Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

Anyone got radar latest? Latest suggest ppn is still.pushing north towards Manc area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The road looks icy in Douglas on the IOM webcam 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
1 minute ago, Sn0wmad79 said:

Anyone got radar latest? Latest suggest ppn is still.pushing north towards Manc area

It' not likely to affect us now bud. Nothing to our east and not making northern movement our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I think northern Scotland should have had a red warning, every time i've looked at the radar in the last 48 hours that area north of Inverness has been getting pounded.

19 minutes ago, Sn0wmad79 said:

I think that's all for just about all of us in the region, at least until the sun rises.  

The red arrows on the image show the current wind direction, but not its intensity.  

NW.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Got around 10cm here now from continuous snowfall from the last 8 hours. Not a lot compared to what some of you have had this week but I'm pretty happy with it :D 

Thought I'd post this on here instead of the 'South Wales Thread' so I could escape their toy throwing/showing off:rofl:

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Light snow. -0.5 C, Not dropping because of the cloud. DP -5. Nothing marginal in the slightest. 

• Like 1

Posted

Kudos to the Volunteers, MRT teams, Farmers, emergency services in and around the Peak District this past 48hr who have been out rescuing stranded drivers and delivering supplies to villages cut-off due to the conditions. One MRT crewmember I know has been non-stop on minimal sleep since Tuesday keeping up with the forecasts and running out on calls, certainly puts things into perspective when the local townsfolk complain about shops being closed in comparison to being stranded for hours on a Motorway.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 3

Posted

Snowdonia getting belted by Emma, but the line of PPN cuts off from Stoke-on-Trent to Peterborough, plenty more coming up from the channel but tonight's easterly showers that were supposed to be crossing into the NW from Lincs have yet to materialize.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Would like the cloud to clear a bit so we can get some distance between the temperature and freezing point. 

16 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Snowdonia getting belted by Emma, but the line of PPN cuts off from Stoke-on-Trent to Peterborough, plenty more coming up from the channel but tonight's easterly showers that were supposed to be crossing into the NW from Lincs have yet to materialize.

I think that there's a chance that once the sun starts to warm things up tomorrow morning then we could see the remaining southern bands gain enough energy to keep going north for a little further.  At least that's my interpretation of the rationale behind the weather warnings further into the north west for tomorrow.  

Having said that, I didn't see any forecasts predict the intensity of the wind in this region tonight, it is certainly disruptive and it's full-on blowing to the west directly.  So who knows.  

Edited by CloudyBay
  • Like 1

Posted

Liverpool TAF suggests the front will make it by evening tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Never thought I'd see 80mph winds coming from the East... The polar opposite to the direction they normally come from.  It's blowing down the chimney shaft like a demented spirit.

Posted

It's really strange as from my experience, whenever we get a strong NEly wind, the can pack quite a punch, yet a strong SWly doesn't seen to have quite the same strength albeit you can sometimes hear the roar of the wind at times in the distance and being on the prom is like being in a different climate at times! 

Radar is showing PPN in Barrow, anything to report in Ulverston MokI? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

Snowing lightly here again. Wind is brutal and finger numbing too.

Posted

It’s being enhanced by the katabatic effect blowing off high ground to the east.  This week the West Coast has affectively been acting like a dry valley. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Wind is really howling here with some very potent gusts. House is really creaking. This is really quite severe. Warning definitely warranted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Walked the mile from my drop off from work last night. Never experienced windchill like it at sea level. Really finger numbing. House is at sea  the wind blowing from an odd direction across the snowless fields. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 hours ago, shadowfax said:

A massive tree has come down in my dads garden so I’ve had to go and bring him back to mine as it’s rather close to his house. 

Sorry to hear that Sf, hope everything turns out ok but these winds are terrible.

i don’t know whether it is the excessive speed of the gusts or the unusual direction but the entire house seems to be creaking and the noise from the trees across the road is constant.

Posted

According to the latest Met Office text for Sunday to Tuesday 

"Winds will become lighter, but frosts will remain widespread and severe."

Then I look at the forecast minima temperatures for my area....from 0C to 1C

What a joke....

• Thanks 1

Posted

morning all. The wind was brutal last night and still is, our room is east facing so it’s had me up half the night. I even dreamt about the wind!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
11 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

morning all. The wind was brutal last night and still is, our room is east facing so it’s had me up half the night. I even dreamt about the wind!

Its ok i nearly woke up in the land of oz!!