Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Despite the low temperatures still and sub zero dew points, it's amazing how quick the snow has vanished. There is very little left here now.

its been a great week Kev :)

Another generation of snow lovers has been born :D

Posted
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

FWIW i thought the media vastly under estimated the potential for severe weather on the western foothills of the pennines- even tues evening the north west tonight forecast talked of light snow showers when in reality my location was on the cusp of a 36 hour blizzard !!

It was crazy during Thursday, I thought it was actually quite dangerous to be out in for any length of time.  The icy wind storm was like those movies you see when people are trekking through the north pole.  I looked at the apps and forecasts the day before Thursday and all it had was slate grey cloud and strong winds.  It was light to moderate snow all day and gale force easterly.  Yet 5-10 miles west it would have been much different.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Despite the low temperatures still and sub zero dew points, it's amazing how quick the snow has vanished. There is very little left here now.

Had a full covering when we left the house at 11am but now back and about a quarter has melted, the grass is now showing in south facing parts around the house. Looking like a full melt by this time tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Well now that pathetic snow event (for me) is over ,I'm on countdown for Cyprus in 14 days:yahoo::drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Probably ended up with the least snow in England and Wales, awesome.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Probably ended up with the least snow in England and Wales, awesome.

Yes i feel sorry for the guys in the west and north west of our region :(

You really need a polar north westerly up there as the north pennines are a killer for you guys.

For me its east or north easterlies or bust, the thing with easterlies or north easterlies for my location is there is very little hills acting as a block.

Hoping for more of the same in nov/dec/jan later this year :D

2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes i feel sorry for the guys in the west and north west of our region :(

You really need a polar north westerly up there as the north pennines are a killer for you guys.

For me its east or north easterlies or bust, the thing with easterlies or north easterlies for my location is there is very little hills acting as a block.

Hoping for more of the same in nov/dec/jan later this year :D

South easterly will dump loads on me if it's right ,marra on the other hand is fooooooooooked ,lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
5 hours ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

What are they saying on the gardening form?

still think your scaremongering!

Nope they're very clear about how it's turned out. If only they'd taken it more seriously from the beginning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Latest text forecast

Headline:

Further sleet and snow likely.

This Evening and Tonight:

There will be further outbreaks of sleet and snow this evening and tonight, and the wind will stay strong. Frost and ice will also be a risk, and it will still feel cold. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Sunday:

The wind will be lighter tomorrow, however there will still be bands of rain, sleet and snow through the day. The snow will become confined to higher ground though. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Salwick 

Fylde Coast 

Beast from the East  E6506B66-1AAD-4DE1-9F03-D79A31472F5E.thumb.jpeg.e5093c0e17701db88cb84b6efade53ef.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

So now that the temps have nudged up just enough to mean ppn will be more sleety than snow, the ppn heading north later will likely fall as sleety rain, not disintegrate in the slightest and hit the NW directly without dieing out before it does.

Edited by i luv snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Latest text forecast

Headline:

Further sleet and snow likely.

This Evening and Tonight:

There will be further outbreaks of sleet and snow this evening and tonight, and the wind will stay strong. Frost and ice will also be a risk, and it will still feel cold. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Sunday:

The wind will be lighter tomorrow, however there will still be bands of rain, sleet and snow through the day. The snow will become confined to higher ground though. Maximum temperature 5 °C.

hirlamuk-1-9-0.thumb.png.037492562dbfa546cb26a13863a2ba9b.pnghirlamuk-1-10-0.thumb.png.f74d26ef1f85d55259867067ddf0ce2c.pnghirlamuk-1-11-0.thumb.png.8ab26db0e785ba2820332fba37a73208.png

hirlamuk-1-12-0.thumb.png.3195581907d606db7502d36757092b70.pnghirlamuk-1-13-0.thumb.png.5bed70bd139787e720f7d793d0ed3e92.pnghirlamuk-1-14-0.thumb.png.d73412160074482e78724e4f2fc35e22.png

hirlamuk-1-15-0.thumb.png.5b117ab0ec9a20d21bcb3e0b386a727c.pnghirlamuk-1-16-0.thumb.png.dc2329d5ceefdbd9525f737fd2437c42.pnghirlamuk-1-17-0.thumb.png.48bb666638ed463ff262f7e91ef69a0b.png

hirlamuk-1-18-0.thumb.png.d8df77fb9adf2f2a373d639475dac37f.pnghirlamuk-1-19-0.thumb.png.e5720cc5626400be3c75b8c610efd7be.pnghirlamuk-1-20-0.thumb.png.3bac1343cc972e65df7d2f7103df6841.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think theres still chance for bit of snow tonight if the skies clear long enough before wet weather heads north over our region.

The snow cover here is almost gone now.

Edited by pip22

Posted
1 minute ago, pip22 said:

I think theres still chance for bit of snow tonight if the skies clear long enough before wet weather heads north over our region.

Ha Ha

Class  - i'm really not that bothered.

Posted

St Ives

Thats Cornwall  - we've been there once or twice.

917bef76-f7ba-4481-ae69-b35ffd5f36b2.thumb.jpg.1ebd5ad2e7adb20921bdbd8155cd942d.jpg

....in Summer

Posted

anyone else had a haze all day? Visibility hasn’t been the best, and it’s still windy!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Very hazy ,lots of continental dust blown deep out west .

That makes sense. Wasn’t sure if my windows and glasses were dirty, though they actually are with all this foreign muck in the air?