Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
Just now, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Wonder if it was this snowless in 1962/62, 1978/79, 1987, 1991 etc

I would think so yes.  We've had a bit more than a cm here most of it came Monday night and there have been a few dustings since but there is a real precipitation gap from Wigan/Warrington area up to the Kendal area. Will always be the same I'm afraid if it's snow you're after you could not have picked a worse place to live. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
26 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Well what a horribly dull, depressing, windy and bitterly cold day. 

Some spring warmth now please! 

Hear Hear 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

62 /63 was on furness peninsula 47 had a metre of snow

it was snowless in 62/63?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Well guys you couldn't make it up. I am in south west England right now, in north Devon. A day of snowstorms was forecasted for today and tonight. They missed my location and I am in the only part of Devon that has no accumulations of snow. to the the south east and west of me there are talks of accumulations of up to 30cm, I genuinely have got a dusting. Snow set to hit tonight looks like it will miss me. Words fail me since there are no words which can describe how sad, lonely and gut-wrenched I feel right now. Starting to wonder if my life is destained to be a total failure.

Edited by Barmada_Casten

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bloody hell if they reckon that the worst of the winds have yet to arrive then it’s going to be a wild night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I am now hoping the wind strong enough to blow snow from the hills to here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Well guys you couldn't make it up. I am in south west England right now, in north Devon. A day of snowstorms was forecasted for today and tonight. They missed my location and I am in the only part of Devon that has no accumulations of snow. to the the south east and west of me there are talks of accumulations of up to 30cm, I genuinely have got a dusting. Snow set to hit tonight looks like it will miss me. Words fail me since there are no words which can describe how sad, lonely and gut-wrenched I feel right now. StEting to wonder if my life is destained to be a total failure.

We should start a group for depressed people who live in snowless areas

5 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Well guys you couldn't make it up. I am in south west England right now, in north Devon. A day of snowstorms was forecasted for today and tonight. They missed my location and I am in the only part of Devon that has no accumulations of snow. to the the south east and west of me there are talks of accumulations of up to 30cm, I genuinely have got a dusting. Snow set to hit tonight looks like it will miss me. Words fail me since there are no words which can describe how sad, lonely and gut-wrenched I feel right now. Starting to wonder if my life is destained to be a total failure.

You big drama queen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
Just now, Spurry said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Time to see the doc about antidepressants lol

Posted

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/

Northern Rail has announced that all trains have been cancelled on the Buxton line tonight, because of the snow. There has been severe disruption and delays on the route for a number of hours, because of the weather and broken down trains.
All buses stopped running early in the day - have to count our blessings - think of anyone needing urgent medical attention - No Trains, No Buses, Every outgoing Road Closed, No Local Hospitals.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It was here yes according to family members 

:rofl:wow doesn't surprise me one bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Spurry said:

What do we call it?

Snowmaritans

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

You have to be a troll or the most unlucky guy on the planet haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/Snow/Storms
23 minutes ago, Spurry said:

You couldn't make it up could you , Spot the town of Wigan on the map :nonono:

DXOna4aWsAAUdJd.jpg

That graphic for Saturday looks like a character from the Simpsons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Bloody hell if they reckon that the worst of the winds have yet to arrive then it’s going to be a wild night.

Yeah strange, the wind has actually been worse than the storms we had last year and is blowing my aluminium conservatory apart. Even stranger how its gone clear to from the whiteout weve had all day. Need more snow!!! :)

Posted

Fohn Effect?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
Just now, benricky said:

You have to be a troll or the most unlucky guy on the planet haha

I have been accused of being a troll but I'm am being honest. I am in south west england right now and have seen a dusting of snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
2 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Plenty of people will be laughing at me in here I know I am not popular in the slightest. Today should have been a nailed on epic. All around me talks of 39 cm depths and I have a dusting. Struggling to come to terms with this.

I do feel very sad for you ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Sn0wmad79 said:

Yeah strange, the wind has actually been worse than the storms we had last year and is blowing my aluminium conservatory apart. Even stranger how its gone clear to from the whiteout weve had all day. Need more snow!!! :)

It’s really strong but the unusual direction seems to be making things even worse.