Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Been snowing very very lightly at work all day, just got back home to slightly heavier stuff, still very light though and not accumulating at all, the shaded parts of the garden has held onto the dusting from this morning and yesterday morning, cant see us getting anymore snow apart from the very light pointless stuff, a very disappointing cold spell in terms of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

To those worried about shadow effect, don't. It is tonking it down here and we are in prime rain shadow position!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Nothing falling yet, but don’t think it will be long. More importantly, temp is starting to fall again. Max -0.7°C. This makes todaythe first ice day here since 2010.  I never thought I would see one again, they are so unusual here.  If I remember nothing else from this cold spell than I will remember this.

Started to snow now.  

Unfortunately it seems to be hooking west right over us so it doesn't really get going just light and patchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

That rain shadow better move it''s weeble...I want more 

Posted

What's a weeble? 

Edited by Winter Hill

Posted
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Unfortunately it seems to be hooking west right over us so it doesn't really get going just light and patchy.

Don't know how accurate NW radar is but there's one hell of a tail forming from the channel through north west France, we might not get main course but scraps are still on offer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Yeah cant work out if its hitting block or stalling or cold air is evaporating it!!! Either way i csn see the snow falling over fiddlers ferry from my house but it not falling here! ? 

Posted

Starting to snow here again although the radar hardly shows anything over Manchester.

The 12z gfs is good news for the southwest of the region as the band of snow reaches those areas before moving to the west towards Ireland.

Posted

Need one of those green blobs to have an effect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Feels weird cos the sky with thick grey cloud and the subzero temp cries out 'snow' but nothing... 

Posted

Don't start monitoring the progress of Storm Emma now because it's first wave will not reach our parts, it's the second band that pushes up tomorrow that might just scrape the southern parts of the region.  Personally knowing it will be so light by the time it reaches here I'm hoping it stays south of me and we keep the snow from today intact with lower temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Ignore this post read the one i put below.

Edited by Summerstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Need one of those green blobs to have an effect.

I've been stuck on the edges of those for the last two hours but it's struggling to stick though unfortunately but it is blowing all over the shop though. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Don't start monitoring the progress of Storm Emma now because it's first wave will not reach our parts, it's the second band that pushes up tomorrow that might just scrape the southern parts of the region.  Personally knowing it will be so light by the time it reaches here I'm hoping it stays south of me and we keep the snow from today intact with lower temps.

Latest GFS has it scraping into the SW of the region after midnight, shifted North from the earlier forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It is really windy here! I can hear it roaring in the trees. Sounds like Doris. I think this low is further north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Very windy with gusts blowing small flakes of snow around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
9 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

What's a weeble? 

weeble weebles

Posted
14 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Been snowing very very lightly at work all day, just got back home to slightly heavier stuff, still very light though and not accumulating at all, the shaded parts of the garden has held onto the dusting from this morning and yesterday morning, cant see us getting anymore snow apart from the very light pointless stuff, a very disappointing cold spell in terms of snow.

Same here winds strong but the showers just weaken over the hills. Very cold out there but i think that's it for snow here

Posted

Not good news on the second band for Friday, latest ICON, GFS & HIRLAM hardly get anything here atall. Looking more and more like a real epic fail in our little corner of the world.

Posted

Light flurries here... starting to fear the worse now about the shadow kicking in...

About time they put Horwich back in lancs :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

F54790D4-9A59-45CE-BA45-BD85D860C505.thumb.jpeg.b26f4d6c298b1224af48cbc65d6eb118.jpeg

bit windy out!

Edited by Spah1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Pressure is 3 mb lower than it should be at this time. I still think there are some surprises in store. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
Just now, Day 10 said:

Not good news on the second band for Friday, latest ICON, GFS & HIRLAM hardly get anything here atall. Looking more and more like a real epic fail in our little corner of the world.

The usual for us with an Easterly, cold but mainly dry.

Now that the main cold is almost over I would rather get rid altogether if we are not going to have proper snow.

Thankfully the models starting to show a quick warm up although UKMO latest looks unlikely.

• Like 1