Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

May the fourth be with you ,( I need to put my teeth in ... 

5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

May the fourth be with you ,( I need to put my teeth in ... )

Sorry bud ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

My post in the MAD thread lasted all of 60 seconds

"I don't understand why people are still focusing on the end of the week, anyone would think Mon - Fri is mild, wet & windy"

duly deleted! What a joke!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted

I would take the mad Friday forecast from the GFS, doubt it will happen but it may be the only chance some of us in the West of the region may get for snow/blizzards based on past experience of shiterlies.

Edited by johnwirral
  • Like 1

Posted

Well lets kick off with the good news-

meto text tues to thu-

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Snow showers are likely to be more frequent, widespread and heavier as we head through the week, with significant snow accumulations for some. Even colder too with significant wind chill.

gfs 54 hours

No chart available for the selected hour. Many charts start at 3 hours ahead, so if you have 0 hours selected try stepping forward or selecting a later hour.

81hrs

No chart available for the selected hour. Many charts start at 3 hours ahead, so if you have 0 hours selected try stepping forward or selecting a later hour.

BBC text not as good but does mention a period of snow tues and showers thereafter, but no mention of accumulations ?

The apps are also looking a bit meh but we all know how fickle they are..

Hoping the apps start to match the meto text over the next 24 hours :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Absolutely epic forecast from metoffice as shown above. It's almost here folks. Manchester Airport TAF forecasting light snow showers from 05:00 onwards tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I know the automated metoffice forecast can only be taken as s guide but it has max temps  IMBY of 1, 1, -1, -1, 0 from tomorrow onwards. Any snow accumulating should certainly stick around. This is going to be perfect powder snow! Hopefully the whole region joins in with the fun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Wow; look at this latest met further outlook. Suggests models are being way over progressive. 

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Thursday 1 Mar 2018 to Saturday 10 Mar 2018:

March will begin very cold with sunshine and snow showers, these continuing to bring some accumulations especially across eastern parts. Friday could see heavier and disruptive snow developing across southern and some central areas, combined with strong to gale force easterly winds, leading to blizzard conditions. However, there is a lot of uncertainty with this. Thereafter, it is likely to remain very cold through early March with further snow showers in the east and southeast. The best of the sunshine is likely in the west, but all areas will feel bitterly cold in strong winds with a significant wind chill. Overnight frost will be widespread and severe in places. At times, it may turn more unsettled and less cold across the west and southwest.

UK Outlook for Sunday 11 Mar 2018 to Sunday 25 Mar 2018:

The start of this period is likely to remain very cold across much of the UK, with bitterly cold easterly winds giving a significant wind chill. There will continue to be a risk of snow across southern, eastern and some central areas, but in the north and west it should be drier. Frosts will continue to be widespread and severe in places. As we head towards the middle of March it may turn more unsettled and less cold with milder and wetter weather spreading up from the south or southwest. This may lead to further significant snow in places although this remains very uncertain. Northern areas may hang on to the colder weather well into March.

Updated: 01:53 on Sun 25 Feb 2018 GMT

• Like 2

Posted

Monday night into tues should produce a covering for many in our region..

With temps forecast to struggle to get above freezing until saturday and a bout of heavy snow on friday im hopeful many might be able to get the sledges out !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold, hot sunny summer's and autumn storms
4 minutes ago, geri said:

Crikey there are some stroppy postings over on the main thread! You can’t please all the people all the time weather is weather !  

There already talking about the beast breaking up! And it hasnt even kicked in yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/Snow/Storms

Even the national outlook for Tuesday is amazing.  Very unlikely to see this again. A ramp from the MO

DCACCC1E-0419-4127-B37D-2D094961CA91.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
8 hours ago, Day 10 said:

My post in the MAD thread lasted all of 60 seconds

"I don't understand why people are still focusing on the end of the week, anyone would think Mon - Fri is mild, wet & windy"

duly deleted! What a joke!!!!!

Yes I saw that. Yet the Netweather comedians and certain people can post off topic all the time and their post remain. 

It seems Admins and Mods are afraid to offend them by removing their post.

Posted

Just picked a couple of charts from the mode thread that might be interesting to us early (Tuesday) and then for later in the week.

68807BDA-C803-45FA-9231-7EE3B2FC4D4C.png

3C825950-1253-4EC8-A28D-73DC529BF71B.png

Edited by Darren Bown
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Darren Bown said:

Just picked a couple of charts from the mode thread that might be interesting to us for later in the week.

68807BDA-C803-45FA-9231-7EE3B2FC4D4C.png

3C825950-1253-4EC8-A28D-73DC529BF71B.png

dreaded rain shadow !

TBH if we get a good 5 cm tues i will be happy despite what fri may bring. :)

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

dreaded rain shadow !

TBH if we get a good 5 cm tues i will be happy despite what fri may bring. :)

It is better for the west of the region, these areas have been terrible for settling snow this year. I’ve had no more than a dusting this year. The least snow since moving here in early 2014.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

meto app picking up on light snow showers for tomorrow here.

Likewise

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A dusting or 2/3inches from Monday’s Tuesday’s band???

anyone know? 

Posted

It's good to be on the cusp of a proper wintry week ahead.  Yes obviously Eastern areas are like kids on Christmas eve, but I'm hopeful with the strength of the winds a few showers should survive the trip over the pennine & peak district tops to leave a covering in our parts.  I'm expecting Friday's low to trend further south as the week goes on, we will probably stay on the cold side for longer

Posted
Just now, dodgeredee said:

It's good to be on the cusp of a proper wintry week ahead.  Yes obviously Eastern areas are like kids on Christmas eve, but I'm hopeful with the strength of the winds a few showers should survive the trip over the pennine & peak district tops to leave a covering in our parts.  I'm expecting Friday's low to trend further south as the week goes on, we will probably stay on the cold side for longer

Would be nice for the fronts to get this far north but with an easterly then retreat south again.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Spah1 said:

A dusting or 2/3inches from Monday’s Tuesday’s band???

anyone know? 

not sure, we will have to see what the met office think, would imagine they might give a bit more detail to the warning later this morning..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A lovely sunny start to the day here but with a strong gusty wind so I imagine it will be perishing outside.

our bedroom faces south east and I was woken by the sun flashing on and off like an indicator but before thoughts of the end of the world coming could get the better of me I realised it was flicker from one of the turbines on the ridge above the town. Never seen it before though.

another thing I can’t remember ever seeing before was the ramp on the BBC news 24 forecast.

lots of heavy snow, blizzards, wind chill as low as -15c, and mentions of serious disruption and dangerous conditions.

they are certainly bigging this up now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, iand61 said:

A lovely sunny start to the day here but with a strong gusty wind so I imagine it will be perishing outside.

our bedroom faces south east and I was woken by the sun flashing on and off like an indicator but before thoughts of the end of the world coming could get the better of me I realised it was flicker from one of the turbines on the ridge above the town. Never seen it before though.

another thing I can’t remember ever seeing before was the ramp on the BBC news 24 forecast.

lots of heavy snow, blizzards, wind chill as low as -15c, and mentions of serious disruption and dangerous conditions.

they are certainly bigging this up now.

I'm off to interact with said perishing wind soon will let you know how it goes ,lol