Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

4 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Pic from the MEN website (Diggle Oldham)
diggle.jpg

Amazing..truly amazing.

Measured the snow outside over open-land and it's a good 3in accumulated here, hearing that trains and buses to Buxton are all cancelled or running with severe delays past Dove Holes.

10 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Measured the snow outside over open-land and it's a good 3in accumulated here, hearing that trains and buses to Buxton are all cancelled or running with severe delays past Dove Holes.

Yes all High Peak buses suspended after police advice.

Points failure at Disley has trains only going as far as Furness Vale from Buxton with no replacement bus service.

Edited by Had Worse

18 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

12Z Latest Frame

Friday AM LP looks further N

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.5b9eee055c2af8230602aa5922befa7f.png

Yes I noticed that, just needs a shift East now lol. We are like a brick wall!

54 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Hammering down now in Sale South Manchester

Enjoy mate. We've been unlucky in the city centre today really. 

This Easterly has provided me with more snow than all the NW's this season put together.

And the blowing snow is great.

13 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Measured my snow depth too, didn't need a ruler infact didn't need anything.....

A BIG FAT ZERO! :yahoo:

3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Measured my snow depth too, didn't need a ruler infact didn't need anything.....

A BIG FAT ZERO! :yahoo:

Still got 4 cm in shelter, and paths are icy. 

Edited by Chris.R

19 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Perhaps 2cm max here in south lakes as expected. Dry powder snow. Occasional flurries today but nothing significant. Might get a further dusting over the weekend but nothing significant. It appears the rest of the region has fared much better than Cumbria once again but hey ho. Standard.

The North and East of Cumbria got absolutely pasted, 1ft of snow fell in Carlisle today, that is unheard of, probably there best snowfall for a few decades.

Just now, I Cumbria Marra I said:

The North and East of Cumbria got absolutely pasted, 1ft of snow fell in Carlisle today, that is unheard of, probably there best snowfall for a few decades.

Reminds me just how bad position im in here. Nothing from easterly, north westerly, sliders battle grounds or even shear luck!!

8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Yes I noticed that, just needs a shift East now lol. We are like a brick wall!

It happens so many times in these type of events, happened 2/3 times in 2013 alone, stalling just off the coast.

8 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Yes all High Peak buses suspended after police advice.

Points failure at Disley has trains only going as far as Furness Vale from Buxton with no replacement bus service.

Glad I made it out of Buxton when I did on the second-to-last bus, reading that a few folks wanting to go to Nottingham via the TP are booking hotel rooms for the night as Buxton is practically cut-off now. Called in to my supervisor earlier on and firmly telling him I won't be showing up tomorrow due to the forecast after today's run-around :snowman-emoji: the older bro is also travelling up from the South and will have quite a story to tell once/if he gets back to the Peaks tonight. 

Was -1.1°C 20 minutes ago, now -2.0 and falling at an incredible rate.  I think -8 might be achievable tonight. 

Edited by Chris.R

A very unusual sight i seen today was big icicles hanging off cars in mid day! and were a water pipe had burst spraying a fence had big icicles all over it, was really cool to see.

1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

A very unusual sight i seen today was big icicles hanging off cars in mid day! and were a water pipe had burst spraying a fence had big icicles all over it, was really cool to see.

I too observed this strange phenomonmoenmoenom .

2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

I saw that yesterday and today 

This is a bush in my garden all incased in ice

FF803F3E-D590-42B0-B86B-D04D04F3329B.jpg

Edited by itsnowjoke

Just had a mini blizzard only lasted 5 mins but covered pavements etc 

Just now, northwestsnow said:

Nothing for over an hour now..looks like a gap has opened up ..

image.thumb.png.6089c136e26bc9dade4b2cbd26f24398.png

But it looks a bit more organised out east now.