Sign in to follow this  
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

Just now, Backtrack said:

Not a chance this far north. Uppers are still very low 

Unlikely yes. But I’ve seen stranger  things and someone is reporting rain.

Just now, i luv snow said:

Exactly. I know what freezing rain is, but uppers across NW are too low right now. Must be snizzle or snow pellets which appear rain-like

Check xc weather. Manchester airport!

Can’t even see if it’s snowing absolutely bonkers wind blowing snow that much sideways it’s just well bonkers... again wow.... -4c windchill just wow 😮 😮 😮 

Freezing rain up here? DPs are well below 0 still aren’t they?

1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

XC weather actually reporting freezing rain at Manchester airport. This could be a disaster!!!

Google weather is reporting freezing rain in Salford but it is just very fine snow where I live in Swinton, Salford

1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

Freezing rain up here? DPs are well below 0 still aren’t they?

-5 according to GFS

3 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Has been a while reporting this, even reported hail showers whilst the snow was falling here this morning. I think the obs have been dodgy, IMO.

Edited by Weather-history

With the cold spell looking like ending sunday i implore anyone needing a snow fix, esp in manchester to take the short trip up to Oldham saturday if you would like to see what huge snow drifts look like, i finish my shift tomorrow and i for one will be heading up to Saddleworth to have a look round, there are apparently houses on Plattin Road Lydgate with snow drifts up their bedroom windows exposed to the winds, its high ground at around 300m but there is higher ground in Oldham but i suspect the roads will still be impassable by saturday (Holmfirth Road etc).

1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

its not Freezing rain more like small ice pellets giving everything a white dusting or it is from the window I have just looked out of

C.S

ALl that precip forming in the Irish Sea and the evil rain shadow is being mean here.

5 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

XC weather actually reporting freezing rain at Manchester airport. This could be a disaster!!!

I live by the airport it’s just fine snow 

15 minutes ago, Linda said:

Raining !!! Boo

Ian Brown stop it LOL:D

Only Joking Linda

C.S

4 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

ALl that precip forming in the Irish Sea and the evil rain shadow is being mean here.

Spare a thought for a snow lover on a stretch of the coastal area of Dyfed and slightly inland around Aberystwyth at this moment. Then you would have something to complain about.

Edited by Weather-history

18 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

You should have gone there for the start of the week, you'd be killing it for snow now - you'd be out doing even us in the pennines in terms of level snow.

Park was only supposed to open today, but  all the water pipes are frozen. M62 closed anyway. I’ll have to live vicariously through my friends FB posts (all non Wigan friends posts anyway) 

36 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Going for a drive to whitehaven to see if its anoprop

yep anoprop, nowt falling

It's been very poor here for snow(again),had about 1cm in total over the past 2 days and now most of that has gone,It's been biting cold, the boiler is broken at work (NHS Clinic),so we've been given portable heaters which are neither use nor ornament...I just want spring to arrive now , i've had it with this non event

Still not really getting past this line, incredibly frustrating.

5a986584e9118_InkedScreenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(12)_LI.thumb.jpg.3328da32cea92d229045f807b371f84f.jpg

DPs on rise  here ,air feels damp 

Edited by Mokidugway

Lots of light snow indicated here on the Fylde Coast with some darker echoes towards Fleetwood but zilch falling - so weird... 

Looking at the latest radar, the rain/snow shadow is in full affect..

If I'm honest, I'm ready to throw the towel in on this winter.  

Could do with some warmth on my old bones..lol 

Chester seems to be doing quite well.

I just took a quick beer-run to the garage and got blasted by powdery snow, it's absolutely bitter out there with the wind. Back to watching the C5 Snowstorm special.