Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Spare a thought for a snow lover on a stretch of the coastal area of Dyfed and slightly inland around Aberystwyth at this moment. Then you would have something to complain about.

I see what you mean, a similar situation there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something falling from sky ,very fine ppn of the rain variety ,something oddd going on out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

I see what you mean, a similar situation there.

Only if the radar is accurate which I don't think it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Spare a thought for a snow lover on a stretch of the coastal area of Dyfed and slightly inland around Aberystwyth at this moment. Then you would have something to complain about.

True. The west Welsh coast probably one of the worst places in UK for easterlys. The Welsh mountains are a very effective barrier just like when the Anglo Saxons tried to go into Wales they kept getting ambushed in the hills.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow just wow.... went outside.... wow just wow.... 

ps update from Taunton six to eight inches and now drifting... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Spare a thought for a snow lover on a stretch of the coastal area of Dyfed and slightly inland around Aberystwyth at this moment. Then you would have something to complain about.

Been like that here all week and looking at the forecast for the next 5 days things aren't going to change much either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Wow just wow.... went outside.... wow just wow.... 

ps update from Taunton six to eight inches and now drifting... 

Glad I got my girlfriend to get out of Taunton this morning she would have blamed me if she had had to spend the night on the M5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the new pines is it I'm  it bothering this weekend spoke to them today not worth going 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Where are you? 

In bootle -but I think it was more freezing rain as a precursor to the snow as it’s snowing now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still some big gusts here,light snow blowing around,nothing to get excited about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Wow just wow.... went outside.... wow just wow.... 

ps update from Taunton six to eight inches and now drifting... 

Arsenal 0-3 City and Ederson saved penalty.... just wow.

Not so wow. filled bath and went to let water out and outside drain pipe has frozen half way up above the conservatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what a horribly dull, depressing, windy and bitterly cold day. 

Some spring warmth now please! 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

Where was the rain reported?

I reported it in bootle in Merseyside it was defo not snow however it has now turned to snow so maybe freezing rain 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a bit heavier now, but it’s just blowing straight down the road

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Linda said:

I reported it in bootle in Merseyside it was defo not snow however it has now turned to snow so maybe freezing rain 

There's something going on out there my DPs is just  above freezing ,inversion, mixing ,not a clue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed yesterday and this mornings rare easterly snow here...but not enjoying it now..nothing worse than places south of you getting some proper snow.....is all hope lost now with these fronts from the south..chris fawkes was quite bullish about northwest snow friday......met office app is now barren of snow symbols here right up to monday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You couldn't make it up could you , Spot the town of Wigan on the map :nonono:

DXOna4aWsAAUdJd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

Enjoyed yesterday and this mornings rare easterly snow here...but not enjoying it now..nothing worse than places south of you getting some proper snow.....is all hope lost now with these fronts from the south..chris fawkes was quite bullish about northwest snow friday......met office app is now barren of snow symbols here right up to monday.

I'm afraid you've got it spot on Soupy

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

XC weather actually reporting freezing rain at Manchester airport. This could be a disaster!!!

It is. I said this over an hour ago I could see ice pellets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Astral Goat Juice said:

It is. I said this over an hour ago I could see ice pellets

Wasn’t a period of snow followed by freezing rain then turning back to snow forecasted as part of the main band coming up from the south?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if we dont even manage 1cm in one of the most coldest spells in recorded history, not even funny.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Linda said:

Wasn’t a period of snow followed by freezing rain then turning back to snow forecasted as part of the main band coming up from the south?

Yes but they thought it would be freezing rain in the South not this far north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...