North west regional discussion

4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes there seem to be an intensification going on..the last shower was heavy!

Yep belting it down again.

If we keep catching these showers then south Manchester could have its snowiest rush hour since 2010.

Looks great out there. 

Bloody love easterlies!!! 

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Desperate measures now!

Icicles like I've not seen since 2010

BBC1  0100-0200 The snow that never came. With @Cheshire snow @crewecold  @Backtrack @chrisc @captaincroc C.S 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, frosty ground said:

The last shower has merged with the shower behind it meaning continuos light snow.....

Hoping to see some more energy in these showers thou

With temps not expected to get above freezing until saturday night it could be a superb 5 or 6 days of winter weather this...

We have a solid base now..hoping tomorrow provides decent snow showers...its possible.

• Like 1
Just now, Joe Bloggs said:

Yep belting it down again.

If we keep catching these showers then south Manchester could have its snowiest rush hour since 2010.

Looks great out there. 

Bloody love easterlies!!! 

Yes joe i think we are on the same page!!

Down with those crappy north westerlies...

• Like 1
Just now, northwestsnow said:

Yes joe i think we are on the same page!!

I’m just in shock tbh. 

Lowland Manchester. Heavy snow. -3C. What is there not to love? 

The radar shows the showers banding together now. Awesome. :) 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes joe i think we are on the
same page!!

Unless they provide what they did in 2010....but we've had a few 'not so good one's since then'

• Like 1
Just now, Joe Bloggs said:

I’m just in shock tbh. 

Lowland Manchester. Heavy snow. -3C. What is there not to love? 

The radar shows the showers banding together now. Awesome. :) 

Cant see radar joe is it heading towards us?

Are the winds ENE?

Just now, northwestsnow said:

Cant see radar joe is it heading towards us?

Are the winds ENE?

Yes there’s a lot of precipitation upstream, although much of it quite light. I can see it snowing on and off all night tbh. 

Current temp -4C yes -4C!!!! 

1FD9DE86-2AF8-4BF4-A3BF-9662A136588C.png

• Like 2

Just started snowing in Sale. Its been dry so far this evening! Heavier than expected to what the Net Weather radar is showing. Was -2.5c increased to -1.9c in the last few minutes. Looking at the radar, might continue for a little while.

• Like 1

I think most of it's going to be light now...Most of the showers have lost their yellow colours on the net weather radar and dipped into green and light blue shading.  Time to call it quits and see how it lies at 5am tomorrow.

Edited by dodgeredee
1 minute ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Yes there’s a lot of precipitation upstream, although much of it quite light. I can see it snowing on and off all night tbh. 

Current temp -4C yes -4C!!!! 

1FD9DE86-2AF8-4BF4-A3BF-9662A136588C.png

Joe if you pay the Weather pro subscription you get the precipitation kind and future images.. it’s brilliant I find it the most accurate 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, superslick said:

Just started snowing in Sale. Its been dry so far this evening! Heavier than expected to what the Net Weather radar is showing. Was -2.5c increased to -1.9c in the last few minutes. Looking at the radar, might continue for a little while.

I’m in Sale also next to the Delivery Post Office.. nice to see back the snow here after a very light dusting

1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

I’m in Sale also next to the Delivery Post Office.. nice to see back the snow here after a very light dusting

I'm next to Worthington Park! Yes, hopefully, get some more overnight! We don't get much snow in Sale!

8 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

I think most of it's going to be light now...Most of the showers have lost their yellow colours on the net weather radar and dipped into green and light blue shading.  Time to call it quits and see how it lies at 5am tomorrow.

Yes possibly, but even light snow will add to the cover given it is just so cold. Also be aware of showers intensifying over the Pennines. Not sure why it happens, but it does sometimes . 

• Like 1