Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

E5A77EB5-0090-4C97-93E5-8459E20DD4F2.thumb.png.d0ef49ea221be3474eba8b09af7d2736.png

........aaaaaaannnnnndddd..........................there we have it. 

I hope some with more knowledge than me are gona tell me it’s all ok and we’ll do ok. 

Just x1 snowman with my 3 year old will do! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Not posted much for several years but the beast lured me back in! Memories of the chat-related frustration indicating snow everywhere but western NW! Just hoping for snow surprises that were  unforecastable a day or two before! I'm travelling to  London this evening till Tues evening. Hopefully I'll make it back from the artic wasteland that might become the SE ;-) for a NW blizzard later in the week! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday!

5a92bd2da1d5f_Screenshot-2018-2-25Weatherwarnings.thumb.png.f5bbaf948f4edd14f21205b481e7ca7f.png

Wednesday!

5a92bd2bb2b1a_Screenshot-2018-2-25Weatherwarnings(2).thumb.png.e029dbc2f521757aa67bdecc58d8304b.png

F##k OFF!!!!!!!

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted

I repeat. 

If I get x1 lot of 10cm i’ll be happy. 

If everyone else gets 20/30cm then so be it but i’ll have had a fun time with the kids in the back garden and feel content. 

• Like 2

Posted

7BFB75AE-1E2C-43F1-B37E-BA813BD0F5CD.thumb.gif.835321c03e1485a3c4aba7366df4e18d.gif

This blob on the east coast is causing the amber warning. 

How that band can’t make it to me and give a covering is beyond me. Hopefully will make it. 

Posted

5B89E182-2744-4F59-A0FB-6EFA0AB7AE23.thumb.png.a5a67fea13cf3c33e94f24aa16382acd.png6651E0F7-9AE5-44F8-931C-83C7CF76CC9D.thumb.png.85524ab013184160a0eb61ae0cd919bd.png

Midlands get the snow again!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Really doesn't surprise me, 2010 we managed one snow shower which came all the way from Grimsby, honestly gobsmacked it made it here, which dumped about 2 inches in about in 1 hour, that's the only snow we had from the east, in March 2013 we didn't even manage ONE snow shower, can also remember about 2 inches in Jan 2009 i think which came from the east.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

7BFB75AE-1E2C-43F1-B37E-BA813BD0F5CD.thumb.gif.835321c03e1485a3c4aba7366df4e18d.gif

This blob on the east coast is causing the amber warning. 

How that band can’t make it to me and give a covering is beyond me. Hopefully will make it. 

It’s becuase it’s due to track SW rather than west, but it might change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Image result for elevation map of uk

That's an elevation map, that's why i stand about a 1% chance of seeing snow.

Posted
4 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

There you go as predicted everything gone and we just wait for the rain as always.

Hardly!

Posted

Got to say I have lost a lot of confidence in this spell having much impact in this region now. The coldest air is just not being projected to be over us long enough to create enough instability. We need the block to not head to Canada or another  pressure rise over Scandinavia

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Darren Bown said:

Hardly!

Every cold snap has gone the same. I wouldn't of bet the sun rise on this going the same way. It has. I can not wait for the milder, wetter spring weather now to be honest.

Posted
1 minute ago, Wardlegacy said:

Got to say I have lost a lot of confidence in this spell having much impact in this region now. The coldest air is just not being projected to be over us long enough to create enough instability. We need the block to not head to Canada or another  pressure rise over Scandinavia

There’s just as much confidence today as there was yesterday really. West of the Pennines hasn’t been in any firing line yet, we need to wait to see if something develops.

Posted
1 minute ago, gearbox100 said:

Every cold snap has gone the same. I wouldn't of bet the sun rise on this going the same way. It has. I can not wait for the milder, wetter spring weather now to be honest.

Not really. This cold spell is totally different to any other, the previous ones were wrong temperatures and DPs. This one is a lack of moisture. Couldn’t really be much more different.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

There’s just as much confidence today as there was yesterday really. West of the Pennines hasn’t been in any firing line yet, we need to wait to see if something develops.

Places like me close to the Pennines were more in the firing line before today. My confidence has slipped because I thought with time we would get the snow, now with milder air making inroads at the weekend we haven’t got much time.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

Places like me close to the Pennines were more in the firing line before today. My confidence has slipped because I thought with time we would get the snow, now with milder air making inroads at the weekend we haven’t got much time.

It’s only milder from 1 batch of model runs, and that’s more for the south. Metoffice are still showing a significant snow event for Friday, even if it is for the south. The milder air almost needs to creep into the south for it to be better for us, as the snow will move north.

Posted
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

It’s only milder from 1 batch of model runs, and that’s more for the south. Metoffice are still showing a significant snow event for Friday, even if it is for the south. The milder air almost needs to creep into the south for it to be better for us, as the snow will move north.

Fair enough. Maybe I am being a little negative about prospects.