Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, Winter Hill said:

Wind is howling and blowing the snow about. My side of the street has about 2 inch cover, the other side about 10 inch cover !!!

Think most of the Peak District snow has gone to Ireland. The hills are looking dusted rather than buried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mucka said:

I love the cold so long as it is extreme but not for too long if there not associated snow.

If it just going to be ordinary cold/chilly and dry I would rather it just warmed up and Spring arrived.

Yes I'm off out on my bike now to "enjoy" the freezingly bitter wind, the grey overcast sky and the severe lack of snow on the coast...:nonono:

The funny thing is, if this was all rain instead of snow it would have no problem dumping on the coast but if it's anything remotely interesting then forget about it, you literally need all the stars and planets in alignment for it to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Had Worse said:

Think most of the Peak District snow has gone to Ireland. The hills are looking dusted rather than buried

Winter hill is the same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope snow days are like buses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramp said:

I hope snow days are like buses.

You mean they dont turn up or you wait for one and three come along at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

Yes 4 roads closed round here with trees down along with about 7 with snow the roads that are open are crawling. I think some trees look covered in sheets of ice

Macc Road has been closed from Whaley to Macclesfield all day, heard some local folk talking about the higher-part of the route towards Sponds Hill being nothing more than sheet ice and completely impassible even to 4x4 vehicles. Despite that and a accident around Kettleshulme yesterday it still took until this morning for the road to finally be shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even London has been buried. That says everything. They get the heat in the summer and the snow in the winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Macc Road has been closed from Whaley to Macclesfield all day, heard some local folk talking about the higher-part of the route towards Sponds Hill being nothing more than sheet ice and completely impassible even to 4x4 vehicles. Despite that and a accident around Kettleshulme yesterday it still took until this morning for the road to finally be shut.

That roads a roller coaster down through to Rainow and then Macc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

Even London has been buried. That says everything. They get the heat in the summer and the snow in the winter. 

Arsen Wenger might be tonight if the game goes ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey ... in Royton... just up the road from me.

01032018oldhamsnow3.jpg

01032018oldhamsnow5.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GFS has another snow event to miss us and hit the snow starved south next week....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was snowing again but it was just snow blowing off roof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

Even London has been buried. That says everything. They get the heat in the summer and the snow in the winter. 

dont forget the thunderstorms too, it's definitely a snowier place than here, won't let anyone tell me otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met Office crappy appy thing has me down for 4hrs of snow this evening and six hours of snow tomorrow evening oh Dear

C.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

Blimey ... in Royton... just up the road from me.

01032018oldhamsnow3.jpg

01032018oldhamsnow5.jpg

 

Jack Deardon was on Radio Manchester this morning by phone, he lives in Royton and was trying to stress how bad it was and the fact he was snowed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Macc Road has been closed from Whaley to Macclesfield all day, heard some local folk talking about the higher-part of the route towards Sponds Hill being nothing more than sheet ice and completely impassible even to 4x4 vehicles. Despite that and a accident around Kettleshulme yesterday it still took until this morning for the road to finally be shut.

This is Sugar Lane out of Bollington. Local paper reported that some roads had a little ice on them. 

5CC27B43-A9E3-4401-BE9D-0A578D2A15C8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnwirral said:

GFS has another snow event to miss us and hit the snow starved south next week....

I may well give up if that happens.

 

So far this year we have missed snow from the north, west, south and east 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

That roads a roller coaster down through to Rainow and then Macc

Walked up that way this morning to have a look! Worse now than it was then I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you see yesterdays mishap on Sugar Lane near Adlington...just one of many vehicles that ended up on their sides across the peaks over the past 24hr.

 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ad0bdc7a2858da419365f3599587fd2c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

Did you see yesterdays mishap on Sugar Lane near Adlington...just one of many vehicles that ended up on their sides across the peaks over the past 24hr.

 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ad0bdc7a2858da419365f3599587fd2c.jpg

Yes there’s been a few of those 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder, now it's over the Irish Sea will that help intensify the precip and join up with what's coming up from behind???

5a982f9eb57f6_InkedScreenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(5)_LI.thumb.jpg.9d1343c389c19160323a2012f2998529.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

I may well give up if that happens.

 

So far this year we have missed snow from the north, west, south and east 

Didnt you have like 3 inches two weeks ago in that NW'ly and 3 inches again this week? could be a lot worse mate

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the warm up ,this cold here if ffffing pointless ,rather have drizzle and 10 c beast from the east you can keep it ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IS The stuff in Cheshire on the radar actually that heavy? I’m back from the meeting and seem to be right on the edge all of that snow. It looks like snow outside but it’s doing nothing.

Edited by Darren Bown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...