Mokidugway

North west regional discussion

GFS doesn’t want much on Monday night but  does have potential  and Mett/BBC seem quite confident.  

13 minutes ago, Dexter said:

ITV signed up the metoffice on a new contract during Oct 2016. Who provides BBC weather now?

Meteogroup 

• Thanks 1

Oh a new thread, morning everyone, happy new thread!! :D

So only in the NW of England can we go to bed with a cold, hard frost and wake up in the morning to default rain, you really can't make this stuff up!! lol

Not only that torrential, heaviest I've seen this year including s the storm I was in when in SA 

GFS does show a little snow for Wednesday morning but with a very tenuous atmospheric profile. Freezing levels are low but between 1000–5000 ft the temperature is only around -1. Anyway that’s 4 days away  

17 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Not only that torrential, heaviest I've seen this year including s the storm I was in when in SA 

I'm starting to think it's my fault, I keep going to bed on a Friday thinking I really must get the cars cleaned tomorrow cos they are both filthy and it's doing my head in, hence it rains every Saturday!!! 

Sleet here at the moment turning into heavy rain. Snow line looks to be over 200metres today.

3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Well im off to bed for a couple of hours as i been up since 4am- off to Blackburn at dinner time to watch footy,incidentally Blackburn looks very well placed tomorrow acc to euro4..

ECM looks like its about to give up on the easterly so all eggs in tomorrow basket for us..

Ill believe that when i see it

Just now, chicken soup said:

Ill believe that when i see it

haha - we'll see.

6Z gfs again brings plenty of snow but im not sure i believe GFS precip charts even at 24 hours, unless its rain when of course it will always be right.

Enjoy the game today, 2500 making the short journey from Oldham, should be a cracking atmosphere, our fans are amazingly vocal esp away from home.

Just now, northwestsnow said:

haha - we'll see.

6Z gfs again brings plenty of snow but im not sure i believe GFS precip charts even at 24 hours, unless its rain when of course it will always be right.

Enjoy the game today, 2500 making the short journey from Oldham, should be a cracking atmosphere, our fans are amazingly vocal esp away from home.

Yeah ...looking forward to today...been some cracking games between us two teams over the years.....i used to love going to oldham...remember getting thrown out one year as a kid for chucking snowballs on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Yeah ...looking forward to today...been some cracking games between us two teams over the years.....i used to love going to oldham...remember getting thrown out one year as a kid for chucking snowballs on the pitch.

That’s back in the day when we used to get snow.

i think i’d struggle to make anything from what we’ve got on the ground now unless I put it in a glass, stick some red dye in it and sell it as strawberry slush.

usual irony is that if the amount of rain that has fallen in the last couple of hours had been snow we’d have had the heaviest fall for several years but it wasn’t and the roads were like rivers.

all eyes on tomorrow.

Heavy sleet here. Was rain but its clearly got melting flakes on the car windscreen.

No grren or pink on the radar either so proves it can be relied upon.

Edited by Had Worse

13 minutes ago, iand61 said:

That’s back in the day when we used to get snow.

i think i’d struggle to make anything from what we’ve got on the ground now unless I put it in a glass, stick some red dye in it and sell it as strawberry slush.

usual irony is that if the amount of rain that has fallen in the last couple of hours had been snow we’d have had the heaviest fall for several years but it wasn’t and the roads were like rivers.

all eyes on tomorrow.

Always seems to be that way ...guaranteed the ppn will will come when its rain...yet wont when it is snow.

At 2c this morning it was snowing, at 2.5c now it is all rain without even a bit of sleet.

oh the joy of the north west’s most common import, the mild sector :wallbash:

Still chucking it down just looked out of window and I can see pendle hill in the distance it looked like it might have a covering off snow but I'm not sure

Very windy now somebody's recycling box on the move 

1 hour ago, griff74 said:

Oh a new thread, morning everyone, happy new thread!! :D

So only in the NW of England can we go to bed with a cold, hard frost and wake up in the morning to default rain, you really can't make this stuff up!! lol

Didn't even get the frost 😂 it's 7degrees now too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

4c here

Crap here 

1 hour ago, chicken soup said:

Haha..think i was there that day..

Careful today just read there are 2hundred of our not rights on their way..

:-(

Edited by northwestsnow

54 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Heavy sleet here. Was rain but its clearly got melting flakes on the car windscreen.

No grren or pink on the radar either so proves it can be relied upon.

Ppn type is computed using NWP and METAR obs. 

49 minutes ago, iand61 said:

At 2c this morning it was snowing, at 2.5c now it is all rain without even a bit of sleet.

oh the joy of the north west’s most common import, the mild sector :wallbash:

850s were negative earlier, now positive so no surprise there.