Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The area of snow over us seems to be stalling!?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

How can a meteorological service give a red warning for the whole country? The UK Met has so far only put Northern Ireland under a yellow warning for Friday and yet you hop over the border to Donegal and its under red. Can you imagine if the UK Met put the whole of Wales under a red warning? 

Father Ted at the controls of Met Eireann. :rofl:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

A lot of talk about the swathe of precipitation over central and SE England in the Yorkshire thread. Suggestion that this is not associated with Emma, but convective activity breaking out in conjunction with moisture from the North Sea. Could be further developments. This could explain and tie in with the additional amber and yellow warnings.

Must admit I was wondering where all the snow would come from to last all night and into tomorrow.  The radar still shows it mainly light and what was once a backedge now seems to be merging with the light snow to the south east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Arround 3pm all eyes at the midlands band.. its intesifiying.. everything comming from the south west up the north. Weather pro radar looks brilliant. We will see ;)

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The flurry of snow is evaporating as it hits the ground. Very strange to see.. it's also melting on some surfaces which is odd

It is because of the strong wind.

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

A lot of talk about the swathe of precipitation over central and SE England in the Yorkshire thread. Suggestion that this is not associated with Emma, but convective activity breaking out in conjunction with moisture from the North Sea. Could be further developments. This could explain and tie in with the additional amber and yellow warnings.

I hope so as it is heading in our direction. Cheshire is literally the only blank area on the radar in the North West. I want to have a front move in with sub zero temps so it can really do it's magic... I'm just worried that by Saturday temps will have crept above meaning a slow thaw or snow not sticking.

image.png.83285cf389b0044c3ad2d8dfc86b37db.png

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Sun is shining through here

:(

Nnnnnnooooooo!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

There does look another showery band predicted about 3pm pushing up NW from the Midlands.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The flurry of snow is evaporating as it hits the ground. Very strange to see.. it's also melting on some surfaces which is odd

Ive noticed that its -1  but even the heavy bursts it doesnt stick and some mow melted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well 12 o’clock and still -1.5°C. Briefly rose to -1.1 but has dropped again. I hope we keep this cloud cover and light snow all afternoon and then an ice day will be assured. Tomorrow might be one as well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
2 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I hope so as it is heading in our direction. Cheshire is literally the only blank area on the radar in the North West. I want to have a front move in with sub zero temps so it can really do it's magic... I'm just worried that by Saturday temps will have crept above meaning a slow thaw or snow not sticking.

image.png.83285cf389b0044c3ad2d8dfc86b37db.png

I'm willing this across the whole region!! Hope the remainder of Cheshire joins in the fun as well.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, captaincroc said:

Where are you seeing this buddy? Is it a prediction radar? :)

weather pro apk is your call buddy! it is brilliant and have been very accurate, part of Meteogroup and you only pay around £3 for 3 months subscription for see the 4h ahead prediction and type of precipitation :)

Posted
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

I'm willing this across the whole region!! Hope the remainder of Cheshire joins in the fun as well.

I am too. I am grateful for what I have seen so far but it's barely laid anything down, a few cms at best... I want a true sub zero fall where it'ts blowing in the streets etc.  Cheshire has been one of the places with the short straws this spell, for example, the streamer that has been consistently over MCR...why not a bit further south? Just interesting to wonder why? As we have less high ground to our east so you think it would be easier for precipitation to make it over. Hey ho.

Anyways, not giving up hope just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

weather pro apk is your call buddy! it is brilliant and have been very accurate, part of Meteogroup and you only pay around £3 for 3 months subscription for see the 4h ahead prediction and type of precipitation :)

ahh cool. I have seen prediction radars but they just use the current radar and 'move' it, if that makes sense?

Guest Delete Me

Shift in the wind has pushed the snow from the SE midlands up to a NW direction over the past hour.

Should be in Stoke within 30 minutes at this rate

Capture.JPG

Posted
Just now, karyo said:

Have a look here http://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall#

I am not sure how reliable it is.

Cheers Karyo, yes I have got that but I think it just uses the current data and moves it in line with wind direction etc. Would be interesting to see an app that knows when things will reignite etc?

Posted
1 minute ago, captaincroc said:

Cheers Karyo, yes I have got that but I think it just uses the current data and moves it in line with wind direction etc. Would be interesting to see an app that knows when things will reignite etc?

Yes, I see what you mean. I also don't think it takes into account hills etc.

Posted

Its been like this for the past 90 minutes here, just skirting round us. Why? Proper snowdome effect. Jeez.. ☹

Screenshot_20180301-120803.png

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

Likewise, cheers Karyo

So after this band moves away west we get in on the pivoting front from around 2-3.30

Excellent, could be a little better in terms of intensity as its a front not blowing merged showers from the East, wind up too, could that be the upper air masses meeting?

Edited by cheshire cat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

This is what all the fuss all is about - just appearing on Radar SW

h500slp.thumb.png.511ce8dfd5f4382e10229612ebe5fcc0.png