Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted

It’s 1c here and the wind has picked up. It’s bitter. I’ve not felt wind chill like that in years, if not, ever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, Mountain Snow said:

I just found it on the BBC weather website, forecast for the week ahead.

BBC in ramp mode!

Here's the link for anyone who's missed it :yahoo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43192715

Posted

Best taking each day as it comes for the week ahead. Short-term developments will make a mockery of longer range forecasts. Could be marked differences in short geographical distances. Predicting where, and when and how much snow will occur is a fruitless task at the best of times, and frankly given the pattern ahead, I'm not going to bother, as I simply can't begin toe speculate - hence anyway is at risk of heavy snow.

Posted

The bbc app for my location certainly doesn’t marry up with either the bbc tv forecast or the met office-it has me as having temps of 4 degrees for most of this week and for next sat a temp of seven degrees with sleet!!!! 

Posted

Guys, just focus on the next 2 days and ignore the low at the end of the week. Even the track of Tuesday's little shortwave is not decided yet so don't get overexcited for something so far away.

• Like 2

Posted

36 members in here and nothing is even happening yet! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

Guys, just focus on the next 2 days and ignore the low at the end of the week. Even the track of Tuesday's little shortwave is not decided yet so don't get overexcited for something so far away.

I don’t believe UKMO HI res model will have Tuesday’s low incorrectly modelled.

its going into the midlands and we may catch the tail of it for a dusting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Is it just me who is feeling underwhelmed by our snow prospects this week.

i’m not saying we will miss out completely but looking at the BBC forecast, Tuesdays trough is going to head south into the midlands whilst the bulk of the showers into Wednesday and Thursday are mainly for east and especially NE areas of the country.

Fridays heavy snow and blizzard event, IMO that will be mainly a midlands southwards affair and although it showed it tracking northwards later I can see the usual happening with the northern extent being barely getting to the M62 corridor.

no science in this, just a gut feeling and one that i’m happy to be proved wrong with.

one thing is certain though, it’s going to be bloody cold this week, snow or no snow.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

I don’t believe UKMO HI res model will have Tuesday’s low incorrectly modelled.

its going into the midlands and we may catch the tail of it for a dusting. 

well it better move through cumbria 1st lol

Posted
On 25/02/2018 at 20:29, Day 10 said:

It’s the country file effect! ?

On 25/02/2018 at 20:29, Day 10 said:

Posted

First out the gate tonight and the ICON has this little low tracking over us now.

iconeu_uk1-1-40-0.thumb.png.a97e97e84bd7918a78757174b13b2f95.pngiconeu_uk1-1-41-0.thumb.png.a633fb70371d938bb7654855daca14bb.pngiconeu_uk1-1-42-0.thumb.png.cd1c72c45163d453caa5fec32c593d33.pngiconeu_uk1-1-43-0.thumb.png.bfcc7857b03ae93a0ac78d7168f136d7.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
16 minutes ago, iand61 said:

i’m not saying we will miss out completely but looking at the BBC forecast, Tuesdays trough is going to head south into the midlands whilst the bulk of the showers into Wednesday and Thursday are mainly for east and especially NE areas of the country.

Fridays heavy snow and blizzard event, IMO that will be mainly a midlands southwards affair and although it showed it tracking northwards later I can see the usual happening with the northern extent being barely getting to the M62 corridor.

no science in this, just a gut feeling and one that i’m happy to be proved wrong with.

one thing is certain though, it’s going to be bloody cold this week, snow or no snow.

I understand what you are saying.. for the next 4 days it's sunshine and the odd shower.. Friday is the day we ( could ) get really in the action. All day heavy snow would leave us all happy.. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Couldn’t agree more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The 14th air frost of the winter has just begun; 4th consecutive one. Also earliest onset time of all of them this week. 

Posted

I'm in the bit underwhelmed camp too, but hope my usual pessimistic outlook when it comes to anything wintry is in for a shock surprise or two over the next week or so.  I just keep thinking 'lucky easterners!'

Posted
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

I'm in the bit underwhelmed camp too, but hope my usual pessimistic outlook when it comes to anything wintry is in for a shock surprise or two over the next week or so.  I just keep thinking 'lucky easterners!'

Again, couldn’t agree more

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
15 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Temps really nosediving tomorrow.

iconnh-1-18.thumb.png.35bab7ea4ba1860ea64353920cca0df5.png

Looking Baltic.... In the Baltics.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Let’s see how low this temperature can get before the cold front cloud arrives later, if it’s still doing that. 

Liverpool TAF showing  possible  light snow showers from 12:00. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Hello folks from the A1 in Cordoba, I saw lots of snow about an hour ago in Madrid ? can't believe I am going to miss out back home. I've got rain all week here

• Like 1