Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

About to stop now. Don’t know if it will start again or not. Got just over a cm. Amazing. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Interestingly, on the other forum they are also talking about summer this year being cool and perhaps wet, followed by a memorable winter 2018-19...just as I was saying earlier...

Interesting that Mr Gaze has said he has already mulled this over as a possibility.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

What I find astonishing is that it hasn’t stopped snowing here for almost 3 days, yet there’s hardly any snow cover. Last nights has stuck, but looks like it’s been blown around again 

Posted
On 24 February 2018 at 19:17, Chris.R said:

WTF my mod thread post got deleted in 30 seconds. Quite p**sed off now as it wasn’t that off topic compared to a lot of the utter tripe  in there tonight. 

I thought it was you Chris, who have had posts deleted in that thread and yet Steve Murr is allowed to post photos of his snow scenes and say adieu until next winter in that thread?

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yes just a dusting here but nice to see nevertheless 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
41 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I thought it was you Chris, who have had posts deleted in that thread and yet Steve Murr is allowed to post photos of his snow scenes and say adieu until next winter in that thread?

Yes, it's getting quite emotional in there, like seeing a loved one off at the station that you won't see for several months. How are forum members going to cope until next winter...lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Be quick ,see what I posted in mod thread ?

?

10 minutes wow.

Now 15 mins

Now 20 mins

Edited by Had Worse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It would have been nice if this cold spell had gone out with a decent breakdown snowfall. Sadly, looks like going out with a whimper with a gradual rise in temperature and often damp conditions. Joy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Just a light coating here but enough for my son to be excited and rush outside ?? Happy ?

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Be quick ,see what I posted in mod thread ?

You forgot the riding off into sunset photo, "Don't worry you all here, I'll be back in time for next winter" 

enhance

To the tune of the Magnificent Seven or the Big Country :laugh:

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Surprise dusting of dry powdery snow blowing in the wind,the Beast is saying goodbye, it did however say.

"I'll Be Back"

Andy

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

A cm cover here, lovely. Well if we sign off Winter like this it's better than nowt after the last few days epic fails.

According to HIRLAM the snow is back here in 1 hour, HIRLAM fast becoming my fave short term model and not because it's showing snow again but because I have found it to have been pretty accurate over this cold spell and this Winter in general. Only started to use it this Winter but so far I have been impressed.

hirlamuk-1-9-0.thumb.png.6e414672fc6931ae5746f24443a7017a.pnghirlamuk-1-10-0.thumb.png.d987a37acb54c1d0bca05951b5ff8df8.png

9am & 10am

• Like 4

Posted

Ever so slight light snow falling. Still just below freezing. It would be nice if the end of this cold spell came with high pressure and increasingly warm sunny days, rather than the damp greyness forecast. Still, it’s been a good week. 

Posted

Gone very dark, a few small flakes starting to fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
48 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

A cm cover here, lovely. Well if we sign off Winter like this it's better than nowt after the last few days epic fails.

According to HIRLAM the snow is back here in 1 hour, HIRLAM fast becoming my fave short term model and not because it's showing snow again but because I have found it to have been pretty accurate over this cold spell and this Winter in general. Only started to use it this Winter but so far I have been impressed.

hirlamuk-1-9-0.thumb.png.6e414672fc6931ae5746f24443a7017a.pnghirlamuk-1-10-0.thumb.png.d987a37acb54c1d0bca05951b5ff8df8.png

9am & 10am

Hope it comes off for you but I was showing light snow overnight here and nothing fell so i’m Certainly not optimistic for the blues showing over the southern Pennines.

one thing is certain though......the wind is still howling here and it’s going to be bloody cold sat on the Turf for the lunchtime footy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Drizzle here now. Definitely of the liquid variety 

Posted
18 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Hope it comes off for you but I was showing light snow overnight here and nothing fell so i’m Certainly not optimistic for the blues showing over the southern Pennines.

one thing is certain though......the wind is still howling here and it’s going to be bloody cold sat on the Turf for the lunchtime footy.

Hi mate,

Nevermind the blues over the Pennines, i'm hoping for a massive 3 points for the blues today, time for snow to take a back seat far more important issues now.

We have only won once away all year, not all season, all year! Playing terrible football so my hope is very slim. Sadly a feel you will get your first win in a while today.

I take it it is still on? Roads ok?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Interestingly, on the other forum they are also talking about summer this year being cool and perhaps wet, followed by a memorable winter 2018-19...just as I was saying earlier...

Interesting that Mr Gaze has said he has already mulled this over as a possibility.

What did you get in terms of snow?