Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I’d say it’s looking good for all of us atm. Going to get some sleep this evening and get up about 3 AM to track the low. 

• Like 3

Posted

Just seen the meto latest warnings for Friday moving things north -oh the irony! Cue lots of dummy throwing in our direction from the MOD thread and ‘spring is here’ quotes from our southern posters 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Soon as the conditions are not favourable for snow anymore watch us be the wettest part of the country!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Bone dry and bitter shower clouds been shredded as they pass over ,theme of the week to come .

I'll swap you, I'm outside with the workmate sawing wood for a bath frame surround, it's below freezing, windy and snowing on and off, I keep getting looks as if I've just come out of a mental asylum :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Saturday 3 Mar 2018 to Monday 12 Mar 2018:

During the weekend, snow across the UK should slowly peter out from the south, but snow showers remaining in the far north. Across central and southern areas, widespread mist and fog may be slow to clear. Some rain or snow may affect the far south at times, but there is currently a lot of uncertainty at this stage. It will stay cold or very cold across the UK, with brisk winds across the north. During the following week, it is likely to stay cold in the north, but temperatures could become closer to normal in the south. It is looking increasingly likely to be unsettled through the week, with areas of rain and strong winds moving north across the country, perhaps turning to snow across central and northern parts.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 13 Mar 2018 to Tuesday 27 Mar 2018:

A blocked pattern remains most likely across much of the UK, with colder than average conditions, but possibly milder at times in the south and southwest. Further bitterly cold easterly winds are probable, giving a significant wind chill. There will continue to be a risk of snow across some central and northern areas, but in the far north and northwest it should be drier. Frosts will continue to be widespread and severe in places. As we head towards the middle of March it may turn more unsettled and less cold with milder and wetter weather spreading up from the south or southwest. This may lead to further significant snow in places although this remains very uncertain. Northern areas may hang on to the colder weather well into March.

Pretty good update that!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The East has Ceased said:

I'll swap you, I'm outside with the workmate sawing wood for a bath frame surround, it's below freezing, windy and snowing on and off, I keep getting looks as if I've just come out of a mental asylum :cc_confused:

I'm more than happy for it to stay dry as I'm helping mate build an agricultural building , pouring 40 metre of concrete tomorrow ,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I'm more than happy for it to stay dry as I'm helping mate build an agricultural building , pouring 40 metre of concrete tomorrow ,lol

Christ lol, how long will it take to cure in this cold weather :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

3376A6B7-D39D-45ED-B0FA-5D439BEF70A4.thumb.png.071dc0765bdbd4e629da8bbb0f350ec3.png

gfs shows the band pushing through up to Scotland ?????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Jusr checked the MO warnings and I'm in the amber warning area for tonight/ tomorrow.

SK13 postcode. Tried OL8 and thats in the Yellow.

Edited by Had Worse

10 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Christ lol, how long will it take to cure in this cold weather :shok:

Buildings up and  mostly covered  ,there's a big space heater in there to keep it above 4 c  we will tarp off the exposed bit when pours done .

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.bfefa7cce2991f33ec1be752630a32b2.png

Should be here very shortly

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

The GEM is as good as the ICON if not better!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/geme_cartes.php?&ech=240&mode=0&carte=0

Trouble is, which model would you bet your house on.? (All models not just the two you mentioned)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
30 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

3376A6B7-D39D-45ED-B0FA-5D439BEF70A4.thumb.png.071dc0765bdbd4e629da8bbb0f350ec3.png

gfs shows the band pushing through up to Scotland ?????????

......after the usual  Lancashire swerve.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Trouble is, which model would you bet your house on.? (All models not just the two you mentioned)

Even the gfs that loses the cold for a time brings it back again from the north. So the effects of the stratospheric warming should be continued to be felt for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp plummeting now as solar radiation wanes.; 1.2°C. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Looking good for snow through this week currently flurrying here back in Glossop... 

Did you see that we are now invited to the Amber zone party tomorrow?

Posted

Starting to feel pretty cold out there now.       I miss all the warnings bar Fridays, (just in that one).    Looks like we have upgrades on this afternoons models, but nothing that makes me think ill see much snow here.       I hope we got some stonking minimum temps to keep up some interest.

As much as its not ALL about the snow for me* as it is with some of you....but....it would be a shame not to get some when conditions are soooo right for it to stick and stay.

*when i say the snow isnt as important to me, Im not sure if its me or you lot Im trying to convince

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

GFS 12Z has the region down for 12 hrs of ppn Friday  - Saturday.

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.269791c1c59cbc4d1fcdf50f5527d9c0.png