicles forming on all drips so temp must have fallen. No sign of any melt at the moment 

• Like 1

Posted

I haven't got my head around the new BBC TV graphics fully but they seemed to show a large area of snow in the area this evening from the incoming front. Their app however is having absolutely none of it. What's the Bobby Moore?

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, trickydicky said:

I haven't got my head around the new BBC TV graphics fully but they seemed to show a large area of snow in the area this evening from the incoming front. Their app however is having absolutely none of it. What's the Bobby Moore?

All the apps have reduced the snow risk but the TV forecast this morning had a large area of snow overnight,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Showers turning to rain here sadly.

I don't expecting much tommorow either in fact this week and next week. :(