Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

It’s not snowing at all here.

Nor here mate, should be but just isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Peaks taking all the energy away as expected, the wind here is really harsh, the windchill with all the laying snow being blown around is horrendous.

Not a night to be outside for any length of time.

Ive never seen or felt anything like this ever in my life - its just ridiculous.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that’s it now for the west of the region. Tomorrow doesn’t look exciting either.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is unbeleivably windy and cold here but sadly very little snow. Looking at the radar images it looks to me like Emma is heading North more quickly than predicted (and she is further East) I have no idea what impact this will have on how far North she gets though.

C'mon Emma, just pretend its Summer I know you'd make it then!

Edited by Acupuncturist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Acupuncturist said:

It really is unbeleivably windy and cold here but sadly very little snow. Looking at the radar images it looks to me like Emma is heading North more quickly than predicted (and she is further East) I have no idea what impact this will have on how far North she gets though.

C'mon Emma, just pretend its Summer I know you'd make it then!

If it was torrential rain, it would hit us!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amber warning for the SW has moved a bit further NE, so maybe Emma is encroaching a bit further northwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is some serious snowfall heading in to the south, extremely dangerous stuff!

5a9841c68f89b_Screenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(8).thumb.png.5bd8dbe6c0498eee3dffbca69029464a.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the truth, if this was rain it wouldn't matter which direction is was coming from, it would hit us and stay all night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

I quite agree the snow and wind here today have been horrendous and still it continues people should not be going anywhere around here unless it’s really necessary. No visibility because of drifting snow and not been above -4 all day!!

5A00D459-0161-4A51-911F-9C4E5F9BE405.jpeg

52CFB2C2-25A6-4A13-AD8A-4760EC53E5A5.jpeg

9E9CEBA2-DA0F-41B4-8AED-DDF44A2BC8A9.jpeg

Agreed it is getting nasty up here now and just the sort of conditions which can ice over and bring down power lines.

Just spent 20 minutes wrapped up clearing a path up the drive and it was absolutely bitter but the relentless fine snow being blown off the moors is covering it again in no time at all.

even the winds of the March 2013 blizzard was tame compared to this and would easily be a killer for anyone out in it without the right clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

@ChadWeather in High Crompton

DXOHcbyWAAQZLOt.thumb.jpg.486202acd60e9dfc51594b1a9296c18c.jpg

Pretty much the same at my house.

The wind is causing some incredible drifting..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

That is some serious snowfall heading in to the south, extremely dangerous stuff!

5a9841c68f89b_Screenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(8).thumb.png.5bd8dbe6c0498eee3dffbca69029464a.png

 

More fitting of the title Beast than what we got from the East

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

MEN reporting 77mph gusts in Central Manchester

We should of at least had amber for wind and drifting it’s appalling conditions up here maybe -4c but windchill must be -20c or less.... drifts are amazing.... can’t see out of lounge window... branches down... wouldn’t be surprised if trees down around really rocking the house....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STRONG WINDS
Hazardous for High Sided Vehicles
Currently gusting over 56 mph
Expected until ≈ 1am on Saturday

Based on Met Office & Highways weather stations at Dinting, Glossop, M67 (Hattersley) @ 5:47pm

 

http://glossop.online/traffic/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light snow here flakes look bigger,going side ways past the lamp post

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Agreed it is getting nasty up here now and just the sort of conditions which can ice over and bring down power lines.

Just spent 20 minutes wrapped up clearing a path up the drive and it was absolutely bitter but the relentless fine snow being blown off the moors is covering it again in no time at all.

even the winds of the March 2013 blizzard was tame compared to this and would easily be a killer for anyone out in it without the right clothing.

 Hi do you think I should still go to the ELR in Summerseat on Sunday? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wind seems to be getting worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The snow depth charts for the west of the region have been quite accurate with the forecast couple of cm's snow in Warrington mostly melted, sublimated and blown away. Funny reading the mod thread wanting to drag out the cold, but unless you are favoured by showers from the east you need at some point for moisture and thus warmer air to confront the cold air. A messy breakdown is unlikely to give this, the 850 temp may look favourable for snow going onwards but it will most likely be cyclonic cold maritime air. The expectation seems to be that the colder the pool of air is automatically likely to lead to a blizzard at some point. Don't seem to remember this in December 2010 or December 1995 etc, etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...