Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

Wild gusts of wind happening as I type. Proper blizzard 

15 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

All updated warnings from the Met, the southwest of the region pinning hopes on Friday's band reaching far enough North.

5a9699c75af21_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings.thumb.png.bbb1cff1aa239a01fd0c9ffb1dd19beb.png5a9699c4c3448_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings(1).thumb.png.c7c2aaae74807b0af1f36ba6951bf481.png5a9699c2666bb_Screenshot-2018-2-28Weatherwarnings(2).thumb.png.4ae395e1a4c7af8c369e5feb6be5a015.png

Would be nice if this band of showers produce a surprise for the southwest of the region today mind.

5a9699bfb6920_Screenshot-2018-2-28WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(1).thumb.png.15f490fbdc57021e6e3ca6d9bf23ad4e.png

If Friday fails to deliver then this spell will end with the words " was that it?" 2cms of snow yesterday - half of which melted away before mid afternoon.

Just now, karyo said:

The one north of the Netherlands? Yes, it is moving west/northwest and may interest the northern half of the region tonight.

Some showers also forming in Lincolnshire but more scattered.

That's the one , worth watching ,may develop into a polar low 😂

8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

There is around Edinburgh 

This morning tv presenters have just interrupted the program to announce the scottish warning 

Just now, ian34 said:

This morning tv presenters have just interrupted the program to announce the scottish warning 

:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok:

6 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

If Friday fails to deliver then this spell will end with the words " was that it?" 2cms of snow yesterday - half of which melted away before mid afternoon.

Totally agree mate, not a patch on Feb 91 knowhere near! Other parts maybe, but so far our little southwestern corner of the northwest has to be one of the worst areas in the country especially as we are further north than half the UK!

So far I rate it 5/10 simply for cold and the fact it's my first lying snow for 5 years.

Edited by Day 10

The streamer is dying! Uhhh!!!

Awful!! Truly is!!

:(

I would rate it 8/10 here, pretty happy with how it’s going. Maybe my expectations are just lower.  

Starting to snow here at last. Make that 8.1/10. 

The streamer is already south of the Met Office amber warning zone.

1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I would rate it 8/10 here, pretty happy with how it’s going. Maybe my expectations are just lower.  

Maybe I should rate it more like this.

So far -

Cold - 10/10 (doesn't happen very often)

Snow - 5/10

We should expect snow at least once a Winter in a normal cold spell nevermind an 'epic' one! Hopefully 2 inches isn't all we end up with from it.

Considering Feb 91 was light snow showers at the beginning of the week getting heavier as the week progressed culminating in 6" of proper powder snow by the Friday, and that's the Wirral!

So far, epic? no not here.

2 minutes ago, cheshire cat said:

Whiteout in Alty, best spell yet today

Down the road in washway rd Sale the small dust gone with the sun.. and now for the last 10 min light snow with the wind but not staying in the ground... impresive at -2.2c not sticking... :(

13 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Totally agree mate, not a patch on Feb 91 knowhere near! Other parts maybe, but so far our little southwestern corner of the northwest has to be one of the worst areas in the country especially as we are further north than half the UK!

So far I rate it 5/10 simply for cold and the fact it's my first lying snow for 5 years.

Mark out of 10 (so far) 5.5 - 5 for the cold, 0.5 for the snow.

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.pngThe feature that Karyo mentioned earlier. Lets hope.

Edited by Had Worse

5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Maybe I should rate it more like this.

So far -

Cold - 10/10 (doesn't happen very often)

Snow - 5/10

We should expect snow at least once a Winter in a normal cold spell nevermind an 'epic' one! Hopefully 2 inches isn't all we end up with from it.

Considering Feb 91 was light snow showers at the beginning of the week getting heavier as the week progressed culminating in 6" of proper powder snow by the Friday, and that's the Wirral!

So far, epic? no not here.

Fair enough. I don’t remember 1991, probably because I was -3. 

Moderate snow now. 

Edited by Chris.R

1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

Down the road in washway rd Sale the small dust gone with the sun.. and now for the last 10 min light snow with the wind but not staying in the ground... impresive at -2.2c not sticking... :(

It is the bloody wind! I had no melt here today but i still only have yesterday's cover. All the new snow that fell has been blown away by the gusts.

3 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.pngThe feature that Karyo mentioned earlier. Lets hope.

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.png.78c5d166d3f4b9e77abd6d48dc5be50d.png

Absolutely stonking morning !! Heavy snow showers galore...

Drifts of around 5 to 6 inches up at home apparently..

Edited by northwestsnow

Just now, Iceaxecrampon said:

image.thumb.png.5bf51e9327d46ded86bfb56d2e914091.png.78c5d166d3f4b9e77abd6d48dc5be50d.png

Lol, couldn't of drew it better myself.