Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Light snow again here. 

So near and yet so far Chris -your literally up the road from me and only a few little flakes here and there here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Just had a nice snow shower. Not sticking yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
7 minutes ago, Linda said:

So near and yet so far Chris -your literally up the road from me and only a few little flakes here and there here 

Well yeah that’s all it was. Not been any proper showers since that one at sunrise. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

lots of heavy disruptive sunshine here:rofl:, although I think I did see about 5 flakes blowing around an hour ago

Posted
16 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Avoiding all forms of media from today.

Do you have no interest in weather other than snow in your backyard?! I understand the frustration but I can’t resist seeing weather reports from anywhere even if they do make me envious.

Posted

I think if you look accross all of the regional forums-north , south , east and west there are lots and lots of similar ‘the snow has missed me’ the snow is rubbish’ it’s not snowing here blah blah I think perhaps everyone got over excited about this week in terms of a ‘once in a lifetime event’ whereas the reality is it’s a winter cold snap-albeit colder than a few years but not as exceptional as people were predicting 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Linda said:

I think if you look accross all of the regional forums-north , south , east and west there are lots and lots of similar ‘the snow has missed me’ the snow is rubbish’ it’s not snowing here blah blah I think perhaps everyone got over excited about this week in terms of a ‘once in a lifetime event’ whereas the reality is it’s a winter cold snap-albeit colder than a few years but not as exceptional as people were predicting 

Or it's only Monday!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Linda said:

If you look at the precipitation charts of the various models, you will see that Monday was not expected to give anything significant other than a few flurries, mainly in the east. It is in the next few days that more potent showers are expected and again eastern areas getting most of those. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

503 DAM thickness with -16 850s by thursday. You don’t get that every winter, maybe once every decade. Give it time. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Nowt happening here, looks to be a decent amount off ppn in the south of the region though:cc_confused:

Posted

The shortwave that will be coming down the country in the early hours has already exited southern Norway and it is travelling across the North Sea. 

It looks like it is travelling quite fast.

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/infraPolair

In a short while we will be able to see the updated precipitation charts from the ICON, gfs and Aprege for the most likely track.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Nowt happening here, looks to be a decent amount off ppn in the south of the region though:cc_confused:

The radar looks worse than what is falling from the sky...a big blob went on the radar but literally a few flakes fell. 

Posted
Just now, captaincroc said:

The radar looks worse than what is falling from the sky...a big blob went on the radar but literally a few flakes fell. 

...but I will say that I was expecting nothing from the skies today and this is all happening before the major uppers hit.. excited to see what could happen.

2 minutes ago, karyo said:

The shortwave that will be coming down the country in the early hours has already exited southern Norway and it is travelling across the North Sea. 

It looks like it is travelling quite fast.

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/infraPolair

In a short while we will be able to see the updated precipitation charts from the ICON, gfs and Aprege for the most likely track.

Yep - I expect this to cross from East to West, but dying out as it crosses. Will give big snowfalls to the East, they will do exceptionally well out of that SW. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
Just now, captaincroc said:

When are the Met Office updating their warnings? As hoping for a westward shift in the Amber warning as most models have it further west than they did yesterday.

Still waiting mate, nothing has updated yet....

The MetOffice right now - :gathering::cc_confused:

Posted
Just now, Day 10 said:

Still waiting mate, nothing has updated yet....

The MetOffice right now - :gathering::cc_confused:

The only thing I think they are doing is awaiting the 12z models for a firmer idea of where? They should get them a bit before and amend if necessary. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

For dry snow the flakes are very big