North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Wild gusts of wind happening as I type. Proper blizzard 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

All updated warnings from the Met, the southwest of the region pinning hopes on Friday's band reaching far enough North.

5a9699c75af21_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings.thumb.png.bbb1cff1aa239a01fd0c9ffb1dd19beb.png5a9699c4c3448_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings(1).thumb.png.c7c2aaae74807b0af1f36ba6951bf481.png5a9699c2666bb_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings(2).thumb.png.4ae395e1a4c7af8c369e5feb6be5a015.png

Would be nice if this band of showers produce a surprise for the southwest of the region today mind.

5a9699bfb6920_Screenshot-2018-2-28WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(1).thumb.png.15f490fbdc57021e6e3ca6d9bf23ad4e.png

If Friday fails to deliver then this spell will end with the words " was that it?" 2cms of snow yesterday - half of which melted away before mid afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

There is around Edinburgh 

This morning tv presenters have just interrupted the program to announce the scottish warning 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

If Friday fails to deliver then this spell will end with the words " was that it?" 2cms of snow yesterday - half of which melted away before mid afternoon.

Totally agree mate, not a patch on Feb 91 knowhere near! Other parts maybe, but so far our little southwestern corner of the northwest has to be one of the worst areas in the country especially as we are further north than half the UK!

So far I rate it 5/10 simply for cold and the fact it's my first lying snow for 5 years.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The streamer is dying! Uhhh!!!

Awful!! Truly is!!

:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I would rate it 8/10 here, pretty happy with how it’s going. Maybe my expectations are just lower.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Starting to snow here at last. Make that 8.1/10. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I would rate it 8/10 here, pretty happy with how it’s going. Maybe my expectations are just lower.  

Maybe I should rate it more like this.

So far -

Cold - 10/10 (doesn't happen very often)

Snow - 5/10

We should expect snow at least once a Winter in a normal cold spell nevermind an 'epic' one! Hopefully 2 inches isn't all we end up with from it.

Considering Feb 91 was light snow showers at the beginning of the week getting heavier as the week progressed culminating in 6" of proper powder snow by the Friday, and that's the Wirral!

So far, epic? no not here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny or snow

Looking at latest run for Friday, it looks major down grade for Merseyside area :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, cheshire cat said:

Whiteout in Alty, best spell yet today

Down the road in washway rd Sale the small dust gone with the sun.. and now for the last 10 min light snow with the wind but not staying in the ground... impresive at -2.2c not sticking... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Totally agree mate, not a patch on Feb 91 knowhere near! Other parts maybe, but so far our little southwestern corner of the northwest has to be one of the worst areas in the country especially as we are further north than half the UK!

So far I rate it 5/10 simply for cold and the fact it's my first lying snow for 5 years.

Mark out of 10 (so far) 5.5 - 5 for the cold, 0.5 for the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.pngThe feature that Karyo mentioned earlier. Lets hope.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Maybe I should rate it more like this.

So far -

Cold - 10/10 (doesn't happen very often)

Snow - 5/10

We should expect snow at least once a Winter in a normal cold spell nevermind an 'epic' one! Hopefully 2 inches isn't all we end up with from it.

Considering Feb 91 was light snow showers at the beginning of the week getting heavier as the week progressed culminating in 6" of proper powder snow by the Friday, and that's the Wirral!

So far, epic? no not here.

Fair enough. I don’t remember 1991, probably because I was -3. 

Moderate snow now. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

Down the road in washway rd Sale the small dust gone with the sun.. and now for the last 10 min light snow with the wind but not staying in the ground... impresive at -2.2c not sticking... :(

It is the bloody wind! I had no melt here today but i still only have yesterday's cover. All the new snow that fell has been blown away by the gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
3 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.pngThe feature that Karyo mentioned earlier. Lets hope.

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.png.78c5d166d3f4b9e77abd6d48dc5be50d.png

Posted
Just now, Iceaxecrampon said:

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.png.78c5d166d3f4b9e77abd6d48dc5be50d.png

Lol, couldn't of drew it better myself.

• Like 1