Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
Just now, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Didnt you have like 3 inches weeks ago in that NW'ly and 3 inches again this week? could be a lot worse mate

Yes we did. A little over 2 inches this week, but what we had this week is shite snow, it blows everywhere, you can't make a snowman out of, it disappears as soon as the sun comes out, you can see the grass and the tarmac on the drive. I'm just grumpy because I use to live in tyne and wear and could be under a foot or more of snow right now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
21 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

You mean they dont turn up or you wait for one and three come along at the same time.

You wait 25 years for one and then two come along at once. ?

Posted

Bit of hope-casting, but there's a band on the rate heading out of France now that looks further East than Forecast.

Wonder if its far East enough to be rotated towards us, without breaking up over hills etc.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/radar/lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Edited by johnwirral

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
9 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

IS The stuff in Cheshire on the radar actually that heavy? I’m back from the meeting and seem to be right on the edge all of that snow. It looks like snow outside but it’s doing nothing.

Yeah it is the flakes aren't massive but it's added a couple of cms this afternoon here and more will probably stick tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Another pic from Buxton this hour, just off the A6 near Dove Holes

Untitled.thumb.jpg.af5aab081e0247c028ce557af2ca315a.jpg

Conditions really deteriorating rapidly now with clouds of snow being picked up by winds gusting to over 50mph. This coupled with light snow and further drifting.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summerstorm said:

Yeah it is the flakes aren't massive but it's added a couple of cms this afternoon here and more will probably stick tonight. 

Really hope t gets here. I’m right on the edge of it and have been for the last hour. I may just be too North.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, johnwirral said:

Bit of hope-casting, but there's a band on the rate heading out of France now that looks further East than Forecast.

Wonder if its far East enough to be rotated towards us, without breaking up over hills etc.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/radar/lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Need these greens and darker blues to hold it together and make it here.

5a98331d138c0_Screenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(6).thumb.png.d57bb0e85702b5f9f1bd2105460cbb9f.png

Posted

:D i've not a clue, here in Whaley it's around £450 p/m depending on locality. Got to feel sorry for a few folks having to book hotel rooms for the second night in a row as Transpeak/199 aren't going anywhere near the town center and only the train is running north to Manchester, with a intermittent schedule. I'm fortunate in that if i'd got stuck in Buxton yesterday i'd have just grabbed a bottle of lucozade and can walk it the 3hr back home over the tops, already had the boots and winter gear on anyway but luckily I just caught the last 199 bus to make it out of town since 1:10pm yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
15 minutes ago, Darren Bown said:

IS The stuff in Cheshire on the radar actually that heavy? I’m back from the meeting and seem to be right on the edge all of that snow. It looks like snow outside but it’s doing nothing.

Well I can't speak for the stuff just west of here but here it just a few grains falling. 

Posted

Wind crazy, must be 40mph gusting 70mph + trees bent over branches breaking off trees, drifting is mental....don’t think it’s even snowing just blowing snow off the hills but it’s a white out....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Well I can't speak for the stuff just west of here but here it just a few grains falling. 

Just for one minute there Crewe I thought your post was going to start with Heavy Snow......

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Light/moderate horizontal snow continues...lying snow blowing around all over the place.

Meanwhile in the (South) Wales regional thread, toys flying out of prams because they haven't had what they were anticipating. Chortle...Arf...Snigger. :D:oops::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just now, Carl46Wrexham said:

Light/moderate horizontal snow continues...lying snow blowing around all over the place.

Meanwhile in the (South) Wales regional thread, toys flying out of prams because they haven't had what they were anticipating. Chortle...Arf...Snigger. :D:oops::rofl:

Haha they will be by tonight tho..

Posted

I think there is still snow falling but hard to tell with this wind. Stupidly windy it has already smashed my gate off its hinges and is causing chaos 

Edited by Wardlegacy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Definitely more windy than it supposed to be and pressure is lower. Good signs. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
19 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

:D i've not a clue, here in Whaley it's around £450 p/m depending on locality. Got to feel sorry for a few folks having to book hotel rooms for the second night in a row as Transpeak/199 aren't going anywhere near the town center and only the train is running north to Manchester, with a intermittent schedule. I'm fortunate in that if i'd got stuck in Buxton yesterday i'd have just grabbed a bottle of lucozade and can walk it the 3hr back home over the tops, already had the boots and winter gear on anyway but luckily I just caught the last 199 bus to make it out of town since 1:10pm yesterday.

A character building walk. Enjoy. It can be fun. 

Really.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Definitely more windy than it supposed to be and pressure is lower. Good signs. 

Not expecting anything mate, I have been watching closely and it is literally pivoting away from us right over our heads. CRAP!

5a9839d95c4e2_InkedScreenshot-2018-3-1WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(7)_LI.thumb.jpg.a9c90d5ae2efda67a771d52096bd8d14.jpg

• Like 1